Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's partially the logic behind the argument of scrum caps for football training. Forcing the players to tackle properly and wrap up.

But football would have to change tackling rules similar to rugby to make a huge difference imo. Helmets were supposed to protect players from incidental contact to the head and hitting the ground. Instead they started being used as weapons.

That’s the thing, in order to change the tackling rules to really impact football the way that rugby is.. the game would be dramatically different. Americans would be flip their **** 😂

That hit we all love that Eric Berry threw on Knowshon Moreno… would be illegal.

The hits across the middle of the field that are shoulder to chest… would be illegal.

Even the hit Slaughter laid on the UK WR this year to cause that INT in the red zone, would have been illegal because he didn’t wrap all the way through the tackle to the ground.

Basically any hit from the YouTube videos with the “hardest hits in football” that we all have watched and like to watch, would almost all be illegal. It’d be very different.

Reactions: SoilVol
I've been reading a lot lately about how historical our defense is this year. I decided to put together a list of our defensive performances (in-conference only) and compare them to our SEC Brethren. We are far and away the best. Below is a Google Sheet that I put together to track it. There are two charts that show how impressive our performances have been so far. The first is sequential and the second is normalizing from each teams best performance to their worst performance.

M'boro defiantly does not have a small town feel any longer. It takes 20-30 minutes to drive 3-4 miles down Medical Center Blvd to get past The Avenue. We live in Blackman it's the amount of new contraction, both residential and apartment seems to be never ending. It's getting that Alpharetta/Marietta feel to it. I hate it, I moved here for the smaller feel, but it's getting too big. I may keep going SE toward Chattanooga in a few years. The Boro is closed, don't come. ;)

Ooooof. I haven’t been back to the Boro since college. It was already getting bad then.. can only imagine now.

M'boro defiantly does not have a small town feel any longer. It takes 20-30 minutes to drive 3-4 miles down Medical Center Blvd to get past The Avenue. We live in Blackman it's the amount of new contraction, both residential and apartment seems to be never ending. It's getting that Alpharetta/Marietta feel to it. I hate it, I moved here for the smaller feel, but it's getting too big. I may keep going SE toward Chattanooga in a few years. The Boro is closed, don't come. ;)
My father lived in that area. Where 840 now runs are the old fields I used to explore as a kid. I ran up and down Overall Creek as kid, it runs right off of Florence Rd. Wasn't an odd sight to see a cow walking down Florence Rd then.

It's unrecognizable now, all that's gone and it's just subdivisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadWorld
The articles I read…. They were going to get a padded hat like Rugby for when a players heads hit the ground… They said that playing without a helmet had almost eliminated concussions except when the players head hit the ground…. The padding was to help absorb some of that contact.
I’m certainly on board with removing helmets to learn proper technique and tackling. Proper technique has the biggest impact on concussions.

VN, my family could use your thoughts, prayers, Jobu sacrifices, and agnostic well wishes today. My 3 year old grandson Wyatt is at Vanderbilt to undergo open heart surgery at 8am Central. They are repairing his aortic valve via a Ross Procedure. The docs say it will take 6 to 7 hours. He has dealt with this since birth and has already been through 2 balloon procedures that delayed this surgery for a couple of years. Thanks all!
Congenital Aortic Stenosis Surgery for Children: Ross Procedure
My thoughts, prayers and best wishes are all sent for your grandson. May God’s blessing and healing powers shine on Wyatt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back