Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Lewis made a comment in the chat Monday night on VQ that Josiah James is a better PG today than Jordan Bone and that Turner was just as good or better by the end of the season. He said the PG that picked VT over UT did so because of playing time. He'll be starting at VT and was being brought in for depth at UT. Said that Turner and James will handle PG role just fine.
I still think we'll miss Bone a lot. James does not have the same speed and I will be surprised if he doesn't struggle some on defense.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I still think we'll miss Bone a lot. James does not have the same speed and I will be surprised if he doesn't struggle some on defense.

James' length & size will make him a solid defender out of the gate...especially at the 1 or 2. Plus he's going to have a great coach for teaching defense.

Uh oh Hank. Apparently Gase didn't want Bell and got his GM fired over it. I smell another hold out from Bell since he knows he was unwanted. hahahaha

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Rob Lewis made a comment in the chat Monday night on VQ that Josiah James is a better PG today than Jordan Bone and that Turner was just as good or better by the end of the season. He said the PG that picked VT over UT did so because of playing time. He'll be starting at VT and was being brought in for depth at UT. Said that Turner and James will handle PG role just fine.

That’s great to hear, but I don’t think we can expect James to be a good shooter. Have heard he needs to work on it.

Many of them. Bowden shot better from three than Bone did. Turner was the worst but had a bad stretch of games. However, Turner is the most clutch of the three. What did I say that was incorrect?

Bowden and Turner will play a lot of minutes next season.

If neither Grant or Bone return, they are head and shoulders the two best players on the team. They'll be relied on heavily to carry the scoring load.

James' length & size will make him a solid defender out of the gate...especially at the 1 or 2. Plus he's going to have a great coach for teaching defense.
He will have a great coach. He will likely guard the 2 or the 3. I think there will be a learning curve

I'm hopeful we see Jalen Johnson step up this season, I feel like he's got the potential to be a pretty lethal off the bench instant offense type of guy.

Make no mistake though, there will be a big drop off this year in basketball if Grant & Bone are gone. That's 4 of our top 6 leaving in minutes per game. Turner, Bowden being the only two returning who will have played 12mpg. I think James & ORN are the most likely incoming guys to get minutes in year 1, Gaines and Pember both just don't seem to have enough size on their frames.

So I'm really hoping Jalen, Fulkerson, Burns, and Kent can add some production to the lineup next year.

I'm hopeful we see Jalen Johnson step up this season, I feel like he's got the potential to be a pretty lethal off the bench instant offense type of guy.

Make no mistake though, there will be a big drop off this year in basketball if Grant & Bone are gone. That's 4 of our top 6 leaving in minutes per game. Turner, Bowden being the only two returning who will have played 12mpg. I think James & ORN are the most likely incoming guys to get minutes in year 1, Gaines and Pember both just don't seem to have enough size on their frames.

So I'm really hoping Jalen, Fulkerson, Burns, and Kent can add some production to the lineup next year.
Apparently Kent has been impressing and might have been the reason Walker looked to leave.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I think Kent gets too much hate by the fanbase.

He's got great size and if he can get back to 100% I think he'll be a big time stat pad type guy. May not be pushing double-doubles, but he'll have numbers equal to or better than Fulkerson I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back