Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be great if we didn't need to put them in. I agree if the are okay dress them out but don't put them in unless it gets desperate. We have a bye after Florida and going into LSU at Death Valley we will need them healthy
Yes sir I suspect we have a fight on our hands until the final whistle.Florida is gonna try to bully us like usual,we just need to give em that smoke out the gate.Do not let them gain any amount of confidence period!With how they have played a 2 or 3 td onslaught early will steal their souls and Neyland will be ferociously loud.

It will be a relentless beating from every aspect.Then you force AR into mistakes and that dude sucks in general.Long as we play our game like we should we won't need Tillman hopefully.These next 3 games are big time and basically will define this season so having all hands on deck is a must.

Reactions: DeusExMachina
Hasn’t seen this posted yet, all the big plays:

They tried to injure Hooker every chance they had.

I can't stop watching that throw by Milton. 60 yards in the air and he didn't even really do a big wind up. Whatever else you say about Milton, that guy has some serious arm strength.

I’ve always been a we won’t beat the gators until we do kinda guy. But not this time. I’ve been too cautious in my approach to this game hoping to temper expectations and soften the blow of a loss.

not this time. Vols are a better team. We are at home. We have some serious offensive power. Our defense is playing on fire.

We will have the whole nation tuned in.

This coaching staff will have them ready.

I think we absolutely roll and it gets ugly.

45-17 ugly.

Gentlemen...Ladies...various and sundry...

I am a long time lurker and only occasional poster, but the current iteration of our beloved Volunteers have coaxed me into making a...statement? Plea? Something. I'll turn 50 years old next month, born and raised in Knoxville, but currently living in Chattanooga. So, I have been here through many changes. I sat on my grandfather's porch and listened to John Ward paint pictures in my mind as Coach Majors led our team to victories. I endured two generations of pessimism, as my dad and granddad would seemingly accept defeat after 7 or 8 minutes of the first quarter were gone and we weren't up 21-0. I lived through the Fulmer years, when we enjoyed much success, including an evening in early January where I not only watched my team secure a national championship, but also gave a certain young lady a first kiss. 22 years later, we're still kissing and it's just as sweet. I've watched us endure the lean years, better left unspoken, where my heart was ripped from my chest more times than I'd care to remember. And here we are. Barely begun into what, I hope, will prove a long and successful run under the leadership of Coach Heupel.

I don't take losses quite as hard as I used to, but some things still remain the same. I hate Florida. Don't get me wrong...I also have strong dislike for Alabama, and Georgia, but I hate Florida. I suppose it's the remnant of those years where the championship of the east lay through them. Often we prevailed, but many times we did not and, each of those times, I'd have to listen to the unbearably smug Coach Spurrier. I hate Florida. As we approach game time next Saturday, I know what will happen. My logical brain, which reassures me that this team is not other teams, just because we've lost in terrific fashion before doesn't mean we will again, and curses do not, in fact, exist, will give way to my BVS shackled heart. It tells me that Richardson, or some heretofore unknown backup will throw for 550 yards, rush for 275, gain 180 return yards, kick 3 FGs (one of 60 yards), and personally set concession sales records. Then, the week after they have shamed us, this powerhouse will fade back into obscurity, never having another decent game.

I don't want to be like this. I want to live in a rational world where we don't crap the bed anytime we play Florida. But the struggle is real. I don't think we have anything to worry about come Saturday, but I've thought that before. I guess we'll see. And that's the thing. We will see...together. I can rest assured that many of you know what I'm talking about. We are a family, of sorts. Often dysfunctional, always irrational, but generally there for one another through good times and bad. So, if we revert to form and, somehow, lose this game, we'll lick our wounds and proceed to cheer for the Volunteers next week. If, as I really expect, we'll go out and execute our game plan and come away with a victory, we'll celebrate, sigh in relief, and proceed to cheer for the Volunteers next week. Either way, I'm glad we're in this together. I'm glad I am southern by birth and a Volunteer by the grace of God. I'm glad that we should finally be able to start a streak of our own. Have I mentioned that I hate Florida?

Tldr

We haven't done a lot with the TEs in the passing game so far. Hopefully we get to see Warren and Fant get hit a little more. Be nice to see them on a little dig route down near the 10yrd line

Reactions: beneVOLence
I’ve always been a we won’t beat the gators until we do kinda guy. But not this time. I’ve been too cautious in my approach to this game hoping to temper expectations and soften the blow of a loss.

not this time. Vols are a better team. We are at home. We have some serious offensive power. Our defense is playing on fire.

45-17 ugly.

We do this to ourselves every year😅🙄 but undefeated until we ain’t ole son🤍🧡 @SpringBokVol

45-17 ugly.

The beauty in it is the Neyland crowd will only get louder on every score that we put more distance on them. Similar to Cal 06

I need some gator hating material - friend of mine is a gator fan and talking trash.

Give me some good stuff to fire back.

45-17 ugly.
EAFCFC51-FFB7-46A3-98A1-880926FDA84C.gif
D99AC1F8-DED3-462F-B699-93FB363AB34C.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back