Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
With injury plagued, undersized, underdeveloped linemen working on their 3rd or 4th set of schemes.
Not Will F or bust, but open minded given the circumstances.

Still can't believe we pulled in the class we did with all of our NFL drafted lineman as a sales pitch.

I just happened to have a graphic for illustrative purposes. Surprised?

Last year most of our guys we had been counting on coming out of fall camp had to miss playing time/games at some point due to injuries or health issues. As you note, we were also starting out undersized with many of our guys. We were also relatively young and learning a new system. I can't imagine we won't be better this year with improved health, increased talent, increased size, more depth, and more experience. The only issue might be the youth of our 2 starting tackles which given their talent level I expect them to grow up pretty quick. jmo.

ScreenHunter 137.png
Pink highlight = health or injury issues, Red font = medically retired or transferred

Last edited:
If we get that 7 footer and grant back combined with josiah james... i likey

I agree,but at the same time I feel like we will also need a legit shooting threat from outside the perimeter.inside paint presences was just one of two issues not regarding Grant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catbone
If he doesn't pack it in after his visits to the FF. Let's just say many have expressed their displeasure with his "wordy" articles and the thought of paying for anything.

He should visit over here on occasion.
I would say that people are gonna be mad at you but you typed words with multiple syllables, so you don't have anything to worry about.

Reactions: chargervol
I agree,but at the same time I feel like we will also need a legit shooting threat from outside the perimeter.inside paint presences was just one of two issues not regarding Grant.

Bowden and Turner are still there. Only lost Bone, who was inconsistent from outside.

His stuff is a lot of the reason I turned my auto renew on there. Really good

Same here. Ubben gets it and is not afraid to call out what he sees. His analysis of the action in each position group with actual video and illustration is particularly well done. He brings more depth of experience than the local yokels.

I found the same to be true with their writers of several sports/favorite teams. Cut above anything else in the media and they have the ear of the people inside each team/program.

Same here. Ubben gets it and is not afraid to call out what he sees. His analysis of the action in each position group with actual video and illustration is particularly well done. He brings more depth of experience than the local yokels.

I found the same to be true with their writers of several sports/favorite teams. Cut above anything else in the media and they have the ear of the people inside each team/program.
Yeah I read stuff about other teams there too cause it's all good content.

He had a lot of work to do in less then one year. It was like 6 months. Can’t really blame him for that. (Feel like people forget that fact)

People are welcome to their opinions, I'm simply explaining why he gets the heat he gets. It was/is the worst unit on the team last year and he coaches it. *shrug*

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Bowden and Turner are still there. Only lost Bone, who was inconsistent from outside.
Rob Lewis made a comment in the chat Monday night on VQ that Josiah James is a better PG today than Jordan Bone and that Turner was just as good or better by the end of the season. He said the PG that picked VT over UT did so because of playing time. He'll be starting at VT and was being brought in for depth at UT. Said that Turner and James will handle PG role just fine.

Rob Lewis made a comment in the chat Monday night on VQ that Josiah James is a better PG today than Jordan Bone and that Turner was just as good or better by the end of the season. He said the PG that picked VT over UT did so because of playing time. He'll be starting at VT and was being brought in for depth at UT. Said that Turner and James will handle PG role just fine.

Agreed, I felt like Cone was a "get a year in the system to RS and learn it" type of guy, not that he needed it or was a project but it was more of a loading for the next season since most think James is a 1 & done.

To me Bone (although a great PG) is less of a loss for next season than Grant would be.

Reactions: Ron Swanson
Agreed, I felt like Cone was a "get a year in the system to RS and learn it" type of guy, not that he needed it or was a project but it was more of a loading for the next season since most think James is a 1 & done.

To me Bone (although a great PG) is less of a loss for next season than Grant would be.
I'm not a basketball expert but I agree, losing Grant is much bigger. Would love to watch him play another season for UT.

Turner was no where near Bone level at the end of the year PG wise. And if James is just as good as Bone then there will be not be a huge drop off like people say there will be

If he doesn't pack it in after his visits to the FF. Let's just say many have expressed their displeasure with his "wordy" articles and the thought of paying for anything.

He should visit over here on occasion.

People will always be unhappy. Atleast he is a true writer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back