Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have to be at work 6:30am and got off at 3pm when I worked in Brentwood. That might be why my commute was always 30-40 minutes. I didn't really think about that aspect. I guess it also matters where in Brentwood you're commuting to as well.
That's actually what I do now to beat traffic in Houston. I get in around 6:30 and leave by 3:30. But I take a bus in from 20 miles away...lot better for me than driving. I don't get home wound up from the traffic.

I have a theory as to why there’s not top level fan engagement or presumed excitement with the basketball team. While Tennessee has had a very good season my belief is that a lot of fans just want to temper their hopes and take a wait and see approach after being let down multiple times come march. Also, Tennessee doesn’t exactly play a very “exciting” style of basketball. Nevertheless Tennessee is winning currently and that’s all that really matters

B6EuYU-CUAATc1b.jpg

What is seen, cannot be unseen.

Number 5, but only in 0.7mm...I feel like I'm scratching the paper when I write with a 0.5mm one.

Also, on Amazon you can find this pen with metal cases that are pretty slick. I got blue, red, black and a grey one. The black is solid black...the clicker piece, barrel, clip, all of it is black. At my work, everyone is assigned a pen color so that you know who wrote something on review documents, so I use my black pen with 0.7mm green ink.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I think that's partially the logic behind the argument of scrum caps for football training. Forcing the players to tackle properly and wrap up.

But football would have to change tackling rules similar to rugby to make a huge difference imo. Helmets were supposed to protect players from incidental contact to the head and hitting the ground. Instead they started being used as weapons.
Kids are taught to lead with their heads in way to many little leagues by coaches that are trying to relive some kind of fantasy of being in the Super Bowl. I think it was a show called Friday Night Tykes that was on for a while and I just couldn't believe how they were coached.

Not wearing a helmet and scrum caps aren’t why rugby has less concussions so I’ve never understood the scrum cap debate for football. It had less concussions because of the laws of the game. You aren’t allowed to hit without wrapping in rugby. No throwing a shoulder into a ball carrier, no throwing your body at the feet of a ball carrier, no tackling above the shoulders (they are even looking to eliminate tackling above the torso soon) etc.. you have to hit with your shoulder and wrap your arms. If you don’t follow that, you get a penalty. Do it more than once and you can get a red card and are ejected. Rugby players are taught from the lowest levels of the sport how to tackle and how to protect your head going into a tackle and they practice it year after year, even the pros. This is why they have less concussions.

I actually got one concussion in rugby after 5 seasons. The one time I did, I was wearing a scrum cap. The other 4 years, I didn’t wear one. 🤦🏻‍♂️
The articles I read…. They were going to get a padded hat like Rugby for when a players heads hit the ground… They said that playing without a helmet had almost eliminated concussions except when the players head hit the ground…. The padding was to help absorb some of that contact.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
5, 2, 4, 9. . . 9 is an unlisted pen. . .

Cross or Mont Blanc? I prefer Cross, just because I was gifted one.

A guy I used to work with told me a crazy story about the Mont Blanc pens. Something about Hitler and a Jewish jewelry designer he made create the pen. Idk if it's true, but a neat story.

Have you, or anyone, tried to use one of the infinite pens that doesn't use lead or ink?
The story of Montblanc origin began in 1906 when a designer from Berlin named August Eberstein, in partnership with a Hamburg banker, Alfred Nehemias, developed a range of simple-to-use fountain pens. The simplicissimus pen is a pen design which includes a built-in ink well.

Summary of eRumor:
Montblanc pens have a trademark on their caps of a finely-crafted white star. It is said that the Montblanc pen was designed by a Jew for Adolph Hitler so that, without knowing it, Hitler carried the Jewish Star of David in his pocket.

The Truth:
The Montblanc company is a German company that was founded in the early 1900’s under a different name, then became Montblanc in 1910. According to “The Montblanc Diary and Collector’s Guide” written by Jens Rosler, the first pens with the white star on the cap were produced in 1914, long before Hitler’s rise to power. The white star represents the snow-capped mountain Montblanc which was also, “..black at the bottom, white at the top and the greatest among its peers.” It does resemble a Star of David, but we have found no evidence that the resemblance is intentional.

Small appendage contest? You've lost your damn mind...not everyone is a thumb sucking ****y. Those dudes are idiots...but that takes steel cahones.
rolling up in a jacked up diesel to play football with no helmet and pads may mean one's balls are gigantic, but is overcompensation. Again, so small...

Anyone ever had a dream that felt like it lasted an extremely long time? Like you were in the dream for days and days?
I wrapped up a mini-series one particular night. I woke up 3-4 times and went back to where I 'd paused. Real dramatic, intense end of world storyline too! Took me awhile after gaining full conciousness to realize it wasn't reality...and I was hella relieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back