Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ignore Button:
Know it
Love it
Use it
I've never ignored anyone but unless ur a troll ur entitled to an opinion,now saying that I just speak my mind I realize not everyone likes or agrees but that's why we have Waffle houses..Ill still send u a 3 paragrpah text messages in real life ask my buddies lol..I wonder if anyone got me ignored if so I'm a cooler than a Polar bears toenails so ur loss 😎

Reactions: IhateGA and patrick
Dam yall I got a serious ass drinking problem.Pleaze don't judge me or no bs I'm just outta control n struggling to grasp it.I help everyone else but can't help myself kinda ironic.I guess embarrassing the ever loving crap out myself rite now doesn't help.

I don't drink never have I hate the crap killed everyone I know.I mean maybe 6 pack a year kicking back 5thz to half gallons last 3 or 4 months n Have no idea why

Last edited:
Gaudy numbers won’t do it. The draft is about measurables. He won’t have the speed to get first round consideration.
Drake London got drafted 8th overall because of his contested catches at USC. Was not good at creating separation. And that was in the PAC-12. If Tillman can get open vs SEC corners like he did last year again and stay healthy he has a high chance to go early.

Reactions: bignewt

But what does that have to do with UT failing (I say failing like super failing) due to a homer WR picking the team he was a fan of and UT donors supporting the university and helping shooty hoops, some sport called baseball, track, swimming, and others all the while keeping us in the spotlight instead of solely donating to our overlords at Spyre? Mike White must be fired now.

In all seriousness, Napier has a really good rep regionally but he's looking more and more like Fuentes at VT except wayyyyy earlier and with fewer accomplishments at a major school. I'm surprised UF's NIL racket which is top notch (actually they have more than one) hasn't kept everything top notch despite coaching changes and their AD not being worth a damn since Foley retired.

But what does that have to do with UT failing (I say failing like super failing) due to a homer WR picking the team he was a fan of and UT donors supporting the university and helping shooty hoops, some sport called baseball, track, swimming, and others all the while keeping us in the spotlight instead of solely donating to our overlords at Spyre? Mike White must be fired now.

In all seriousness, Napier has a really good rep regionally but he's looking more and more like Fuentes at VT except wayyyyy earlier and with fewer accomplishments at a major school. I'm surprised UF's NIL racket which is top notch (actually they have more than one) hasn't kept everything top notch despite coaching changes and their AD not being worth a damn since Foley retired.
What?!

Last edited:
Reactions: InVOLuntary

Upthread (earlier today). Heaven forbid fans support the University of Tennessee instead of our lords and saviors at Spyre. My post was heavy on sarcasm.

As for racket I'll give you 3 definitions to choose from as I feel all apply to NIL projects in their current iteration (especially the first 2):

-- social whirl or excitement

-- an easy and lucrative means of livelihood
AND
--a dishonest scheme, trick, business, activity, etc.:

The third might be argued and I wouldn't apply it to our own but given that implementation at the moment has many forms AND the fact that I was applying it to UF I think it a fair definition. TBH, I didn't think the term required explanation. FWIW, I've nothing against Spyre and even support it but I am against the Spyre worship.

Last edited:
You think the university should compensate players for the millions the university makes on players' NIL?

Hell no. It's against the rules and the university invests more than it gets back. 99 percent of players have little value when investment is figured in.

The players didn't pay for those stadiums and the gate is where the money is made. Only a handful of players deserve the big bucks. But my opinion on that isn't relevant and has nothing to do with what I said earlier.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Of course it is. But in principle that is what you support? Rules change every day.

I support amatuerism and if a kid wants to sell a jersey or start a youtube channel have at it. I don't support straight up buying players, especially not from the university/state. A stipend and scholarship yes. The rest? Go hustle and make your money. Sell cookies like Alontae did. Apply genuine fair market value to players who have either established ties that make them good pitch men OR play that has made that so. However, if they want it from the university instead of from one of these collectives then cost and investment damn sure better be deducted and a lot of players would find themselves in the red.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Dam yall I got a serious ass drinking problem.Pleaze don't judge me or no bs I'm just outta control n struggling to grasp it.I help everyone else but can't help myself kinda ironic.I guess embarrassing the ever loving crap out myself rite now doesn't help.

I don't drink never have I hate the crap killed everyone I know.I mean maybe 6 pack a year kicking back 5thz to half gallons last 3 or 4 months n Have no idea why
Find a way to stop or it will kill you. How bad do you want to live?

Drake London got drafted 8th overall because of his contested catches at USC. Was not good at creating separation. And that was in the PAC-12. If Tillman can get open vs SEC corners like he did last year again and stay healthy he has a high chance to go early.

Like I said - I love me some Tillman so I hope you’re right. Both for Tillman’s sake but also ours - we need to start putting more first rounders in the league.

I’d say Byron Young and Darnell Wright have the best shot. Outside chance Bru McCoy if he’s as good as advertised.

Tillman, IMO - I’m jaded because of what happened to Jennings. Now, I’m not suggestng CT is as slow as JJ - but it points to how seriously NFL guys take 40 times. JJ has all the intangibles, leadership, hard worker, insane highlights, huge catches in clutch moments, unmatched physicality etc etc etc but he was like the 40th receiver taken that year because he ran a 4.7.

Plus I do have concerns how scouts view receivers in this offense since route trees are generally simplified.

Lastly pretty sure this is a stout receiving class projected coming out.

Nevertheless, I’d love to eat crow. I love CT and I hope he blows up and is the first receiver taken.

Find a Christ-based treatment program. Treatment is important. Jesus is the answer.

This would not sit well with me if I was a teammate. Come in and earn it. Maybe I’m old school. I’ve been told pandering is recruiting nowadays.
give him money and still make him earn it.

this is whorish.

I mean it was actually for Eli Mannings Number retirement…. They were just smart enough to know Arch was coming…..

Off subject…..but watched a really cool 2 part series on the first 100 Years of Vols football late last night.
Interviews with Cafego, McEver, Lauricella, etc……and game highlights from decades ago…..old video, but worth a look. Found it on YouTube Channel.
Had no idea about Bill Pearman having “last rites” given to him on the sidelines during the Sugar Bowl vs Baylor.

Just saying

Any of you guys familiar with Perryville, MO? Going there for an anniversary get away and am wondering if there might be an excursion or two to do while we're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back