Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many of these awards have lost their worth in my opinion. A lot of time it's about optics and how the "media" views your brand (e.g. Bama, Ohio St.). For example, Hyatt should hands down be the Biletnikoff winner but we'll see how that turns out.
Yes and should be on every All-American 1st team there is.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Been a long day Vols. Lost a good friend. He fought the good fight but enters into Gods kingdom. And here I am in a hotel room, away from my family, chatting with you strangers. Please pray for my friend Richard. He was a good man with a wonderful perspective and great smile. He has a big family. It gives perspective. Be kind. Appreciate what we have. Bowl games don't matter. Whether the Orange, Sugar, or Cottom. Be thankful. Be happy. Be you. Love you all. Signing off.
I'm sorry for your loss...you're right, these things are silly in the grand scheme.

I have decided that since Ohio State insists upon saying that they are THE [definite singular article] Ohio State University, I will agree with them and henceforth refer to them simply as "Ohio." Since they are the only [singular] state university, there is no possible confusion in simply calling them Ohio.

The BCS computers put us 7th and behind Bama, exact same as:

SP+
CFP Rankings
AP Poll
Coaches (8th here)

There's an overall consensus, hate it as we will. I've yet to see a single poll or consensus of computer analytics have us higher. That said, it's also very close.

I feel no place to complain really after giving up 63 to USCjr. And what a great season regardless. And someone said it would give us a better bowl time, which I'm all for. This NY6 bowl vs that NY6 bowl...I just don't care that much. We're in a frankin' NY6 bowl!!
You act as if all we have to worry about is this year. If only that were the case.

I have decided that since Ohio State insists upon saying that they are THE [definite singular article] Ohio State University, I will agree with them and henceforth refer to them simply as "Ohio." Since they are the only [singular] state university, there is no possible confusion in simply calling them Ohio.
1669832461909.jpeg

Wish I could have seen that one live.
ImperfectGorgeousAfricanfisheagle-max-1mb.gif

Bill Duff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh. America is probably the most arrogant and entitled country when it comes to the world stage. I love her, but it is what it is. And I don't think we should eat and sleep worry about what the world thinks of us, but a bit of humility and self-awareness is generally a good thing.

An underdog latecomer telling the world what to call their favorite sport because we beat a bad team just reeks of everything the world says we are.
It’s friendly banter chill bro

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Me too…back when it was at Fair Park. Most notably the frozen bowl game against Kansas State. I sat in the iced metal stands in my scotchguarded jeans. At Jerry World the cold stays outside.
I was at that game and stayed until the end. There weren't many UT fans in the stands in the 4th quarter. Saw a lot of purple though :):). Very cold in Dallas that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back