Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heupel really seems to be flourishing on the big stage.
I know it doesn’t always work out this way but I believe that Heupel’s playing days are of a huge benefit for him. He seems very confident and he knows what it takes to win at the highest level bc he did it as a player. .

I don’t think Lane Kiffin, Derek Dooley, Butch Jones, or Jeremy Pruitt played college football at the level that Heupel did (Heisman runner-up on a National Championship team). That’s the biggest of the big stages as far as college football goes.

We routinely saw Kiffin, Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt either wilt in the face of that spotlight, or not show up at all.

It doesn’t seem to phase Heupel and I would have to guess that has MAJOR carryover to the attitude and effectiveness of the team.

I don’t think Lane Kiffin, Derek Dooley, Butch Jones, or Jeremy Pruitt played college football at the level that Heupel did (Heisman runner-up on a National Championship team). That’s the biggest of the big stages as far as college football goes.

We routinely saw Kiffin, Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt either wilt in the face of that spotlight, or not show up at all.

It doesn’t seem to phase Heupel and I would have to guess that has MAJOR carryover to the attitude and effectiveness of the team.

Big difference too in being the starting QB on a National Championship team and a backup DB on a team like Pruitt was. Gump didn't even play in every game while at Bama.

I know this seems random, but I think Kiffin would be smart to jump to Nebraska if offered. That's a loyal fanbase and if he can get them back to a ranked team they would come close to loving him as much as his own ego does.

But would he want to live in freaking Lincoln, Nebraska? I feel like he hates being in Oxford already, but you're not wrong that if he had Nebraska playing at the same level he's got Ole Miss at they wouldn't be leaving the games early.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
My guy Heup needs to go into the medical tent. That dude coughs more than anyone I've ever seen. Is he a smoker?
Could also be a mild case of acid reflux. It gives me a slight cough just like that when it’s flaring. With the stress he deals with (he’s calm as a cucumber) y’all know it goes somewhere.

But would he want to live in freaking Lincoln, Nebraska? I feel like he hates being in Oxford already, but you're not wrong that if he had Nebraska playing at the same level he's got Ole Miss at they wouldn't be leaving the games early.
I think he knows what the ceiling is, and knows he's at or pretty close to it. This could be a bit of a hot take but I think Nebraska has a higher ceiling.

This is really not true...when you get away from the coastal urban areas and Orlando/Ocala, the native Florida crackers are just as redneck as the rest of us with thick southern accents.
Hmm really? My experiences have been Gainesville, Destin, Orlando, Tampa, and Miami 😂. Oh, and the Keys…Solidly Yankee lol. Never ventured out in the sticks of Florida.. who knows what’s out there? Lol.. maybe they all moved inland to escape the Northern invasion.. kind of like those of us in middle tenn moving to the outskirts now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back