Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every offseason we see coaches put out hints that they‘re considering other jobs as leverage to demand a raise. Kinda think Wright was doing that in his own way.

Can’t really blame him if that’s the case. Bet lots of players do it going forward.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
If an assistant is failing, firing is on the table. That's up to Heupel. But if a position group is performing poorly, fans are going to comment. If you don't like the conversation, you can choose not to participate. The problem is some don't want the conversation to happen at all.

And by your reasoning that we should just trust those in chargr, Mike Hamilton should still be AD with Dooley as our coach.

No one was calling for Heupel's head.
By all means comment. Just understand that other posters also will comment and remind you that none of us know all the facts. I do enjoy the debate. I don't enjoy people complaining when their comments are questioned.

Honestly, ya don't need it. Research says caffeine merely gets you back to your pre-caffeine days baseline. People taking in caffeine are then just stuck trying to get back to their original baseline, but it feels like a small rush to them, because deprived of the substance they're lower than usual.

I was drinking 4 or 5 cups a day years ago when I was working late shifts. I tried cold turkey and got bad headaches and felt worse than ever.

But, now years later, I don't need any at all and feel just fine. Just get good sleep. The rest is in your head. It will go away over time. Good nutrition and exercise will help too.

Me just reading your post...
coffee-and-cigarettes-comedy.gif

No worries. I just personally didn't like Elvis and Hanks' role in it was a big reason why (I also really didn't like the editing).

But it was a successful movie and even well rated by critics.

I love Tom Hanks so it's not any bias. But most actors with that long of a career have a few bad movies at some point or another. Whether they just take something for a big pay day, do a film for a friend (Ithaca was Meg Ryan directing) or just pick a bad script. It happens especially if you're as prolific as Hanks has been.
I don't understand affecting that stupid heavy accent for the Col...that really irritated me. I guess it was to drive home the point that the guy was a illegal immigrant con-artist, but it was just dumb.

By all means comment. Just understand that other posters also will comment and remind you that none of us know all the facts. I do enjoy the debate. I fully enjoy people complaining when their comments are questioned.
Debate is fun. It takes a turn when you (subjective you, not you personally) try to vilify the opposing poster or try to demean them. Those responses should be saved for the trolls.

One of the greatest actor additions to a legendary series. Leon, man...

Up there #2 only to Frank (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) by DeVito. The #1 longest running live comedy show of all-time. At the time I remember people wondering about it...now you can't imagine the show without him. Unbelievable addition.
811EBD95-8000-415A-BC4D-92AA5619E4A0.gif

Debate is fun. It takes a turn when you (subjective you, not you personally) try to vilify the opposing poster or try to demean them. Those responses should be saved for the trolls.
Just to be clear… I was not trying to vilify you. I was trying to help you realize what LA and others were saying the coaches strategy was with the portal so you wouldn’t go DB portal shopping then get disappointed when they didn’t go after them. I am slow, but I finally realized you didn’t want to know the strategy. You were perfectly fine being angry. 😂

Last edited:
I have three wishes for next season.

Beat Florida in the Swamp. They were ass this year. They will probably be ass next year. A win in the Swamp to make it two in a row will effectively remove the Florida monkey from our backs for the foreseeable future, and it may lead to us starting a nice little streak against them.

Beat the absolute chickenshit out of the Gamecocks and Shane Beamer. No explanation necessary.

Joe Milton doesn't miss a beat from the Orange Bowl, and in fact, improves on his performance and there's never a doubt he's our starting QB.
I don't think I have ever wanted us to annihilate anyone as much as I want to annihilate and embarrass Shane Beamer...I despise that turd.

Thankfully a family member posted an update that he is doing better. Still having some liver and lung issues but improving.
Actress Naya Rivera, sister of former Vol TE Mychal Rivera, died in a supposedly similar situation saving her son. He's lucky to have survived. Great that he's doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back