Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't get Shoop now, VN is going to be miserable.

lol. True. For me I trust the cajones Butch threw out there with this decision. It took brass ones. Like bell sized brass ones that shake the ground when he walks. Add in I thought Debord was a joke and Butch, as usual, made a fool out of me.

Trust Butch results follow. I still say it's Shoop.

Have any players taken to Twitter to share their feelings about JJ? Or any recruits? Remember Mecole's beloved Pruitt? He tweeted "as long as they keep Pruitt" or something to that effect.

Silence is noted.

Shoop's last tweet:

Bob Shoop
@Coach_ShoopPSU

Very cool transition made by Paul Depodesta..Always fascinated by outside the box thinkers..Analytics definitely have place in football..

LOL.

OMG

Do not want now (blue font)

Have any players taken to Twitter to share their feelings about JJ? Or any recruits? Remember Mecole's beloved Pruitt? He tweeted "as long as they keep Pruitt" or something to that effect.

Silence is noted.

Pruitt was his own personal hype machine. Jancek went to work without drawing attention to himself. No doubt, some current players are going to be upset, but winning will cure that.

Thanks to John for his work here, but Butch is building a championship team, and simply saw room for improvement

Reactions: 1 person
Fellas and Gals, this is going to be a great trip. Dalton Santos, Otha Peters, Lamar Dawson, Gabe Wright, Vonn Bell... Yes, awful results, but exciting nonetheless. This year we are going to kill it IMO. Coach Butch Jones is no...

Foster is so unlikely it's not even worth talking about.

Shoop has had one of if not THE top D in the big 10 since he got there. Despite massive sanctions.

Did chizik have the top D in the acc?

I don't know ab "top" D in the ACC for yr 1, but good. Chizik built his name with his defenses, though. People forget how well respected he is as a D Coordinator...

"Chizik also was Auburn’s defensive coordinator from 2002-04 where he built one of the nation’s most dominating defenses. In 2004, he earned the Broyles Award as the top assistant coach in the country when Auburn finished first in scoring defense and fifth in total defense. Auburn went 13-0, won the Southeastern Conference and defeated Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl.

Chizik was the defensive coordinator at Texas under Mack Brown when the Longhorns captured the 2005 national championship. The Longhorns ranked eighth nationally in scoring defense, 10th in total defense and fourth in pass efficiency defense.

Prior to his arrival at Auburn in 2004, Chizik was the defensive coordinator for four seasons (1998-01) at Central Florida, where he improved a unit that was 81st nationally in total defense before his arrival to one that was 16th in the country in 2001."

All that from his current UNC bio.
Has multiple national championships as head coach and D Coordinator. Has been successful at all stops as head defense guy. Knows Sec very well.

Chizik > Shoop imo

Who knows who we'll end up w, but I'd love him here.

Edit: I'd love to land either FTR

Last edited:
Stay at home dad? How do you have a life outside of VN with a post count like that.

Na man it's easy, I run 3 construction crews and a family and my phone literally never stops. I am a hub of communication for 5 stores between sales to the field. Volnation is the only social media that I participate on daily so 3-4 posts a day and boom, adds up. Dem Vols fault, brought me here.

I don't know ab "top" D in the ACC for yr 1, but good. Chizik built his name with his defenses, though. People forget how well respected he is as a D Coordinator...

"Chizik also was Auburn’s defensive coordinator from 2002-04 where he built one of the nation’s most dominating defenses. In 2004, he earned the Broyles Award as the top assistant coach in the country when Auburn finished first in scoring defense and fifth in total defense. Auburn went 13-0, won the Southeastern Conference and defeated Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl.

Chizik was the defensive coordinator at Texas under Mack Brown when the Longhorns captured the 2005 national championship. The Longhorns ranked eighth nationally in scoring defense, 10th in total defense and fourth in pass efficiency defense.

Prior to his arrival at Auburn in 2004, Chizik was the defensive coordinator for four seasons (1998-01) at Central Florida, where he improved a unit that was 81st nationally in total defense before his arrival to one that was 16th in the country in 2001."

All that from his current UNC bio.
Has multiple national championships as head coach and D Coordinator. Has been successful at all stops as head defense guy. Knows Sec very well.

Chizik > Shoop imo

Who knows who we'll end up w, but I'd love him here.

Edit: I'd love to land either FTR

As a total career Chizik is at the top but so was Chief. I may be damn wrong but I think a coach is at his best on the way up. That's Shoop right now. Chizik brings a lot lot lot of experience to the table and he did bring UNC around quickly.

Reactions: Weezer
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back