Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shine is off the program, but he always has a choice. He's going to have vocal support-- and vocal opposition-- either way. Women's programs at UT are a political minefield. In some ways, issues have escalated with NIL, the portal and the success of UT men's programs. DW is a much stronger AD than those before him, but nobody's excited to open a can of worms.

But he's going to have to fix the women's programs if they can't fix themselves. Softball might be able to get back on track this year. Karen seems to have addressed major issues head-on. Theoretically, WBB could take a redemptive turn, as well. And I'm sure nobody is hoping for that more fervently than the AD and Chancellor.
I said 2 years ago she wasn't going to make it. I said last year she wasn't going to make it. When you know a coach isn't going to cut it, how long before you move on? That's been a problem in the past, keeping coaches too long all while the program goes deeper and deeper into a hole that's hard to get out of. Problem is, will AD white have the intestinal fortitude to hire a the best coach he can find or is he going to work within the confines of what previous ADs did, which was hire a former lady vol and if not that hire a women regardless of skill? I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

I said 2 years ago she wasn't going to make it. I said last year she wasn't going to make it. When you know a coach isn't going to cut it, how long before you move on? That's been a problem in the past, keeping coaches too long all while the program goes deeper and deeper into a hole that's hard to get out of. Problem is, will AD white have the intestinal fortitude to hire a the best coach he can find or is he going to work within the confines of what previous ADs did, which was hire a former lady vol and if not that hire a women regardless of skill? I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Most likely not going to meet DW’s Strat Plan objective of each program winning a Conference Title once every 5yrs. Will be interesting to see if he demands changes within CKH’s program or decides to move on. I would really enjoy reading a Coach Barnes peer review of the program to include in game coaching evaluations.

The shine is off the program, but he always has a choice. He's going to have vocal support-- and vocal opposition-- either way. Women's programs at UT are a political minefield. In some ways, issues have escalated with NIL, the portal and the success of UT men's programs. DW is a much stronger AD than those before him, but nobody's excited to open a can of worms.

But he's going to have to fix the women's programs if they can't fix themselves. Softball might be able to get back on track this year. Karen seems to have addressed major issues head-on. Theoretically, WBB could take a redemptive turn, as well. And I'm sure nobody is hoping for that more fervently than the AD and Chancellor.
Imo, they never should've gone away from the women's athletic department. That was a positive for women's athletics and the progression of women in sports management. It staffed an entire office totally dedicated to women's sports - rather than one huge department primarily focused on the cash cows.

If we want to get real squirrelly, having a Head AD who's also in charge of MBB, FB, and BB, a Women's AD for WBB, SB, Soc, VB, then an Olympic Sports AD would be something. Idk if they already have associate ADs in those roles or not, but I'm talking about hiring and firing privileges. Instead what those 'lesser' sports sometimes get is a subpar coach and staff with a long leash because "as long as you aren't a total dumpster fire and your athletes are staying out of trouble I don't care if you lose or win." Plus those ADs could work on adding more sports. Because Danny White sure isn't thinking about that (neither are most fans, but it still irks me the lack of sports the SEC competes in compared to other leagues).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back