Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapInformalCrab-max-1mb.gif

Turned 43 a couple days ago. Asked my wife for playoff tickets. Glad she bought me a jelly of the month club instead.
well, me and my wife found ourselves w/out the kids Saturday kinda last minute and i put it out there we should drive to Columbia for the game and make a night out of it.......

thank God her best friend who lives in Wilmington, had a funeral here in Charlotte Saturday and they stayed here, so we stayed home to visit.

sucks about the funeral, but silver linings and all....................

I agree that Bama is the biggest competition for Sugar. LSU will lose by 2 scores to UGA in SECCG and the Sugar doesn’t want the local team, they want the fan bases that will come spend money. I know the SEC gets a big say in the bowl matchups but you would have to think that if Milton shows out this weekend that the Sugar bowl could be salivating at a UT fan base coming down to New Orleans and spending a **** load of money. Just look at the fans that showed up to Baton Rouge earlier this year. That game and image of orange overtaking the stadium is fresh in the Sugar bowl boards mind. I could also see them salivating at Bama a bit too though. Bama has been to the Sugar Bowl 3 times in the last decade but not for the last 4 years and 2 of those were playoff games. Who knows. I still think there’s a decent chance of a Sugar Bowl but I think it would have to come down to the Sugar Bowl pushing for us over Bama because we all know Sankey will side with his buddy Saban.
we haven't been to the Sugar Bowl since 1991.

i don't care how Joe Milton looks. if we are a legit qualifier to go, and there's no legit obstacles to going, there's zero financial downside for Tennessee to wind up in New Orleans this year, and at at the end of the day, that's all that'll matter.

and the consolation prize for Bama isn't exactly the Liberty Bowl, it's another NY6 game, so in essence, there's almost no downside for anyone, except some maybe hurt feelings by some fans, somewhere....and we know nobody cares about that. :)

all tings considered, and all that said, as much as i'd like to go to the Sugar Bowl, this year, since NYD is on a sunday, the sugar bowl is played on Saturday, Dec 31, at 11 a.m. CST. the orange bowl is i think Friday night.

so if we had the opportunity to play in the orange bowl against say, Clemson, on that Friday night....sign me up.

Worst game at Neyland: 1986 Army blocked punt in end zone to beat Vols - I was sitting in row1 in end zone
Best game at Neyland: tie between1998 vistory over Florida and 1985 victory over Auburn and Bo Jackson
Best road game: 1985 Sugar Vols over Miami
Worst road game: Dooley’s Music City Bowl fiasco
Best Home: 95 UGA/96 Bama/01 LSU
Worst Road....96 Memphis, 94 Miss St., 01 SEC title game
Worst Home....94 FL, 96 FL
Best Road...90 Cotton bowl, 98 SEC title game, 93 Bama (ended the L streak, just didn't win....lol, but a great game to witness)

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
You guys brine your turkey or inject? I have both bought and ready to roll. Throwing one on the Pitboss in the morning and can’t decide which way to go
Do both, brine over night and then fire him up with some butter and your favorite spices, then smoke him.
I have fried, smoked and baked using this method and everyone seems to like it a lot.......myself.......I don't like turkey that much. Now give me some dressing....(not stuffing, that is an abomination to all things Southern) and I am a happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back