Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansas has a better resumé than Tennessee or Kentucky?

Not trashing on Kansas at all but c'mon...

Kansas got an impressive win on the road in Morgantown. Not easy to do, but Pitt beat West Virginia and we beat a ranked Pitt in their house.

Beating Houston on the road isn't a cakewalk, but it's not THAT impressive. It's not more impressive than Kentucky beating Florida in the Swamp.

Vols have 2 ranked wins. Kentucky has 1. Kansas has 0.

Kansas's resumé is probably better than Kentucky's because UK has squeaked by 2 cupcakes and beat a 3rd. But none of Kansas's wins are better than UK's Florida win. Yes, Duke was undefeated... but its Duke.

Last edited:
Kansas has a better resumé than Tennessee or Kentucky?

Not trashing on Kansas at all but c'mon...

Kansas got an impressive win on the road in Morgantown. Not easy to do, but Pitt beat West Virginia and we beat a ranked Pitt in their house.

Beating Houston on the road isn't a cakewalk, but it's not THAT impressive. It's not more impressive than Kentucky beating Florida in the Swamp.

Vols have 2 ranked wins. Kentucky has 1. Kansas has 0.

Kansas's resumé is probably better than Kentucky's because UL has squeaked by 2 cupcakes and beat a 3rd. But none of Kansas's wins are better than UK's Florida win. Yes, Duke was undefeated... but its Duke.
Dude is just blatantly stirring the pot for attention. Sad.

This is really not true...when you get away from the coastal urban areas and Orlando/Ocala, the native Florida crackers are just as redneck as the rest of us with thick southern accents.
Nailed it. Some good folk down there. Still hardcore ranching families going back to the Spanish ownership.

Poor Lane lol.

You're literally coaching in a town with 27,000 people lol. Oxford has a METRO AREA of only 55k ffs...

Knoxville has a metro area pop of nearly 900k.

I don't even know how that place fills their stadium halfway. That place will always be a tease for him vs UT or USC...

Heupel is a hugger. I like huggers.
Explains your choice in beachwear....

a70ca1fb6357df4deec0bae21401d8dc.jpg

Let me start by saying John Adams is an idiot and I have no clue how he actually gets paid for the article he writes. Has anyone read his recent article about the sound system in Neyland? He quotes people who have written to him saying the sound system is way too loud and the flashing lights are too much. One of them said described it as being at a rock concert. Maybe there are some here on VN that feel that way but I feel that's what makes us special. If they want a more subtle game day experience maybe try becoming a Vandy fan. My argument would be that's probably one of the reasons they historically have very bad attendance (although they also stink).

But seriously are there a lot of people out there that feel this way? My biggest complaint about the gameday experience in Neyland has to do with the non-existent wifi and the terrible phone service due to the number of people. Every survey I get from UT I try to remind them that's it's 2022 and there is no reason for us to be lacking in this department.

Maybe it just rubbed me the wrong way. Can't wait until Adams and Kesling retire.
Well, @InVOLuntary and @Orangeredblooded are two of the original blue hairs, so they probably don't like it. In fact, they probably both wrote letters to Adams. For me, at Game Day, the louder the better.

Hmm really? My experiences have been Gainesville, Destin, Orlando, Tampa, and Miami 😂. Oh, and the Keys…Solidly Yankee lol. Never ventured out in the sticks of Florida.. who knows what’s out there? Lol.. maybe they all moved inland to escape the Northern invasion.. kind of like those of us in middle tenn moving to the outskirts now?
My experience is Yankees love big cities and Southerners love their space.

I like Heupel's comment on an early play. Something like "you have to tackle the person, not the ball". On one particular play, Hadden tried to strip the ball twice but the receiver walked right in to the end zone.
Unless you go in with balled fists. I did resepct how that UF defender knocked it from Fant. That's the way to go IF you're going for the fumble. Worst case, you miss the ball and punch the player, which afaik isn't even a penalty if you're going for the ball lmao.

Reactions: Brillovol
On the drive back Sunday as we were getting close to home I asked my wife if she'd pull it up from right before the onside kick so I could listen to the end. I was shaking as though I thought this time Florida might score or something.
It appears we finally got over the hump of winning this kind of game. This game should have been at least a two score win for us. We're learning though and that makes future games a little easier.

one of mine is when ball carriers get wrapped up, but won't go down and the 2nd or 3rd guy punches the ball out, a la Fant's fumble in the 1st qtr. all i can think of is my mom screaming at the TV "just go down, just go down!!!" lol
Using 2 hands would be a good start too haha. If Fant had his other arm wrapped around it, he likely protects it. No reason to be running through traffic and trailing defenders and not have 2 hands on it. You're a big TE...you're not outrunning these guys. At best curl around the ball and be a bowling ball. At worst, just go down.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back