Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Weezer
Just wondering- if Butch has his guy already and this floating of other names is just to appear that a search is taking place- is that required after someone has been let go? Why not just hire the replacement and be done with it- no search at all? This done seem very familiar to last year.

Because it looks very bad on Butch to hire a new DC a day or two after you fired your old one. That screams that the deal was done before the firing was made. You do not want that perception on you or the program. The media would probably slay him, if he did that.

Bruin...I know this has since been answered, but I was the one who posted the incorrect figure Orlando was earning. I saw this article and posted without reading it closer:

New coordinator Todd Orlando set to make over $1 million with Cougars - Houston Chronicle

Assumed from the headline it was his annual pay and not for the life of the contract...my apologies.

I'll refrain from any research in the future and stick with making bad jokes...:ermm:

Dang what a terrible titled article.

Certainly understand the confusion

Still think it is Shoop. Agents are working hard to get their guys raises by throwing their names out right now, but Shoop was the first guy mentioned (before there was even an opening) and he makes more sense than any other candidate.

Reactions: 1 person
Jancek - 7
Chizik - 8/8.5
Shoop - 10
Chavis - 8.5/9 not happening, and recruiting hurts him here
Hoke - WTCrap?
Orlando - not educated enough to make a call, but 8/8.5 from what I gather.

Stop the insanity and let's have a Shoop D'etat

Reactions: 3 people
Chizik doesn't make much sense to me. That seems like a lateral move from Jancek, and unless the personal stuff was a really big distraction or problem, it just doesn't quite add up. I'd rather have continuity on the staff than Chizik. Hoping for Shoop.

TIFWIW but an UNC commit family member posted on their site that Chiz told player via Snapchat yesterday he would be taking job at UT when asked a leaving.

On internet must be true.

Last edited:
Chizik doesn't make much sense to me. That seems like a lateral move from Jancek, and unless the personal stuff was a really big distraction or problem, it just doesn't quite add up. I'd rather have continuity on the staff than Chizik. Hoping for Shoop.

Chiz is an upgrade over Jancek. Better DC, much better recruiter, and has a ring.

Because it looks very bad on Butch to hire a new DC a day or two after you fired your old one. That screams that the deal was done before the firing was made. You do not want that perception on you or the program. The media would probably slay him, if he did that.

I get your point, but disagree. His reply to any criticism about a quick hire would be pretty simple. In today's business world, we are always looking to improve. And in college football, theses changes have to be made quickly. Especially dealing with coaching changes, because you have to make the right hire before someone else pulls the rug out, it starts to affect recruiting, the perception of the program, etc. We always have working lists ready just for situations like this that might arise. What you call tasteless, I call due diligence. Next question.

JMO.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back