Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
what if he was just sick.
Then he would just be sick and not have these rumors floating around.

From several creditable posters from other boards; he wanted more NIL money, didn’t show up to practice, Hendon confronted him about it and a heated discussion occurred leading to him not making the trip on his own. I think that has created division within the locker room causing the team to look so flat.

We gave up 63 to one of the worst offenses in the country. We could have played walk ons at DB to start and I doubt they give up that much. This was a team who didn’t play for their coach and didn’t trust their DC. I think people are trying to downgrade what happened tonight with excuses. That’s one of the worse coaching jobs I have ever witnessed. I am honestly worried about our locker room after hearing these banks rumors and watching our game. This team seems to sent a message to Heupel IMO

If this team is that petty with this on the line they need to GTFO.

We gave up 63 to one of the worst offenses in the country. We could have played walk ons at DB to start and I doubt they give up that much. This was a team who didn’t play for their coach and didn’t trust their DC. I think people are trying to downgrade what happened tonight with excuses. That’s one of the worse coaching jobs I have ever witnessed. I am honestly worried about our locker room after hearing these banks rumors and watching our game. This team seems to sent a message to Heupel IMO
These kids are a bunch of bums if they give up with a playoff berth on the line. Why is it always us. I guess I’ll give it a couple more seasons if Heupel fires banks pathetic arse. If we don’t make a playoff in a couple years then I’ve just got to stop partaking in college football because we are forever cursed

I don't understand, what is the message they are supposedly sending?

Reactions: berryvol
I think there’s more fire to the Banks ordeal than what’s known. The same defense that had a walk-on CB stopped Alabama yet let Rattler spin it like that & the same Defense that has pressured a QB more than 10 times a game had 3 tonight with one sack against the worst offensive lines in the Conference. It’s a known fact that our defense is trash but not give up 60 to a absolutely abyssal offense.
Makes sense. Just seemed D took the night off for some reason.

Reactions: thistime
These kids are a bunch of bums if they give up with a playoff berth on the line. Why is it always us. I guess I’ll give it a couple more seasons if Heupel fires banks pathetic arse. If we don’t make a playoff in a couple years then I’ve just got to stop partaking in college football because we are forever cursed
This

I will say, there may be something to most of the defensive players, noticeably Flowers and Mitchell, sitting on the bench looking like they could care less after several of our touchdowns while most of the team was around our offense celebrating

Reactions: berryvol
Here's what players need to know about NIL. If you're not happy with your NIL deal, then get out on the FB field and DO something to earn a better one. If you play like ass, your name, image, and likeness aren't worth a damn. That's life. I'm sure at least some on the defense are jealous of guys on the offense getting NIL. But our offense has been really good, and our defense has been mostly ass. PLAY BETTER IF YOU WANT MORE MONEY! It really is a simple concept.
This was bound to happen with NIL. Many speculated that NIL would create issues in the locker room. It's going to take awhile before things settle out. If this is an offense vs defense thing then that goes back to a weak position coaches and the DC and to the head coach. I sincerely hope this isn't true. If it is, it will implode.

Collins
Arnett

We could get one.
Looking at arnett….. before tonight’s game…. We were giving up less points than them….They gave up 31 to LSU…. 33 to Auburn…. 45 to Georgia… I bet their talent is as good or better than ours…. It could just as easily be like bringing in Bob Shoop and the defense gets worse. They did hold Alabama lower but of course Alabama wasn’t worried about running up points when Mississippi state could only score 6 points.

You think it’s Heupel’s fault that some players make more than others with NIL?
Nope, but you have to defend all your players in front of the team. You can never chose sides. If NIL was the issue and Heupel only defended Hooker, that will divide a team. Everyone has different values and everyone values themselves higher than they should. Such is life.

I don’t know what happened out there either. Something was obviously amiss. How we respond next week and the bowl game will say a lot about whether this was a fluke anomaly or if our trajectory isn’t as promising as initial returns suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back