Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why we didnt hire Kara Lawson instead of Kellie. Kara checks all the boxes with a NBA-coaching pedigree. Kellie didn't have a great resume as a college coach. If Tennessee Lady Vol basketball is a top 5 coaching job, it needs to have a top 5 coach.
SIAP, iirc Kara didn't have collegiate head coaching experience when we were hiring. It might've turned out alright, but the Lady Vols were not in the position to be hiring a first timer. Donors wouldn't support Jeff Walz from Louisville and Fulmer wasn't willing to buy one of the best. So it seemed it came down to Kellie, who was a Lady Vol and a head coach... even if she wasn't the best pick.

Dang, always lumped Stallworth in as a 'me' guy.

Had that one pegged wrong. Great write up by Sentinel for a change.

My skin may be blue but my hair isn’t 😁 —- but I’ve been watching the LadyVols since Pat first started coaching and they played games in the gym. I grew up in a neighborhood of almost all boys in east Tennessee and was quite the tomboy. There really was no organized girls sports but I did so love to play. The first time I played on a team of all girls was intramurals at UT. When I saw the Lady Vols and continued to watch them develop into the kind of players and team I thought women’s sports could be capable of —- I was so proud. Pat Head then, Summitt later, was so strong and so sure about what the Lady Vols could be and did become — and women athletes needed her.

Just because no one can be her, doesn’t mean we accept mediocrity. If we want all men’s sports to chase championships, then we should want all women’s sports to chase championships.

I love Kellie J Harper - I loved her fire as a point guard and I love her heart as a coach but unless she is willing to learn (great players and coaches are always learning) then she is as good as she is going to get. We need a coach that will chase championships and will expect the same of players. Coach and players need to have the drive, commitment, work ethic, and “hate to lose” mentality that we desire and appreciate in our men’s coaches and teams.

🧡 Go Vols - all of them. If we’re going to be the everything school, let’s be the Everything School.
So, wait. SweetAsSoda is a dude, and SmokinBob is not?

WTH is going on around here?

He followed Brian Kelly at Central Michigan and Cincinnati where player development and the culture was already established. He followed Derek Dooley at TN. Enough said. His record at Arkansas State is 5-19. Total tool and loser.

I totally agree with your assessment that this is the perfect opportunity for saban to get butch back in the SEC. No one would see this coming. This OC hire would be perfect for bama, jmo. I’m rooting for butch in this situation. I wonder if the Tennessee AD gave saban a vote of confidence in butch if that would help? Kinda like he did for both dooley and pruitt for Tennessee? I think that would be appropriate. Maybe the Tennessee twitter folks could somehow help make this happen?
Imagine the joy throughout the SEC teams if this hiring occurred! I’m absolutely sure that jimbo and lane would endorse it…sarkisian would as well. I’m sure that he remembers their time in tuscaloosa together. Can’t imagine any SEC coach or actually any coach at any level who would be opposed to this hire. If it were to happen, then

Tennessee 15-0 🤠 to infinity and beyond!

He even partially ruined this memory for me when I see the whole clip because I remember this weird reaction (not to mention I remember how the rest of the season played out):
View attachment 534059

He tripped and tried to make it look like he was overcome with emotion…but more importantly, look at the score at the bottom of your picture…why would you post that? (Scores not updated) 🤔

Underrated transfers in the SEC, per On3 (were the only team to have 2 listed)

Tennessee TE McCallan Castles
Transfer from: UC Davis
The buzz: Princeton Fant, who led Vols tight ends with 22 receptions last season, has exhausted his eligibility. Enter McCallan Castles (6 feet 5, 235 pounds), a former standout at FCS member UC Davis. He and holdover Jacob Warrenfigure to be the Vols’ top two tight ends – and Castles might be the better receiver. Castles is a two-time second-team All-Big Sky selection. He began his college career at California in 2018, then transferred to UC Davis after the 2019 season. He had 30 receptions for 347 and two TDs in 2022, giving him 57 receptions and six touchdowns in the past two seasons.

Tennessee LB Keenan Pili
Transfer from: BYU
The buzz: Keenan Pili (6-3, 237) is a thumper against the run and will add some physicality to a Vols defense that needs it. At the least, Pili will be a key part of the linebacker rotation. He started at MIKE linebacker for BYU and was second on the team in 2022 with 62 tackles. He also started in 2020 and opened the 2021 season as a starter before being hurt in Game 3 and missing the rest of the season. Pili, who was a two-year captain for the Cougars, has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back