Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
pc-computer.gif

time to log off work for the week and enter a days long brownout, peaks of blackout kept at bay by delicious foods, during which time we will celebrate Hobbs' commitment and a relieving victory over a pesky foe

will-ferrell-old-milwaukee.gif

and then there is this

Asst Coach: "Coach Tucker, when are you gonna split out that $100k bonus amongst the coaches?"

Mel: "Yeah, about that. Remember the bye weekend when nobody could get in touch with me? Yeah... hookers and blow are expensive. So... Happy Thanksgiving!"

That would be me. I was there from 2007-2020. What year did you graduate?
Dorman has the worst campus and facilities in America. Surprised it's still considered safe for people to use. They need to have a fundraiser to get some money to bring that place up to par.

Reactions: Glitch
Do both, brine over night and then fire him up with some butter and your favorite spices, then smoke him.
I have fried, smoked and baked using this method and everyone seems to like it a lot.......myself.......I don't like turkey that much. Now give me some dressing....(not stuffing, that is an abomination to all things Southern) and I am a happy camper.
I'm not a big turkey guy either. But I prefer deep fried injected with Cajun seasonings when I have it. And you are spot on with the dressing . Nothing beats a large, deep pan of old fashion moist cornbread dressing!

So who are the people threatening the Titans OC life???

Like do coaches and athletes sometimes make that crap up?

It's just ridiculous that every time any coach/athlete struggles someone sends a death threat.

Anyone ever met anybody whose done it? Anybody ever admit to sending a death threat over sports?

So who are the people threatening the Titans OC life???

Like do coaches and athletes sometimes make that crap up?

It's just ridiculous that every time any coach/athlete struggles someone sends a death threat.

Anyone ever met anybody whose done it? Anybody ever admit to sending a death threat over sports?
And even if true, which I doubt, and he stated he was in a hurry to get home to his family, why drive 100 mph drunk?

Dorman has the worst campus and facilities in America. Surprised it's still considered safe for people to use. They need to have a fundraiser to get some money to bring that place up to par.
🤣 That district does it right. When we opened the new wing, I was blown away. I taught in smaller districts before going there and it was definitely an eye opener.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enki_Amenra
That's one of the dumber things I've seen in a while. Who are the morons working in the Michigan State Athletics Department? If you pay the full $100K to Mel Tucker, and tell him to then distribute a portion of that money to his assistant coaches Mel Tucker would be taxed on the entire $100K. In addition, since he is the head coach and making the most money, the amount of that tax would be at the highest possible tax rates.

That's one of the dumber things I've seen in a while. Who are the morons working in the Michigan State Athletics Department? If you pay the full $100K to Mel Tucker, and tell him to then distribute a portion of that money to his assistant coaches Mel Tucker would be taxed on the entire $100K. In addition, since he is the head coach and making the most money, the amount of that tax would be at the highest possible tax rates.
The way I read it is that they could have distributed it. Not after Mel Tucker was paid. The AD with input from Mel Tucker could have distributed it.

That info should help him recruit the best assistant coaches, lol. Come work for me... you will obviously make much less than me and if the university throws a bone at me and asks who to give it to I will take all of it! But you will love working for me. Ready to join us?

Reactions: drylo and drvenner
I don’t see France making it past the quarters, maybe semis with some gratuitous matchups in knockout rounds. They’ve just lost so much talent to injuries coming into the WC. Lots of good talent behind those losses too but that was supposed to be a depth play not a reliance on them. With how bad some of these other squads have shown up though maybe they can.

As for US, they can definitely keep up with England but it will take a maturity and efficiency level to win that we haven’t seen from them yet, at least not for a full 90. They can do it though. England could be without Harry Kane too. He has been involved in 25% of Englands goals, whether goal, assist or chance created, since his first cap. Big loss if he can’t go. I’ll be hoping for the upset 🤞🏼
No Kane would be a nice evening out, considering we just HANDED the best Welsh player a goal. Still can't get over that. 😒 Oh well long ways to go.

No game thread. Dropping my prediction here.

Tennessee 44

Andy 17

@nicksjuzunk please save us from the salivating @Glitch

Tennessee 34, Vandy 33

Vandy misses an extra point somewhere along the line and Tennessee skims by to victory. Milton gets tons of yards through the air but struggles to complete a high percentage of passes and turns the ball over 2+ times. A beleaguered, injury laden defense continues to struggle but does just enough to save a victory. We all breathe a collective sigh of relief at our first 10 win regular season in over 20 years.

Random thought and not something I ever thought I’d think, but I’m gonna really miss Princeton Fant next year.

Been so good, and so versatile for us.
What a fun surprise he's been. One of the coolest evolutions of a player I've ever seen.

But not going to cry over the slew of TEs we're about to bring in. For those that think this offense can't be EVEN BETTER...they bout to learn once we get an elite TE and RB in here.

Random thought and not something I ever thought I’d think, but I’m gonna really miss Princeton Fant next year.

Been so good, and so versatile for us.

Yep. True VFL. Stuck through a lot, improved every year. Was highly productive in his final year. Hope he finds a spot in the NFL if he wants it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back