Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust Heup 100%. I think he's a great offensive mind. The big question is, does he have the will and the balls to make the tough calls in the offseason.
This right here is where Heup will either gain respect or lose respect. He has to put business over friendships and hurt feelings. At the end of the day it all comes down to if they are worth putting his job on the line for. Banks was hired because the players wanted a minority as a DC and that is why it took so long to hire one. Banks nor Martinez should have a job after this year.

I may have missed it but what is the basis for the Banks rumors?

Why are we taking about it like it's real or true?
People are stupid. Someone posted a rumor without any justification or reason to believe it. However, some people are running with it. You know, guilty until proven innocent.

I will give Beamer credit, when facing the worst passing defense in the country you should throw as often as possible. The fact the officials refused to call them for holding just gave Rattlecan more time to find open WRs.

Even without the defense “quitting” they still would have gotten lit up probably. And if they think having one of the worst defenses performances in UT history when playing for REAL money by getting in the CFP is gonna get them more NIL money they are idiots.

I doubt it was the whole defense, Beasley and McDonald didn’t play like they quit. But even a handful of bad apples could ruin the bunch.
I've said all year, one would be certifiably stupid to run on us much at all. I'd throw it 60 times a game regardless of down and distance. 3rd and 25, you're likely to get it.

I played college sports and I’m telling you how it is. I have all my teammates backs no matter what. But if someone punches my best friend on the team, I’m in a fight too and I’m asking after what happened. You will always have others backs that you are closer with. If a coach disciplines one player or coddles one player more than others, the team figures it out and will get mad. Doesn’t mean you don’t want to win, it just means you don’t care as much if you lose.

I don’t ****ing care who played what. I may not have played college, but I played on many teams.

You play as a ****ing team. And the defense is the worst unit so they should have some pride
whatever happens.

Immaturity…let’s not sugar coat it and call it like it is.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Losing to inferior opponents is the problem. There’s no good spin. I don’t even want to hear the words Sugar Bowl right now. Maybe I’ll appreciate the season later but at this moment it feels like we wasted an amazing opportunity.
They weren’t inferior today. Beat us in every phase of the game. Sucks that in previous seasons delusional SC fans griped that we had inferior talent but ran them off the field…and now we have to live with that billboard for a calendar year. Earned.

I don’t ****ing care who played what. I may not have played college, but I played on many teams.

You play as a ****ing team. And the defense is the worst unit so they should have some pride
whatever happens.

Immaturity…let’s not sugar coat it and call it like it is.
This speaks to a weak position coach and a weak DC. Hooker should have never had to confront Banks. His position coach and DC should have been all up in that backside.

Sadly I don’t even believe the internal locker room BS, because our local sports media has been a clickbait rumor mill since Kiffin left in the middle of the night.

USC isn’t a bad team, just as much talent as our squad. They were playing for everything in a home game.

We’re 2-2 on the road, and the only game we played really well in on both sides of the ball was at LSU. It’s easy to blame it on some random BS rumor about NIL and the fact Banks sat out fuels the fire. But there are 85 players on that team, and they just got a taste of what they’ve been doing all season. Focus and don’t let it happen again, you have 2 games left and some of you won’t get another chance to play after college.

I have been adamant that there were talent issues across multiple position groups on defense and those issues were driving our struggles. I still believe we have major talent issues on defense; however, you can't give up 63 to SC. Rattler had 8 passing TDs on the season, he had 6 tonight. We have bad defensive talent, but not give up 63 to SC level bad. The offense wasn't great either tonight. But, the defense needs to start over.

Still, the best season of my lifetime and I have enjoyed being a fan of a nationally relevant team. However, when I think of this season, I will always think of the Bama and SC games. I was looking forward to going to my first TN game next weekend, but I am dreading going now. As always, go vols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back