Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 2016 was the last time our fans collectively felt like "this is the year", 2012 before that. 2009 our coach talked a lot of smack so our fans did too but we didn't think we were winning the SEC that year. Before that, 2006 was a big bounce back year for us, and 2007 was a wild year for everyone, but our fans haven't done the "every year is our year" thing in a long time.

And I don't think our fanbase is any worse than any other SEC team that gets excited about a new coach, or a team finally coming together.

Even going into this year, were we really doing the "this is our year" thing? I saw most people saying 8 wins +/- 2 wins depending on your individual optimism/negativity.

I’ve always been a we won’t beat the gators until we do kinda guy. But not this time. I’ve been too cautious in my approach to this game hoping to temper expectations and soften the blow of a loss.

not this time. Vols are a better team. We are at home. We have some serious offensive power. Our defense is playing on fire.

We will have the whole nation tuned in.

This coaching staff will have them ready.

I think we absolutely roll and it gets ugly.

45-17 ugly.
When you speak, I tend to listen but I’m still being cautiously optimistic..🤗

I’ve always been a we won’t beat the gators until we do kinda guy. But not this time. I’ve been too cautious in my approach to this game hoping to temper expectations and soften the blow of a loss.

not this time. Vols are a better team. We are at home. We have some serious offensive power. Our defense is playing on fire.

We will have the whole nation tuned in.

This coaching staff will have them ready.

I think we absolutely roll and it gets ugly.

45-17 ugly.

I feel exactly the same way. My BVS keeps telling me not to get my hopes up but if I were just looking at these two teams analytically I'd expect a blow out. We're just a lot better than them.

I feel exactly the same way. My BVS keeps telling me not to get my hopes up but if I were just looking at these two teams analytically I'd expect a blow out. We're just a lot better than them.

I'm absolutely prepared for some stuff to happen that will flood the game thread with "unreal" and "cursed" type comments. It's gonna happen.

Honestly, it's probably a good idea to go into the game expecting at least three of the following: a super costly fumble, a special teams blunder, a pick six, a blown coverage leading to a 70+ yard TD, and an overthrown wide open TD. Just seems like every time we play them, some "unreal" stuff happens.

But I also think we can still brute force our way to victory despite the most head-scratching errors for us and the most fortuitous lucky bounces for the Gators.

Wouldn’t expect CT this weekend
mad-angry.gif

Personally I don't see it. I see another nail biting game alike to Pitt that could go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back