Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
The expectation shouldn't be playoffs, but it should be to contend for the SEC championship. Win that and the playoffs are certainly possible.

Reactions: 7 people
Absolutely. Winning the east should be the expectation. We are better than every team in the East.

exactly. thats should be the #1 goal next year. beat florida, beat georgia, control your own destiny in the east then go from there. make it back to atlanta and anything can happen

Reactions: 6 people
Butch Jones did. Not Dave hart. He got financials in order. Now he needs to capitalize on success. Be confident enough in your product to say that expecting a trip to the Tampa is ok. Have a little fun

Last time I checked, Dave Hart hired Butch Jones. Got financials in order and hired the coach that has the cash cow on an upward trajectory. Making boatloads of money right now.

Reactions: 2 people
104.5 just had guest on Paul Bassier. Caught the end of the interview. He must be associated with a sports gambling site. Was talking Titans, playoffs, NC Game.

He closed with "we have Tennessee in our top 5 next year. Maybe 3 or 4. They are loooooooaaaaaaaded."

Reactions: 12 people
exactly. thats should be the #1 goal next year. beat florida, beat georgia, control your own destiny in the east then go from there. make it back to atlanta and anything can happen

We should sweep our east schedule. Which means beat A&M and we're in Atlanta no matter what else happens.

I think we can take bama too, personally.

Reactions: 1 person
(Hopefully people know the backstory here)

3iQYV1D.jpg

Reactions: 11 people
hart deserves major credit for this hire. I dont agree with saying that playoffs are the expectation because that makes it seem like anything less next year would be an absolute failure.

how about we win the east first and go from there? we can be a playoff team next year but saying thats the expectation is lunacy.

just be happy that butch and hart are doing the things necessary to put tennessee in a position for playoffs because we were in a very very bad place this time 3 years ago
I personally think he got lucky with the hire but that's just me. I'm extremely happy that butch is here and I think hart is doing a good job. I just have a problem with his attitude towards the playoff.

I'm not someone that will freak out and call next year a failure if we don't make it to the playoffs (sec championship game is a different story) and i wasnt being serious when i said fire hart. It's just that when I look at the schedule for next year it's hard to say there are any sure fire loses hence why the playoff is my personal expectation for this team.

If our expectation is the SEC Championship game, that's almost as good as the playoffs. If you win that game and have a very solid record then you have a really good chance to be in the playoffs

Last time I checked, Dave Hart hired Butch Jones. Got financials in order and hired the coach that has the cash cow on an upward trajectory. Making boatloads of money right now.

Yeah I know. I gave him credit for getting the financials in order. And he hired butch after being turned down by at least strong and gundy. Butch fell into his lap. In my opinion, that's getting lucky and as a vol fan I'm damn happy that he did

We should sweep our east schedule. Which means beat A&M and we're in Atlanta no matter what else happens.

I think we can take bama too, personally.

I agree. can you imagine beating alabama in the dome to win the sec and punching a ticket to the playoffs? 😱

Reactions: 3 people
104.5 just had guest on Paul Bassier. Caught the end of the interview. He must be associated with a sports gambling site. Was talking Titans, playoffs, NC Game.

He closed with "we have Tennessee in our top 5 next year. Maybe 3 or 4. They are loooooooaaaaaaaded."

We are.

Seriously, how many other teams are returning so much in their two deep?

Hart said the expectation of returning to Tampa next year is too high.

Some of our best players have said they expect to be in Tampa next year. After years of lowered expectations, the last thing the players need is Hart and fans telling them they can't do something they think they can do.

If our expectation is the SEC Championship game, that's almost as good as the playoffs. If you win that game and have a very solid record then you have a really good chance to be in the playoffs

But people are saying the expectation should be Tampa, meaning the championship game. Not even the playoffs, they are expecting a championship game appearance.

He has prediction machine dot com.

Some of our best players have said they expect to be in Tampa next year. After years of lowered expectations, the last thing the players need is Hart and fans telling them they can't do something they think they can do.

Exactly. Why put the team down in the dumps like that. Steve Spurrier says he always told his teams they were just as good as any other team in the country. That won Spurrier a lot of football games including an ACC championship at Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back