Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this assessment. But it is rooted in the past. The yesteryear contingent that does this stuff also have ulterior motives - they want privileges including access and accept less than the best to keep them.

The choice is simple. Continue to pretend to honor Pat by hiring her coaching tree while watching the program slowly fall into the Louisiana Tech type ash heap of women's basketball history, but keep the yesteryear contingent happy in the process.

Or go hire the best available and kick it into gear like the men's basketball, football and baseball programs. Winning fixes everything.

There is enough money to do the later. Only a small amount of the yesteryear contingent will walk away despite threats and those who do will be replaced by younger fans. TBA needs to be full again for the LVs. If they stay with the same ole same ole they are just telling everybody they are deemphasizing THE marquee women's sport.

My skin may be blue but my hair isn’t 😁 —- but I’ve been watching the LadyVols since Pat first started coaching and they played games in the gym. I grew up in a neighborhood of almost all boys in east Tennessee and was quite the tomboy. There really was no organized girls sports but I did so love to play. The first time I played on a team of all girls was intramurals at UT. When I saw the Lady Vols and continued to watch them develop into the kind of players and team I thought women’s sports could be capable of —- I was so proud. Pat Head then, Summitt later, was so strong and so sure about what the Lady Vols could be and did become — and women athletes needed her.

Just because no one can be her, doesn’t mean we accept mediocrity. If we want all men’s sports to chase championships, then we should want all women’s sports to chase championships.

I love Kellie J Harper - I loved her fire as a point guard and I love her heart as a coach but unless she is willing to learn (great players and coaches are always learning) then she is as good as she is going to get. We need a coach that will chase championships and will expect the same of players. Coach and players need to have the drive, commitment, work ethic, and “hate to lose” mentality that we desire and appreciate in our men’s coaches and teams.

🧡 Go Vols - all of them. If we’re going to be the everything school, let’s be the Everything School.

Last edited:
You were supposed to fix this!

giphy.gif
She stopped reading my emails.

Reactions: Weezer and Glitch
🧡 Thank you for posting! So many good times on The Strip & good memories - I’d forgotten about the streakers! When I was in college, we didn’t tailgate in parking lots, we walked up and down the Strip before and after games, bands played in parking lots behind the bars and inside, and much beer was consumed…🍻

Edit: the soul of The Strip disappeared a while back - they’re just burying the body now.

Last edited:
When did Butch Jones become the joke of college football?
He went to Alabama as a low paid GA to say FU to Tennessee for the buyout of his contract. What inevitably happened is that he got paraded around by the Alabama football team like a mascot, and came out looking like a complete b****. I believe he thought that he would come out with some Saban shine and land a good gig. He bet wrong. Sadly, if he wasn’t such a narcissist and had managed Tennessee the way Dabo managed Clemson, he might have had been successful with the SEC east ripe for the taking.

Because LV sports are very political at UT, and many believe she can turn it around and has earned the opportunity to do so. And Kellie is a former player who won three NCs, played for Pat, is beloved in the community and has a large, loud contingent of backers. The minute you talk about replacing her, there are battle lines drawn. So many sensitive issues to address, including diversity and LV legacy, and different opinions on who to hire. Many think some issues shouldn't be issues, but they are.

So basically too many chiefs and not enough Indians..I know it’s difficult situation to handle considering all of the opinions out there on which direction they should go when it comes to the lady vols but Danny hasn’t let me down in any way on who thinks fits the job here so I’d definitely let him do his job and trust his pick…unless there’s just some serious big money out there with influence that’s dictating the possible change..I know that’s a tricky situation.we’ve all seen it here first hand with the Haslems

I don't understand why we didnt hire Kara Lawson instead of Kellie. Kara checks all the boxes with a NBA-coaching pedigree. Kellie didn't have a great resume as a college coach. If Tennessee Lady Vol basketball is a top 5 coaching job, it needs to have a top 5 coach.

When we were looking for a coach after holly Kara Lawson was the first name I mentioned.when she was a player here Kara had a defense first mentality.hell of a player

Reactions: SmokinBob
Okay that last part resonates, when I was a student in the 90s (I did my capstone class with Michelle Marceniak) 😂 I remember the LadyVols games being packed and then people would leave when it was time for the men to play.. no joke

Assuming you wasn’t a buzz fan👀🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back