Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banks and Hooker got into it and Heupel took Hooker's side I guess. Now that the story is out there, this should be a really fun week of tearing the program apart
sht.

I've been worried about what was going on with Banks all night. AP said, "maybe an elbow," which is a bizarre comment.

Reactions: UTProf

I 1000% agree with this

Just like Heupel told the team they should enjoy the big wins, they need to soak in the pain from this one for a bit

Sounds like a bit of a cop out. 22 point favorite on a chance to go to the playoffs and can’t get his team focused or motivated. Red flag

I think most of it is a talent issue. I hate saying that because I love this team but our secondary just doesn't have much talent.
We gave up 63 to one of the worst offenses in the country. We could have played walk ons at DB to start and I doubt they give up that much. This was a team who didn’t play for their coach and didn’t trust their DC. I think people are trying to downgrade what happened tonight with excuses. That’s one of the worse coaching jobs I have ever witnessed. I am honestly worried about our locker room after hearing these banks rumors and watching our game. This team seems to sent a message to Heupel IMO

If something happened this week with Banks and the players on defense sided with Banks and our head coach didn’t stick up for both players and only stick up for one, then I am not shocked by our play on that side of the ball. It would actually make perfect sense. Defensive players with a big FU to Heupel if that is the case and a big red flag for our future. All speculation before anyone freaks, but that performance screamed of players being unhappy.
That's scary to think about.

Figured at some point we’d end up on the opposite side of a beat down. The fact it was Rattlecan & Beamer is the most disappointing part.

Heupel & offense gotta find an answer for teams that play cushion to take away deep passes and are willing to play man to generate pressure.

Gotta mix in some quick hitters that don’t require 20 yard lateral passes to happen. Just have an outside WR sprint across the QBs face or run short slants. Something, if a defense is willing to let you dink & dunk underneath then do it.

Sounds like a bit of a cop out. 22 point favorite on a chance to go to the playoffs and can’t get his team focused or motivated. Red flag
I’m more optimistic I guess. I think Heupel is a pretty straightforward guy and I think he’s very competitive. I think (know) he’s more pissed about this night than we could ever be. I think he’s going to have to make tough decisions, and I’m confident he will. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this time. Wait and see..

Well, I’ve flushed the loss emotionally like I’ve learned how to do as a Vol fan, but I can’t get over just how bad that was.

I’m not typically a fire the coaches guy, but Banks needs to be put on notice. We played well enough on offense to win. Where was the defense?
No excuses. It’s a fireable performance tonight. This is the worst defensive performance possibly ever.

We gave up 63 to one of the worst offenses in the country. We could have played walk ons at DB to start and I doubt they give up that much. This was a team who didn’t play for their coach and didn’t trust their DC. I think people are trying to downgrade what happened tonight with excuses. That’s one of the worse coaching jobs I have ever witnessed. I am honestly worried about our locker room after hearing these banks rumors and watching our game. This team seems to sent a message to Heupel IMO
You think it’s Heupel’s fault that some players make more than others with NIL?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
It’s not just on Banks, it’s not just on Martinez. It’s not the ref missed calls. It’s on the whole squad, HC down to the backups. The other team punked us from the start (just like GA) and we couldn’t answer. We had a game plan but when they came out and we’re aggressive with us, we faltered. We don’t like getting hit in the mouth.

If something happened this week with Banks and the players on defense sided with Banks and our head coach didn’t stick up for both players and only stick up for one, then I am not shocked by our play on that side of the ball. It would actually make perfect sense. Defensive players with a big FU to Heupel if that is the case and a big red flag for our future. All speculation before anyone freaks, but that performance screamed of players being unhappy.
I put it on Tim Banks. He's the leader of the defense. It's on him to motivate his unit. If they're pissed off, focus that anger ONTO the field. It wasn't Heupel they gave an FU to tonight. It was the fans, and even more so themselves. NFL won't be interested in petty bitches that play like they did tonight. And a couple of our DL have potential NFL futures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back