Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only alts I've really liked are the black and orange for Halloween. Players and fans fed off that. But for an on-brand look in a rivalry game on national TV, nothing beats a surge of orange and white following Smokey through the T into a stadium checkered with orange and white while the POTS plays and 100K roar at peak decibels.

It's the most iconic brand image in college sports-- tradition and history with modern touches. Nothing like it.
Agree. Nothing against the Smokey's... But gimmie orange and white on the big game.

The alts for USCe last year... Perfect.

But the traditional big game... Be Tennessee.

That’s a Taylor Swift song with a Bon Iver feature. Don’t be trying to mislead the public. Lol
It's a stolen and very tired line: read the book, heard this story, seen this movie, etc., all of which became cliché generations ago. Demonstrates OP's lack of judgement and taste, which is further confirmed in the dumb, age-old clichéd Florida "take." But the take is too boring to discuss.

No, this is NOT a must-win game.

I can't believe we are already laying the foundation to justify criticizing coach for losing this game.

Never mind our history in this game, never mind what he has already accomplished, never mind that we may have an injury problem, never mind that they are a good team whether some want to believe it or not.

Because some have allowed themselves to chaulk this up as a sure win, a blowout even, and want to beat them so badly, if we lose, they're ready to blast away. All because the team doesn't meet their expectation of what should happen.

On the other hand, I'm not surprised at all. Some look for reasons to blast and eagerly wait for the chance to do so. I was hoping it would be different this time.

You shouldn’t be surprised given our history. I won’t be blasting at all, but I will have my doubts creeping in about whether Heupel is “The One” to take us back to prominence if we lose this game. Others calling in to post-game shows will be be less sanguine about it.

After all we’ve been through with Florida over three decades, the guy who beats them is going to seem to this fan base like King Arthur pulling Excalibur from the stone. If we lay an egg on Saturday as countless other Tennessee teams have done, there won’t be hot seat talk, no one will send a moving truck to his house, but I think a lot of the fan base is going to think “nice guy, but we’re still waiting for the true King of England to arrive as the prophets foretold.” He can still overcome it, but it is a huge early opportunity to cement his place in this town.

Well if you tweak your ankle on the last day of practice then you wouldn't be good to play. Until the gameday injury report is released I'd be cautious of anything said right now by AP or Mack.

I do like Fant working at RB. ESPECIALLY if he is willing and capable of picking up blitzes in the backfield. Wright made a good block on a LB blitz against Akron, but if Fant had made that same block he would have sent that LB into the shadow realm.

He said they're available AND ready to practice. At least that's how Ben McKee worded it. To me that suggests they're cleared to practice and play, not just cleared to practice.
Ok. That it suggested.... Doesn't mean that's what he said

You are still free make up whatever you like.😉

I HATE Jimmy Hyams and his BS reporting.

There is a replay, the Akron guy not only grabbed Calloway's facemask but also swung first. No "apparently" to it, you can watch it in HD.
What do you think the definition of "apparently" is? It means, it's obvious it's apparent.

I’m not a Titans fan, but Tannehill has made an AFC Championship game. So……no.
Tannehill is so underappreciated the ones bitching now just enjoy bitching cause dudes dome all he can.Does he crap the bed come playoffs so far its not been good.We had the #1 or #3 offense in 2020 qnd last year set a record for number of injured players.We had 93 ppl hurt last year ungodly.We managed the #1 seed and went 6-1 against playoff teams.Thatd without the great AJ Brown.He was good I bought the jersey but hurt half the season so blaming him is stupid.

Regular season has never been the issue.Last nite RT was laser accurate when giving time.Oline is everything if they don't do their jobs we can't pass or run or crap.RT takes alot of undeserved flack.I promise once he's gone unless we get a Shroud or Young etc Titans fans are really gonna hate life.

Example we run 1st down 83% of the time so basically defenses know 1st down we running,fans have botched for 2 years over that.So last nite 1st down we fake hand off RT doesn't even have time to set befor hes getting destroyed in the A gap by a rusher.Point is fans have a tendency to over react without seeing the whole picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back