Recruiting Forum Football Talk LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
TX AM putting their oil money to use. Jimbo making another run at Aranda this time with a blank check to empty the bank. I guess trying to capitalize on the bowl loss and coach O negative vibes.

Can you imagine LSU fans if TX AM not only hires Jimbo Fisher but then also hires Away their only good coach at D.C.?

That like the equivalent if Florida would have hired Jon Gruden and then he took Coach g with him

He didn’t say regular season. 10 was counting a bowl win

9 regular season wins is possible.

Discussing a bowl game matchup is crazy talk and the 10 wins headline is just clickbait.

Personally, I think it was a terrible article but I think 9 regular season wins is definitely possible.

Honestly, the only game I don't give us any shot at winning is Bama. Georgia loses a ton. Auburn will end up taking a step back as well. Just as they have done in the past under CGM.

9 regular season wins is possible.

Discussing a bowl game matchup is crazy talk and the 10 wins headline is just clickbait.

Personally, I think it was a terrible article but I think 9 regular season wins is definitely possible.

Honestly, the only game I don't give us any shot at winning is Bama. Georgia loses a ton. Auburn will end up taking a step back as well. Just as they have done in the past under CGM.

Anything is possible but doesn't mean it's very likely. I for one will not predict anything over 8 wins because too many variables. How bad did Butch ruin the players and how much of it is they just suck and we're overrated. Etc

Anything is possible but doesn't mean it's very likely. I for one will not predict anything over 8 wins because too many variables. How bad did Butch ruin the players and how much of it is they just suck and we're overrated. Etc

My concerns are offensive line, defensive line, QB.

Those are the three weakest areas IMO and that's where you've got to be good to win in this league.

I think we are fine pretty much everywhere else.

Yeah there are a ton of unknowns. Predicting anything seems kinda ridiculous to me at this point.

But I would like to read all the fluff pieces so I can continue to build this defense in my mind some more. 🤑🤑🤑

Those are the three weakest areas IMO and that's where you've got to be good to win in this league.

The article listed these 3 positions as strengths for us.

Yup. But I think for some they can't handle not meeting the expectations. Personally I have high expectations but if they aren't met then I will be fine. The team this year should've won at least 8 or 9 games but the coaches failed them. It's not out of the question to have a quick rebound in year one to at least that. Now if we go 6-6, it is also understandable and shouldn't be disappointing. That said, I hope the team expects to win every game they play. I think that was missing under butch, but I do not think that will be a problem with Pruitt.

That is because you are a oddball that doesn't understand how not meeting expectations is extremely disappointing to most normal people, and hangs an unfairly negative vibe/stigma on what would otherwise be considered good results by reasonable people.

If this team shows no improvement in toughness, dicilpline and fundamentals..then I am going to be pissed off too, but the actual record may not necessarily reflect improvement in those areas.

I think 6-6 is probable, and anything better is gravy...9-10 wins and Pruitt better be winning the Coach of the year, and Magician of the year awards.

I would add cornerback to this list. Although we may have an addition by subtraction thing going on with the guys leaving.

If Gaulden stays I will feel better. I like the talent but I wonder if we have the type of corners Pruitt is looking for on the roster to make his defense work.

I'd guess 6-6. So many unknowns on this team. Could see us losing 5 straight in the middle of the schedule with FL, @UGA, (BYE), @AUB, BAMA, @SC. WVU will probably still have Grier, so 50/50. Mizzou, KY, & Vandy all beat us this year, so those aren't gimmes. Closing the season with pretty much 4 home games though (only road game in last 4 is @Vandy), so hopefully we can close strong and get bowl-eligible. JMO.

I'm not going to say that 10 wins is a realistic expectation or not, however just like Pruit is doing with recruiting, I think we will be blown away in the differences between Butch's teams and the teams to take the field the next several years.

We thought Jones could recruit, but CP has shown he's way better at it. We all witnessed CBJs lack of football acumen in regards to play calling, clock management etc. Can't wait to see what an actual football team coached by an actual football coach looks like on Rocky Top once again!

GBO!

It's not about high expectations though. It's about recognizing the positive change happening and understanding the possibilities. Sports is about possibilities. A new future. Nothing is set in stone at this point and every season is its own opportunity to either win it all or screw it up for somebody else that has a chance to.

Quit penciling in losses. That's some Butch Jones ****.

Just wish the conversation would shift towards something better instead of a million people in a row saying... "Yeah thats never gonna happen" every time somebody wants to dream big. Screw that.

Tennessee fans don't need help getting riled up. And you won't rile them down ever. And you shouldn't. That's what makes us great.

Last year is not a clear snapshot of our current program. At all. There is some truth in there for sure. But it's not the whole story.

The only thing we know for sure is that next year will be much different from last year. Every season is its own and nothing ever goes exactly how we expect.

You live in your fears and ill live in my hopes like my boy Jon Snow. 😎

Go Vols

SMH..ok. I'm not gonna write a epic in response to this..good luck with that.

I have high expectations for us going forward too, and they include championships in the future, they are however also reasonable and intelligent expectations about what to expect this year.

Have a nice day..😉

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, Cat...just go casual fan for a while. It really helps. I sort of hit that mode after last season and haven't really felt the desire to go back to my old fanatic self at all. I had very little investment in this CFB season (UF game killed my spirit as usual) and barely watched any games outside of the Vols. I've casually followed the basketball season. Barely watched the Titans, although I'm happy they made the playoffs.

Finding a competitive outlet outside of sports is also good if you're a competitive person. I took up a few sports/activities in the past few years and have found some success in rec leagues and what not. I'm a hugely competitive person but for many years my only outlet was cheering for bad teams that I have no control over. It sucked.

I'm buckled in for Pruitt and yet another rebuild, but I'll be following it from a distance this time.

If you’re on this site, you’re probably not and will never be a casual fan.

I'm not going to say that 10 wins is a realistic expectation or not, however just like Pruit is doing with recruiting, I think we will be blown away in the differences between Butch's teams and the teams to take the field the next several years.

We thought Jones could recruit, but CP has shown he's way better at it. We all witnessed CBJs lack of football acumen in regards to play calling, clock management etc. Can't wait to see what an actual football team coached by an actual football coach looks like on Rocky Top once again!

GBO!

It's gonna be fun to hopefully see a team that isn't a nervous wreck on game day.

And a coach that's more concerned with leaving the game with a W than with proving his system isn't dumb.

Are you people crazy? If people are already saying 8-10 wins, by August it will be 15 wins or bust.

Year 1: 6-7 wins
Year 2: 7-9 wins
Year 3: 10+ wins

We aren't starting from ground zero like with CBJ.

I want a minimum of 9 regular season wins in 2019.

We could have won 9 this past season just with semi competent coaching. Coaches blew the SCe, UF and Kentucky game. No reason we should ever lose to Missouri and Vanderbilt either. That's 9 wins and we wouldn't have beaten anyone with a pulse.

SMH..ok. I'm not gonna write a epic in response to this..good luck with that.

I have high expectations for us going forward too, and they include championships in the future, they are however also reasonable and intelligent expectations about what to expect this year.

Have a nice day..😉

Someday I'll hopefully grow up to be as reasonable and intelligent as you are Ulysees.

Go Vols! 😁

Reactions: 2 people
That is because you are a oddball that doesn't understand how not meeting expectations is extremely disappointing to most normal people, and hangs an unfairly negative vibe/stigma on what would otherwise be considered good results by reasonable people.

If this team shows no improvement in toughness, dicilpline and fundamentals..then I am going to be pissed off too, but the actual record may not necessarily reflect improvement in those areas.

I think 6-6 is probable, and anything better is gravy...9-10 wins and Pruitt better be winning the Coach of the year, and Magician of the year awards.

That's perfectly fine and I understand that. But trying to squash everybody else's optimism just comes off as misery wanting a little company. I get were you are coming from though. Also, 15-0 in 2018 or I'm burning mattresses. :loco:

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back