Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
If something happened this week with Banks and the players on defense sided with Banks and our head coach didn’t stick up for both players and only stick up for one, then I am not shocked by our play on that side of the ball. It would actually make perfect sense. Defensive players with a big FU to Heupel if that is the case and a big red flag for our future. All speculation before anyone freaks, but that performance screamed of players being unhappy.
It does somewhat. Dudes were out there loose AF

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
If something happened this week with Banks and the players on defense sided with Banks and our head coach didn’t stick up for both players and only stick up for one, then I am not shocked by our play on that side of the ball. It would actually make perfect sense. Defensive players with a big FU to Heupel if that is the case and a big red flag for our future. All speculation before anyone freaks, but that performance screamed of players being unhappy.

This all day.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Offense has carried a very bad defense all year. A few mistakes, stalled drives, and they couldn't carry a D that couldn't stop any of our grandmas. There's no excuse for the defense to have played as bad as they did and if it was something like petty jealousy that makes it even worse. Rattler was on fire, to his credit, but the D played beyond awful.

Here's what players need to know about NIL. If you're not happy with your NIL deal, then get out on the FB field and DO something to earn a better one. If you play like ass, your name, image, and likeness aren't worth a damn. That's life. I'm sure at least some on the defense are jealous of guys on the offense getting NIL. But our offense has been really good, and our defense has been mostly ass. PLAY BETTER IF YOU WANT MORE MONEY! It really is a simple concept.
Or maybe don’t get arrested for threatening a cop like a cross faded ******* and you’ll be more marketable

T Banks and W Martinez should never step foot back on our sideline. Any competent DC and DB coach would put their players in better positions. This is not about not enough talent. There are coaches all across football gets the best out of what players they have but yet not these 2. Its on them.
Our offense plays alot better when it was Bru , Hyatt and Keyton. Nothing against Tillman but when he plays Hooker locks in on him and forgets about the ones running open. I said awhile back that this D was going to cost us a game when it mattered , just did not think it would be SC.

True
But banks has been a problem since he’s been here and should be greatful he’s even still a student at Tennessee
**** him if he’s unhappy about nil
Hooker has done more in two years here then banks has his whole career

Reactions: IH8TheHaslams
Here's what players need to know about NIL. If you're not happy with your NIL deal, then get out on the FB field and DO something to earn a better one. If you play like ass, your name, image, and likeness aren't worth a damn. That's life. I'm sure at least some on the defense are jealous of guys on the offense getting NIL. But our offense has been really good, and our defense has been mostly ass. PLAY BETTER IF YOU WANT MORE MONEY! It really is a simple concept.
Its not quite that simple. Some positions are going to demand more than others. Guys are going to have to understand that and be ok with a QB getting a mil, and them getting 200k.

Getting 63 points scored against you does cause you to react. To you in your opinion we are all over reacting and I respect your opinion. The DL has looked good for most the year but the secondary has been bad except for one game that's UK. I'm over the game cause I really had to learn as a young fan that this is for my entertainment but I'm not going to let this game control or ruin my day. Life is to short. We do agree about one thing. It is Hype's decision. He has to look at all of it and he has to make the decision if Banks and WM stays or not.
Some think it is coaching…. I tend to think it is talent…. We don’t have any front line starters in the secondary, imo…. One could argue that we should have brought in more talent but I feel like they have done the best they can with the toxic environment they took over and facing an ncaa investigation…. This next class has some really nice pieces coming in for the defense and I feel the 24 class will be even better.

I mean… talk about just taking royal dump when the CFP was essentially going to be gifted to you.

Just no words. Completely inexcusable to not have this team ready. It was a good season. Knowing what could have been if we would have taken care of business I can now say this season was decent.

Nothing really to show for this season. Recruiting for ‘23. Meh. We’re getting out-recruited by Sun Belt Billy who just lost to Vandy.

For those that want to even remotely consider to keep Martinez AND Banks. You need to have your head examined. You might have suffered a seizure then stroke watching that game tonight.

True
But banks has been a problem since he’s been here and should be greatful he’s even still a student at Tennessee
**** him if he’s unhappy about nil
Hooker has done more in two years here then banks has his whole career
Did you watch tonight? Banks is our only
Linebacker and heart of our defense. Without him, we don’t win against Bama or Pitt.

Anyone who says Heupel is ahead of schedule, you just got dominated by Beamer

And I’m not saying fire him. Definitely Banks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back