Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSU puts WRs in the first round of the NFL draft almost every year in the last few years, and they pretty much win 11 games like clockwork. That's why they get those guys over us. If they are offering the same general levels of NIL compensation, why would they choose TN? If you're not in-state, a legacy, or someone raised to love the big orange, it's just a business decision.

Winning cures all. That's the bottom line.

It’s what Donde wants

Yeah. The Chancellor of the flagship university in Tennessee wants our athletics to crumble to nothing. That is why we are spending millions to renovate and upgrade our football and baseball facilities for athletes to stop wanting to come to UT and then fans to stop coming to the newly renovated facilities. If you truly believe that then there is no helping you.

I don't believe that.

The Plumber is a "buildings and grounds" guy who bristles at the thought of funds being diverted from his capital projects to student-athletes in the name of NIL. TN football recruiting was hot but now barely look warm. If the Plumber is standing in the way, then well he won't last long. UT Athletics do not need anymore self-inflicted wounds.

People can say youre trolling all they want, but this is what ive heard as well. She wasnt a fan of all the publicity the Nico deal got.

Again, that publicity is nothing but good for the university. Why would it be believable that the person in charge of growing and improving the university would be against publicity that will help to grow and improve the university?

She is deceased….. just an example….. we are wanting to build the numbers of people donating…. Not that big of a deal.
I used PAST tense. Assume the internet wasn't as accessible? When the product's good, the support finds a way.

Again, that publicity is nothing but good for the university. Why would it be believable that the person in charge of growing and improving the university would be against publicity that will help to grow and improve the university?
What the person I talk to said:
"I know Plowman has been a roadblock with Spyre lately. She wasn’t a fan of the pub we were receiving. Which isn’t ideal."

The Plumber is a "buildings and grounds" guy who bristles at the thought of funds being diverted from his capital projects to student-athletes in the name of NIL. TN football recruiting was hot but now barely look warm. If the Plumber is standing in the way, then well he won't last long. UT Athletics do not need anymore self-inflicted wounds.
Oh, Patrick...

patrick-thinking-gif-12.gif

I thought it could never exceed 85? That's why coaches have to be careful about the number of EEs they take, because they can't exceed that 85 cap.

I believe the rule is you can't have over 85 on scholarship who are enrolled in school. Presumably those three mentioned in the article left before the summer enrollees began classes. If they currently have more than 85 presumed scholarship players enrolled (I show 86 in a spreadsheet, assuming all of their signees are on campus), then one or more must be walk-ons until a spot opens up.

Yeah. The Chancellor of the flagship university in Tennessee wants our athletics to crumble to nothing. That is why we are spending millions to renovate and upgrade our football and baseball facilities for athletes to stop wanting to come to UT and then fans to stop coming to the newly renovated facilities. If you truly believe that then there is no helping you.

Don't think she likes those big upfront NIL deals so I don't think she likes getting big recruits

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back