Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sk4wHQA.gif

ZvcIdqi.jpg

I'll stop now.

Reactions: 13 people
Exactly. Why put the team down in the dumps like that. Steve Spurrier says he always told his teams they were just as good as any other team in the country. That won Spurrier a lot of football games including an ACC championship at Duke

He literally said in the very next sentence that we now have the talent and the depth to compete at that (playoffs) level.

The goal at Tennessee is to win championships. CBJ said it and the players are all in. I hate to set limits on this team. Get to the SECCG, expect to win and keep winning as long as we can.

104.5 just had guest on Paul Bassier. Caught the end of the interview. He must be associated with a sports gambling site. Was talking Titans, playoffs, NC Game.

He closed with "we have Tennessee in our top 5 next year. Maybe 3 or 4. They are loooooooaaaaaaaded."

I have heard him on here in Memphis. I think he is with Prediction Machine, a website that runs simulations of games.

Sorry man didn't read the whole transcript. I'll do better next time

Ha, definitely wasn't trying to chastise, I was just trying to get across the fact that he wasn't downplaying our team for next year. The comment about "not having those kind of expectations" was just a followup to the joking around they ere doing about the 2 guys who came up to him and told him they already had their hotel rooms booked in Tampa for the NCG.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah I know. I gave him credit for getting the financials in order. And he hired butch after being turned down by at least strong and gundy. Butch fell into his lap. In my opinion, that's getting lucky and as a vol fan I'm damn happy that he did

What's the old saying?

Better to be lucky than good. Got to give credit where it is due. I didn't particular care for the way the search went, but he came out well. Other previous AD's did not come out well.

Athlon has us #8

Chris Lowe about to be on 104.5 and give ESPN ranking. He said Tennessee fans are going to be happy.

It's happening

Ha, definitely wasn't trying to chastise, I was just trying to get across the fact that he wasn't downplaying our team for next year. The comment about "not having those kind of expectations" was just a followup to the joking around they ere doing about the 2 guys who came up to him and told him they already had their hotel rooms booked in Tampa for the NCG.

Haha alright it just came off that way when I read it. I'm glad he added that to his first part about Tampa being a bit too high but for me if we compete and get to the playoff then once we're there I'll be expecting to get to tampa. It is a difference of one game. I'll be happy with an sec east championship but I am personally expecting to get to the NCG. Some players are saying it's their expectation and it would just be nice to see our AD back them up a little more

I saw a Chris Smith tweet from the FF that said that Shoop will be the new DC. Smith is apparently a writer for Vandy, so I assume he has old contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back