Recruiting Forum Football Talk LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stayed at Secret Aura, EL Cozumelino and Occidental Grande in Cozumel. Loved Secrets. El Coz is more budget and north of town but still fun, good for families. Occidental I haven't been to since Bavaro bought them but have heard good things.

Stayed at Majestic at Punta Cana. Was not impressed at all they were constructing an addition while we were there and had to look at it from our room going all hours.

Also stayed at a little resort in Costa Rica that was very nice but not all inclusive. We both got sick, me early on and my wife before we left so that kinda sucked. Beautiful place though, by Manuel Antonio park outside of Quepos.

We did the Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro (spelling my be off) in Punta Cana, it was amazing, did my 30th bday there, awesome and you get access to like 4 other of there lower tiered resorts which are close in proximity, just posting this for what its worth

Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro - UPDATED 2018 Prices & Resort (All-Inclusive) Reviews (Dominican Republic) - TripAdvisor

cracking up at homer ATL radio today...." UGA has the coaching edge monday"... not the guy who has won a ton of titles. So stupid. You have to be kidding me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Is Pruitt interested in Dorian Gerald? I see that Haynesworth is pushing him hard..

Sorry to resurrect the chick FIL a topic, but all you Knoxville people need to go buy the spicy grilled chicken sandwich. I've been begging for it for over a decade, and they're testing it in the Knoxville market. Make sure it does well so the rest of us can enjoy it. Get it on normal bread though, not the wheat stuff.

Reactions: 2 people
We are in no way shape or form built to win 10 games next year. Even if we did have the pieces, it’s still year 1 with a totally new staff/scheme on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: 3 people
We have about as much a chance of winning 10 games as I do winning that $400 million jackpot.

If you count the bowl game, 10 is feasible. Maybe not likely. But possible.

Outside of bama, uga, and auburn , the other 9 regular season games are close to 50/50 (give or take) or better imo. Probably won't win all 9. But it's at least possible with good coaching and some breaks

i think that's a bit too optimistic, and would require a lot of things to fall in to place correctly.

i think more likely we might win a game or two of the WVU, GA, Bama, FL, Aub, and probably lose a game we may not think we should. i'm in that camp he described as the 7/8 win group.

FL and WVU probably the most winnable of that group. and @ USCe feels like a game you could worry about again. of course..it's january. so tifwiw....:peace2:

all that said, if we did beat any of the group of FL, GA, Aub, Bama next year, i think that'd be a really good sign......win more than one...and i think this fan base would be tough to be around for opponents' fans....:)

Not falling for it this time. I'm cautiously coming around to being slightly optimistic on Pruitt, but no way am I expecting more than 6 wins next year.

I'm optimistic long term for sure but next year is going to be tough. I think South Carolina has passed us so we're going to be underdogs in 7 or 8 games. People are setting the bar really high, unfairly I think, because of what Kirby Smart has been able to do. I don't expect 7 wins (10 is comical) next year just as I won't expect a playoff appearance in Year 2.

Kirby, like it or not, may just be a really good coach and Pruitt should not be held to his standard.

I'm optimistic long term for sure but next year is going to be tough. I think South Carolina has passed us so we're going to be underdogs in 7 or 8 games. People are setting the bar really high, unfairly I think, because of what Kirby Smart has been able to do. I don't expect 7 wins (10 is comical) next year just as I won't expect a playoff appearance in Year 2.

Kirby, like it or not, may just be a really good coach and Pruitt should not be held to his standard.

And Kirby studied for a LONG time under the greatest college coach ever. And he walked into a top 5 roster. Pruitt doesn't have either of those things going for him.

Tennessee is going to surprise some people in Pruitt's year 1, IMO. Change of attitude, change of S&C, and actual coaching.

10 wins? I am not counting on that...

Reactions: 1 person
And Kirby studied for a LONG time under the greatest college coach ever. And he walked into a top 5 roster. Pruitt doesn't have either of those things going for him.

If Kirby walked into a top 5 roster, why'd they lose 5 games?

If Kirby walked into a top 5 roster, why'd they lose 5 games?

exactly. there's a learning curve. he whiffed a lot last year on the sidelines, and let's not forget, had Eason not gotten hurt in game one.......who knows how this turns out.:thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back