Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been slow to start looking at next year's recruits. Tend to focus on one class at a time. But I guess it's time to start paying attention to the '24 guys. Hopefully this year's success makes for a great class.

The shine is off the program, but he always has a choice. He's going to have vocal support-- and vocal opposition-- either way. Women's programs at UT are a political minefield. In some ways, issues have escalated with NIL, the portal and the success of UT men's programs. DW is a much stronger AD than those before him, but nobody's excited to open a can of worms.

But he's going to have to fix the women's programs if they can't fix themselves. Softball might be able to get back on track this year. Karen seems to have addressed major issues head-on. Theoretically, WBB could take a redemptive turn, as well. And I'm sure nobody is hoping for that more fervently than the AD and Chancellor.
All of the NIL money, portal movement, tv money, and general excitement in the men’s premier programs…

Has it all exposed raw nerves in Lady Vol land?

UTAD asks the HCs every year what they need to be successful... then provides the resources they need. The first step is admitting she needs help she doesn't already have... then getting it and using it to best advantage.
Ahhhh…. That does not sound good.

Reactions: HeadVol77
UTAD asks the HCs every year what they need to be successful... then provides the resources they need. The first step is admitting she needs help she doesn't already have... then getting it and using it to best advantage.

Maybe this would help?

70e37fbb-ee4a-429c-9459-61a72b793614_1.972aad7fd158825b87e0044af5e2c005.jpeg

Why does UT not want to make a decision “right now”?

Is there a benefit to extending this out? I don’t follow.

Because LV sports are very political at UT, and many believe she can turn it around and has earned the opportunity to do so. And Kellie is a former player who won three NCs, played for Pat, is beloved in the community and has a large, loud contingent of backers. The minute you talk about replacing her, there are battle lines drawn. So many sensitive issues to address, including diversity and LV legacy, and different opinions on who to hire. Many think some issues shouldn't be issues, but they are.

I agree with you. Kicking the can is an avoidance strategy. The time to make a change is when you no longer believe someone can get something done when given the resources needed to do it. Letting them fall shorter and shorter of expectations is hole digging. It isn't productive or rewarding for anyone.

year 1 & 2 she had Lacey Goldwire and Jennifer Sullivan, year 3 replaces them with Samantha Williams and Joy McCorvey and nothing has improved.

The only constants have been KJH and her Husband Jon Harper. So at this point just doesn't seem like she's the coach to return the program to championships. I think it was a bad hire by Fulmer that he was pressured into. Cause KJH was never above 60% at any previous stop and that's playing in 2 lesser conferences.

in year 5 you should be losing 12 games at Western Carolina
in year 4 at NC State you shouldn't be finishing at 500 with 17 losses
at Missouri State she never had a season with less than 10 losses and had 3 seasons where she failed to even win 20 games there.

I do believe last season was her peak and things are about to enter a nose dive from there.

year 1 & 2 she had Lacey Goldwire and Jennifer Sullivan, year 3 replaces them with Samantha Williams and Joy McCorvey and nothing has improved.

The only constants have been KJH and her Husband Jon Harper. So at this point just doesn't seem like she's the coach to return the program to championships. I think it was a bad hire by Fulmer that he was pressured into. Cause KJH was never above 60% at any previous stop and that's playing in 2 lesser conferences.

in year 5 you should be losing 12 games at Western Carolina
in year 4 at NC State you should be finishing at 500 with 17 losses
at Missouri State she never had a season with less than at least 10 losses and had 3 seasons where she failed to even win 20 games there.

I do believe last season was her peak and things are about to enter a nose dive from there.
LV Mafia will go after you! They want to stay in mediocrity. Heck may even go below that come next year with no recruits coming in.

Because LV sports are very political at UT, and many believe she can turn it around and has earned the opportunity to do so. And Kellie is a former player who won three NCs, played for Pat, is beloved in the community and has a large, loud contingent of backers. The minute you talk about replacing her, there are battle lines drawn. So many sensitive issues to address, including diversity and LV legacy, and different opinions on who to hire. Many think some issues shouldn't be issues, but they are.
Diversity?

Seems LV’s are pretty rigid in their rejection of Diversity. They won’t let anyone from the outside in…

If DW can’t stand up to LV supporters…. Is he really the guy that we think he is?

Diversity?

Seems LV’s are pretty rigid in their rejection of Diversity. They won’t let anyone from the outside in…

Read that as "no male coaches allowed"

It's frustrating, as a LVs supporter I just want to see O&W in the Elite Eight nearly every year again and whoever the best coach to make that happen while keeping the culture good is the right fit for the job. Male or Female, alumni or not.

The smart strategy imo is for him to pitch exclusively one sided on a start in the rotation and the other two spots later. That’s if he’s starter rather than a reliever, of course. Switching back and forth reduces your availability. Imagine Pedro Martinez filling two fifths of a starting rotation. Would potentially set records unapproachable previously

😘🎉

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back