Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the way I felt as well….. history had shown us that complying with the NCAA typically led to harsher penalties. I’m glad it might be changing now.
I agree....there is no point in sticking your head in the sand about how other programs have been torched despite cooperating with the NCAA.

We got lucky...AP said it best, we gambled and it paid off. Nobody should be in here beating their chest about how right they were. They should just be glad it worked out...because me and you both know it could have have been, and would have been a pig slaughter if it happened just a few years earlier.

The NCAA just has infinitely bigger issues on their hands the last two years..and we got lucky.

State it again - now years later. A negotiated settlement including and informing the AA compliance area throughout the investigation process. Negotiated settlements were introduced by the AA a year or two before revelations about the Pruitt regime. AA wants to reduce time and cost. They have staffing shortages like everybody else. Schools are given the option when notice of infractions are received. UT took the option as the least damaging route, which was wise. Fortunately, they did not listen to posters on here who were stuck in the old ways of doing things adversarially.

It's what happens when you have quality leadership who have strong, successful business backgrounds at what they do.

Win-win. Saves both AA and UT time, money and unnecessary angst. Life can go on and programs not be destroyed by the Pruitts of the world.

Pruitt can rot. Forde can join him along with SchiaNO.
Best post I have read in a good while. Hope you and yours are doing well.

None to Bama.

I think the most he could try is to put some of the blame on Fulmer, which could do some damage to Fulmers rep, but that’s about it. Unless he has direct receipts of Fulmer encouraging him to pay recruits and do these things then it’s his word against UT/Fulmers… and we already know UT has truck loads of evidence at this point. Everyone knows it’s in his best interest to just stay quiet at this point but he’s hard headed and dumb so who knows.

Well the best info any of us have are what the insiders In here share. So going off that is why I make that statement. I do believe it went through CPF just looking at his past as a HC and not an AD. Could he separate himself from meddling in Football aspects? All indications point to no, he was at all practices and even said to help with practices. Pure speculation though.

Not buying that line of thought at all. If he had any connections at all to the 18 major violations he would not have gotten the sendoff he did by the big brass and if they did so and evidence came out later they would back off their support. That has not happened. He made a historically bad hire and he has to own it. I wonder who delivered the YOUR FIRED speech to Pruitt. There is not enough detail out yet to make any hard determinations on anybody that was not fired from the staff. But the NCAA took our data, looked to validate it and dig for more and the pronouncement yesterday is trending in our favor which if anything, kept CPF in the clear of the dirt.

Not buying that line of thought at all. If he had any connections at all to the 18 major violations he would not have gotten the sendoff he did by the big brass and if they did so and evidence came out later they would back off their support. That has not happened. He made a historically bad hire and he has to own it. I wonder who delivered the YOUR FIRED speech to Pruitt. There is not enough detail out yet to make any hard determinations on anybody that was not fired from the staff. But the NCAA took our data, looked to validate it and dig for more and the pronouncement yesterday is trending in our favor which if anything, kept CPF in the clear of the dirt.
If you truly believe that, that is fine. To believe CPF had no idea what was going on Is asinine. Idc I hope this all get swept under rug and we go on our Merry way. I’m just saying I understand why dude would be pissed. That’s $12 mil, I’d fight tooth and nail for that

Man...just rewatching the Mizzou, USCjr, and UK games...our offense simply looked like the opposing defenses didn't belong on the same field as them. Been a long time since I've seen that.

Also befuddling why Tiyon would transfer. He was killing it. But oh well, just weird.

If this isn't the most fun offense in CFB to watch, idk what is.

We averaged 455 ypg last year which is the most since 2012 or 2016. I believe we will average over 500 ypg this year. That’ll make us competitive with almost every opponent.

I need some football...starting to break out in hives.

something-about-mary-dom-woogie-scratch.gif

Funny thing that most aren't talking about with Pruitt/Nieds.... where did he come from? Bama/GA.................... Where do you think he learned how to do all of this? Same thing and worse was going on and has always been going on at Bama/GA, but Sankey looks the other way cause it's Bama/GA.... Pruitt and Co thought they could be sloppy like if he was at Bama, but that didn't work at UT... SMH

I mean everyone passes out money right? In all honesty those infractions are pitty. I’m glad he’s gone but paid for hotel visits, mail salon visits, mc Donald’s haha I mean come on
The fact we can't even get away with a little mild cheating just shows how dysfunctional the Fulmer AD was.

The heros here are Plowman and Boyd.

Really turned chicken **** into chicken salad when that whistleblower showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back