Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't figure out why the OC from U Wash doesn't want to let Saban scream at him all day, stealing all the credit for everything that he does successfully, and blaming and ridiculing him to his fan base whenever something that Saban himself has approved goes wrong, scapegoating him.

I know, right?!?!

I didn’t even realize today was National Signing Day until I saw a tweet just now. No fanfare building up to it. No excitement. Gone is the days of yesteryear where this was a massive event. It’s a big ole nothing burger now, which is kind of sad.
I took the day off from work some years. Now I'm like you, I made it almost through the morning not realizing it was National Signing Day.

Hubbs not leaving a warm and fuzzy feeling about OL rakrooting.

Also I know, its only January.
Piggybacked from their mild criticism of Ellarbee’s recruiting in one of their podcasts last week. Can’t disagree with their entire spiel more. It’s revisionist fond remembrance of Fulmer’s efforts before and after he ascended to HC. When he toiled for Majors, there was no star system or off-season 7x7 camps. You visited high schools and developed relationships, attended games…like today. Unlike today, you put more stock in their all-county or all-state status. Fulmer had a tendency to target legit DL prospects (like Jason Layman and Patrick Lenoir) with a goal of converting them to OL. Success bred out of that when it wasn’t the norm. The 86-89 classes of big uglies is what led to our 90’s success. Laid a foundation and kept adding to it. Didn’t mean jack if he didn’t develop them into the road graders who could transform Chuck Webb’s backup into a 1000+ yard rusher. Errybody’s looking for the next Sam Pittman. Pittman wasn’t a recruiting ace until he arrived at UGA. And he had logged a long resume before then. What he did accomplish at his previous stops was the REPUTATION for developing and coaching up what he did land. That rep combined with the top program stage brought in the 5 and high 4 star beasts. They’re herds…they move towards where the pastures are good. Players like Darnell Wright and Jerome Carvin are showing out at the Senior Bowl…products of an elite teacher. Same players were average to below under Will Friend. This week, VQ worried about the strategy management towards OT’s. They referenced how mediocre the tag team of Mincey/Crawford was in action. I don’t think they watched the same games as myself. Their performance allowed Wright to truly dominate at his natural position. A season after being forced to play both Wright and Cade Mays out of theirs. This basically 1 1/2 recruiting classes into a total rebuild. Replacing Wright and Carvin will be a tough incline, but I’ve learned that true OL coaching talents will make that squad improve every year. There will be a day in the near future where some of our usuals will downplay our OL success because ANYBODY can win with Brian Grant, Addison Nichols, Massai Reddick and Mo Clipper! 😉

endgame-avengers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back