Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never complained about our ranking or said Milton was our second coming… just saying why the BCS fell out of favor.

I do think people gave Milton too much **** for the bad throws in a downpour. In limited action, he made throws pretty consistently when the weather was good.
He has a month to prepare and will be likely playing in a closed roof stadium. I'll reserve judgement until then becuase he won't have any excuses. I hope he proves a lot of people wrong, because if he comes out and is the same ole Joe, this off season will be less than stellar. Likewise, if he sets the world on fire, we'll have his Heisman campaign ready to roll by February.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I never complained about our ranking or said Milton was our second coming… just saying why the BCS fell out of favor.

I do think people gave Milton too much **** for the bad throws in a downpour. In limited action, he made throws pretty consistently when the weather was good.
And those throws, even with %s missed, were a huge reason we popped so many long rushing TDs.

I liked Holiday when we got him and really thought he could be similar to Velus Jones Jr. for us...

I think after 3 years (2 with Heupel and staff) he's realized that his skillset isn't quite starter level in the SEC. He'll have 2 years left since his first season was during COVID though. I think he'll be starting at any G5 he wants to go to and some P5 schools as well.

He's a Mississippi kid originally wonder if he ends up at Mississippi State or maybe Memphis?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
SOB:mad:

Peay's best player just entered the portal. I hate this BS!

Sorry Peay! Portal is gonna turn teams like AP into the farm league of football. Sign kids that the big guys don't want, develop said kids, have them ball out........... And then, BOOM! They're gone on to greener pastures. You can't really blame the kids but it will have a huge impact on these smaller programs. They will never have a high rated senior again!

Sorry Peay! Portal is gonna turn teams like AP into the farm league of football. Sign kids that the big guys don't want, develop said kids, have them ball out........... And then, BOOM! They're gone on to greener pastures. You can't really blame the kids but it will have a huge impact on these smaller programs. They will never have a high rated senior again!
Yep...It blows.

He has a month to prepare and will be likely playing in a closed roof stadium. I'll reserve judgement until then becuase he won't have any excuses. I hope he proves a lot of people wrong, because if he comes out and is the same ole Joe, this off season will be less than stellar. Likewise, if he sets the world on fire, we'll have his Heisman campaign ready to roll by February.
One game isn't going to worry me or excite me. He needs to go to a bunch of clinics this off season and practice nonstop. He stands to make many millions of dollars if he can fix his accuracy and touch issues, he's a potential first QB in the draft if he can fix it.

Bring on Tulane or UCF in the Cotton Bowl….

Vintage SEC matchup or CJH reunion tour.
Plus
Easy path to 11 wins
Did we not learn our lesson against SCjr? There is no easy path...the easy path is the whole team playing their absolute best against whoever I'd set in front of them.

I would rather lose in a fun match up than watch Tennessee win the Cotton Bowl.

There are rules for how these bowl games are decided. If they are going to screw us over in the rankings for their precious Alabama, Sankey better help protect us from getting screwed over in bowl selection.
I want to win...winning is fun...losing f'n sucks donkey 💩 through a paper straw 😖

Not seen it...I haven't tracked all his throws, but from what I've seen he seems to be his most accurate with routes across his face where he just has to hit the WR in stride.

Makes sense. Easy to hit the crossing pattern with a laser beam. Long throws with air are harder because earth's gravity is too mild to pull the laser beam down inside the stadium. Maybe on Jupiter...

I honestly don't think we can beat a top 10 team right now with Milton. With Hooker, I'd say bring on anyone and everyone, I want UGA again and I'd feel confident we have a shot. With Milton, they're just going to play man or shallow zone and trust that he'll miss the deep throws, which he probably will most of the time.

And I think the bowls get to decide who they want regardless of committee rankings. I don't think it's a lock like you make it seem. Maybe in the small sample size it's worked that way, but I don't think it has to.

But maybe I'm just apathetic, we squandered our chance at the playoff, so I don't care as much about which non playoff bowl we go to, especially without Hooker.
I think we can beat Clemson, and that it would be a boon to recruiting. I want a go at it. But I have no say, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back