Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured at some point we’d end up on the opposite side of a beat down. The fact it was Rattlecan & Beamer is the most disappointing part.

Heupel & offense gotta find an answer for teams that play cushion to take away deep passes and are willing to play man to generate pressure.

Gotta mix in some quick hitters that don’t require 20 yard lateral passes to happen. Just have an outside WR sprint across the QBs face or run short slants. Something, if a defense is willing to let you dink & dunk underneath then do it.
The cushion thing really drove me nuts. It was like we were handing 1st downs to them like candy to a baby.

Anyone who would stand up for a selfish player like that doesn't need to be on the team. I find it hard to believe the entire defense would be accepting of Banks pouting about his NIL deal. And then go out and lay an egg on purpose as is being suggested here.

What if they want more money too?

Pay them for what? And our coach isn't responsible for them getting paid. If Banks is skipping class and not putting effort in practice because of NIL, then I am glad Hooker confronted him. Every player on the team should back Hooker up on that. Any player who thinks that attitude is ok would be off the team.

Nope, but you have to defend all your players in front of the team. You can never chose sides. If NIL was the issue and Heupel only defended Hooker, that will divide a team. Everyone has different values and everyone values themselves higher than they should. Such is life.

As a CEO, you make choices and choose the guy who provides the value. You can’t tell people what to think, but you get rid of them if they bring others down. Such is life, and immature players can be gone.

We gave up 63 to one of the worst offenses in the country. We could have played walk ons at DB to start and I doubt they give up that much. This was a team who didn’t play for their coach and didn’t trust their DC. I think people are trying to downgrade what happened tonight with excuses. That’s one of the worse coaching jobs I have ever witnessed. I am honestly worried about our locker room after hearing these banks rumors and watching our game. This team seems to sent a message to Heupel IMO
It's been building all year. That dam was going to break. We almost made it this entire season with bandaids and duct tape. Less the good talent and inept coaching. The dam broke tonight.

Tim banks and Willie Martinez are piles of crap
200w.gif

Anyone who would stand up for a selfish player like that doesn't need to be on the team. I find it hard to believe the entire defense would be accepting of Banks pouting about his NIL deal. And then go out and lay an egg on purpose as is being suggested here.
Everyone has a side and teammates will always have their friends back no matter who is right or wrong. If many players on defense side with banks (he is very well liked) then you have to address it before it leaks to everyone.

I can’t believe we lost this game in our own locker room.

I didn’t think we had a culture issue.

But it seems like Heupel has his hands full now.

Welcome to Rocky Top!
Not that surprising considering hes still working with mostly Pruitt players. Banks has always been an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back