Recruiting Forum Football Talk LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chilly 69 degrees here tonight. How you fellas doin?

I have to work in single digits tonight...

finger.gif

Reactions: 4 people
I think Pruitt is focused on bringing in the top guys right now, or at the very least guys who without a doubt fit his system. If Tennessee struggles in the short term with depth, then so be it.

This was evident with the quarterback situation a few weeks ago. The Vols thought they were getting a commitment from JT Shrout so they pulled their offer from then-commit Michael Penix. Tennessee had another quarterback commit Adrian Martinez flip to Nebraska that day.

The coaching staff didn’t blink. It held firm to what it believed and look to be content with just one quarterback in the signing class.

Pruitt has mined the junior college ranks to provide some immediate depth at positions like tight end, outside linebacker and offensive tackle. So, there is a push to shore up depth immediately.

I think it’s more important to the staff to find the players who fit with a ceiling that can compete for SEC championships, though.

— SEC Country

Reactions: 11 people
Simonton was asked a yes or no question on Swain’s show. Will we land the following guys?

Taylor-Stuart- no
Griffin- yes
Copeland- coin flip between TN and Florida
JJ Petersen- yes

Reactions: 8 people
Simonton was asked a yes or no question on Swain’s show. Will we land the following guys?

Taylor-Stuart- no
Griffin- yes
JJ Petersen- yes

yeah, i heard that. copeland is a real wild card. i was watching some of recruiting nation the other day and they were talking about him, and those guys were all talking about him to Bama. he's definitely one that will keep everyone guessing. hoping that tie to Pruitt means as much as we think it does.

Stuart...he's going to OV. so i think there's a chance.

agree on the other two.

Taylor-Stuart- no
Griffin- yes
JJ Petersen- yes

If we don't get Taylor-Stuart who do we make the push for? Nikko hall, Joshua Moore, Patrick Surtain Jr, Eddie Smith or someone else?

Taylor-Stuart- no
Griffin- yes
JJ Petersen- yes

I think Griffin and Petersen are very, very likely. I know Copeland is a toss up but for some reason I feel cautiously optimistic. If we can get Taylor-Stuart on campus then I think there will be a shot but it’s a long one. Anything can happen if you blow him away on his visit though.

If we don't get Taylor-Stuart who do we make the push for? Nikko hall, Joshua Moore, Patrick Surtain Jr, Eddie Smith or someone else?

Nikko hall is coming as a safety or a wr. We’ll get Eddie Smith as the other corner imo. Tall and fast.

Last edited:
Gonna try Occidental Grand this time, got a royal junior suite...just 4 nights have to make it count!

What all different resorts have you stayed at? We did the Excellence in Punta Cana last year and loved it, but ran into some people who said Excellence Playa Mujeres was better. First time doing the all inclusive experience, so I’m sure I was easily impressed.

What all different resorts have you stayed at? We did the Excellence in Punta Cana last year and loved it, but ran into some people who said Excellence Playa Mujeres was better. First time doing the all inclusive experience, so I’m sure I was easily impressed.

Stayed at Secret Aura, EL Cozumelino and Occidental Grande in Cozumel. Loved Secrets. El Coz is more budget and north of town but still fun, good for families. Occidental I haven't been to since Bavaro bought them but have heard good things.

Stayed at Majestic at Punta Cana. Was not impressed at all they were constructing an addition while we were there and had to look at it from our room going all hours.

Also stayed at a little resort in Costa Rica that was very nice but not all inclusive. We both got sick, me early on and my wife before we left so that kinda sucked. Beautiful place though, by Manuel Antonio park outside of Quepos.

Stayed at Secret Aura, EL Cozumelino and Occidental Grande in Cozumel. Loved Secrets. El Coz is more budget and north of town but still fun, good for families. Occidental I haven't been to since Bavaro bought them but have heard good things.

Stayed at Majestic at Punta Cana. Was not impressed at all they were constructing an addition while we were there and had to look at it from our room going all hours.

Also stayed at a little resort in Costa Rica that was very nice but not all inclusive. We both got sick, me early on and my wife before we left so that kinda sucked. Beautiful place though, by Manuel Antonio park outside of Quepos.

We stayed here several years ago. Cool place.
Xpu Ha Palace Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back