Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you tweak your ankle on the last day of practice then you wouldn't be good to play. Until the gameday injury report is released I'd be cautious of anything said right now by AP or Mack.

I do like Fant working at RB. ESPECIALLY if he is willing and capable of picking up blitzes in the backfield. Wright made a good block on a LB blitz against Akron, but if Fant had made that same block he would have sent that LB into the shadow realm.
I've seen him drop a lot of passes but I don't think I've ever seen him fumble... I like this experiment. Could be a short yardage back and use him in screens. Maybe use him similar to how the Titans used Jonnu Smith

Even freakin Jarret Guarantano(aka Destroyer of Hope) pulled a couple of lucky rabbit games out of his arse.

Luck isn't quantifiable, but we have had tons of mediocre UF dudes over the years have games like that against us. That crazy 🦬💩 is completely out of the coaches hands...along with 🦬💩 refs doing what they always do to us in these big games.

I will believe that random luck and deliberate screw jobs are over when I actually see it happen.

I agree...we are the better team and staff, we could destroy them, but I just won't believe it until I see it.
But when was the last time we had a team this clearly better than Florida? Before the 90's at least.

We haven't had a team look this good going into a game against a Florida team who lost by 10 to KY who didn't even have their top RB and got lucky to beat a team as awful as USF.

USF was down 38 to NOTHING with 2 minutes left in the second quarter against BYU...

They were only up a touchdown with two minutes left in the third against a low level FCS winless Howard team...

This is different.

I think our most important player is Hooker. Tillman may be our best, but we can still get plenty of production from our WR group if Tillman is out. However, we aren’t sure we can say the same thing in a high pressure game with Milton at QB vs Hooker…and I hope we don’t have to find out this week or the rest of the season!
I hope you are correct, but I’m not so sure with how the season has started. Hooker has clearly been relying on Tillman a ton and I’m not certain we have another WR that is ready to step up and be the cornerstone of the passing game for a week or two. Hopefully Bru can step into his role and we can find a third guy to make a difference for a few weeks!

Love the confidence on the board this week. I always have major BVS with FL and won't believe it until I see it. I hate we are coming in to this game without our top WR and our RB's are banged up. I hope what I've read about Richardson is true with him being banged up as well and not as much of a running threat... this will be very key and play into our favor.
Hooker has played well enough to win this season, but the kid has to step up and be sharp and poised right out of the gate--- he can't start tight and jittery like against Pitt... hopefully homefield will help with his nerves.
He has to use the middle of the field on passes, and he's GOT to run a bit in order to keep the D on their toes... He needs to ball out all four quarters and keep the passes LOWER and not overthrow.
Rest him all next week with rehab...
We come out and stay cooler than we usually do and don't make costly mistakes or turnovers, I think we got this even though we won't be a full strength. GBO!

Reactions: VolNash17
In a personal wardrobe, ok. They do not belong on a football field. Out there looking like a Boise St level program
Why care about sock color? I don’t even notice sock or cleat color. Couldn’t tell you if we’ve worn white, black, orange, or purple so far this year. Sock color?

1663691376514.gif

Just win, baby.

But when was the last time we had a team this clearly better than Florida? Before the 90's at least.

We haven't had a team look this good going into a game against a Florida team who lost by 10 to KY who didn't even have their top RB and got lucky to beat a team as awful as USF.

USF was down 38 to NOTHING with 2 minutes left in the second quarter against BYU...

They were only up a touchdown with two minutes left in the third against a low level FCS winless Howard team...

This is different.
Ok

Hooker needs to model his game after the this year's version of Jalen Hurts. I can see a lot of similar skills but Hurts has really grown as a passer and decision maker this year.

Re Hurts, it helps that his receivers are getting ridiculous separation and that he has all day to throw in the pocket. Think I read where his receivers had 4yds separation on targets last night???

Reactions: bignewt
Reading comprehension. Check it out. “Boise st level program”. That does not pertain specifically to Boise St.

Orange socks cheapen the uni
Got to pass through your specific to touch your generality. Reading comprehension is fine.

I've seen him drop a lot of passes but I don't think I've ever seen him fumble... I like this experiment. Could be a short yardage back and use him in screens. Maybe use him similar to how the Titans used Jonnu Smith

Imagine this...Florida sends hard heat down the middle, Fant trucks the guy and catches a middle RB screen for 80 yards!!!

I can get Clemson -7 over Wake Forest. Think that's still wrong?

Wk's scheme works against comparable talent, but it doesn't work against elite athletes/ defenses. Clemson has held them to 30 pts in their last two contests. Pitt made them look pedestrian last year.

This season could be different though.

Tannehill is so underappreciated the ones bitching now just enjoy bitching cause dudes dome all he can.Does he crap the bed come playoffs so far its not been good.We had the #1 or #3 offense in 2020 qnd last year set a record for number of injured players.We had 93 ppl hurt last year ungodly.We managed the #1 seed and went 6-1 against playoff teams.Thatd without the great AJ Brown.He was good I bought the jersey but hurt half the season so blaming him is stupid.

Regular season has never been the issue.Last nite RT was laser accurate when giving time.Oline is everything if they don't do their jobs we can't pass or run or crap.RT takes alot of undeserved flack.I promise once he's gone unless we get a Shroud or Young etc Titans fans are really gonna hate life.

Example we run 1st down 83% of the time so basically defenses know 1st down we running,fans have botched for 2 years over that.So last nite 1st down we fake hand off RT doesn't even have time to set befor hes getting destroyed in the A gap by a rusher.Point is fans have a tendency to over react without seeing the whole picture.

Just my .02, but Tannehill to me is the Patrick Cantlay of the NFL. Really good until it matters.

Reactions: VolNash17

This is different.

I agree but this rivalry is different... it's a head game just as much as it is on the field... and we are down our best WR who happens to be our QB's safety blanket, and have at least 2 RB's not at 100%... I think we win with home field advantage and word that their QB is not 100% mobile and they are gonna miss a player or two on D, but this will be closer than most think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back