Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowe says Shoop wants to get back in the SEC. Doesn't think buyout is a big deal. Will def have to be willing to raise assistant coach money for everyone.

The perspective Butch has on this hire I think is probably in a large part the result of not only competing against Saban and the SEC but also has to do with OOC schedule he has had to face. He has studied innovative and competitive coaching situations and schemes especially with Oregon and Oklahoma.

He had to have seen that Stoops cleaned house last year to make the championship run this year.

He has watched Saban work with Kiffin, who know matter any hard feelings can coach up a college offense. You heard it as he ran off the field last Friday in Tampa.

He is coaching to meet the highest expectations and knows that these are expected in Knoxville and in the broad fan base and achievable. Things are looking up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
With respect to Hart's "expectations" comment I can understand the angle he is trying to play. Don't want to put too much unnecessary pressure on the team especially this early in the race. The hype will manifest on its own (look at everyone's preseason ranks for 2016). But with the addition of Shoop, barring any disasters, with the added potential in position coach upgrades, the expectation should definitely be winning the East. If history continues, that essentially puts us in a play-in SECCgame for the Playoff. Wouldn't you agree?

Any word on Gattis or other assistants coming? Seems some here said at least he was definite. Hoping we can get him

I wonder if all these experts ranking Tennessee so high in 2016 know that we didn't have 1 WR get to 500 yards. Fix that huge problem and Tennessee will be downright nazzzty.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back