Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vs Team Talent Composite Opponents (fwiw we were ranked only 19th...about to be so much better):

Versus teams ahead of us: 4-1 (#1 Bama, 2 UGA, 5 Clemson, 8 LSU, and 14 UF)

7-1 vs teams behind us, only loss to #USCjr who was just 1 spot behind us

What a magical season. This staff and scheme doesn't play down to nobody and boxes above its weight constantly. Just imagine once we are top 10 in raw talent...goodness.

What a great time to be a Vol!

One of the greatest actor additions to a legendary series. Leon, man...

Up there #2 only to Frank (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) by DeVito. The #1 longest running live comedy show of all-time. At the time I remember people wondering about it...now you can't imagine the show without him. Unbelievable addition.

Reactions: Volpac Sackyou
You need to go back and check out what CJH said about defense when he was first hired. No verbatim but basically he just wants a defense that can stop splash plays and not give up sustained drives. Now do I want a defense that gives up 0 points and negative yards every play absolutely but it seems they have a plan. I think CTB didn't have the skill players he needed to be able to do exactly what he wanted. I think they feel like they are coming with this class and the growing pains that come with it is something we will need to accept in 2023 to get ready for the years to come.

He took a team that was down on talent as far as the SEC top tier goes and went 11-2 and wasn't expected to win maybe 8 games so anytime I see anything about fire this coach even if tounge and check I think it deserves to be mocked. We went through enough of that Bullsh*t in the past and I think we are damn lucky to have what we've got. If he needs to make a move on his staff let that be his decision and not have to listen to the whims of every wantabe football expert.

I think I've caught up now.
Only he never once mentioned firing Heupel. You and others took it there.

Accountability doesn't come in one form. He doesn't have to be fired. Perhaps that's just answering questions from the media, fans (Vol Calls), etc. Or maybe it's making a change with a coach. Idk. But if you roll with what you have, you take that result as your own. Can't blame "lack of talent" anymore.
The results are his own…. We improved from 31 ppg to 23 ppg allowed….. the defense was a huge part of our success…. It will never placate everyone’s expectations bc we will continue to face more possessions with less rest than other teams…. We need to keep improving but not as much as people make it seem…. The number one area we need to improve is to have a healthy secondary from spring through the season.

Ehh might be a nothing burger headline

• The school source believes that the NCAA violations are relatively minor infractions — one includes an analyst coaching players and another involves text messages that violated NCAA rules — but that the investigation also centers on the program’s response to such violations. Three sources who have knowledge of the investigation confirmed it included self-reported violations involving an analyst coaching players on the field. It is unclear what the punishment from the NCAA would be.

but wait there's more???

Accountability comes in many forms. He didn't imply, you inferred.
Any time someone brings up accountability from the head coach it only means two things change assistant or change the coach. We must agree that what we want and what we get are often two different things. I tend to believe that the people that are there everyday tend to have a much better grasp on what they are trying to do more so than any of us key board warriors. Do I always like what I see...no but am I or anybody else on here privy to what they want or expect.....no. So since I'm not in charge of that. I tend to accept the fact they know more about football in this day and age than I or you do.....simple.

I’m trying to kick my coffee addiction this year (I know I m ow, why would I do that?). It’s going poorly. Trying a shroom substitute coffee. Not the psychedelic two marijuana ones. Lions mane, reishi, etc. There’s a lot out there on the market.
You see the problem! If you were trying the psychedelic one it would be going much better 😜

Not what I said. Players knowing where they're going beforehand implies tampering.
Ah...well I guess you implied that & I inferred incorrectly! LOL - Either way, I agree. I do think a lot of these portal transfers are done without direct tampering - just like coaches who can truthfully say "I haven't spoken with ___ school."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back