Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was from back in May, in a radio interview with Swain and whoever it is that partners with him on WNML. Some of you worship at the altar of AP and Hubbs too strongly. They aren't always right.

That'll be $9,95.
Im the last person to say that too after AP chastised the fanbase for wanting Pruitt gone, but what is said over the radio can easily be put out of context, but what he said about July is in writing…

Bet they can’t illuminate the BRAND details…just the results. You underestimate the people with means to donate considerable sums.
I think Spyre is doing a good job….. wasn’t a criticism….my great aunt was a huge UT fan(deceased now)….. would travel in a big RV to several UT games home and away…. Never missed a bowl game…. She would definitely donated….. they need to figure out a way to reach fans like her.

Im the last person to say that too after AP chastised the fanbase for wanting Pruitt gone, but what is said over the radio can easily be put out of context, but what he said about July is in writing…
You realize he's making a calculated guess, right?

I think Spyre is doing a good job….. wasn’t a criticism….my great aunt was a huge UT fan(deceased now)….. would travel in a big RV to several UT games home and away…. Never missed a bowl game…. She would definitely donated….. they need to figure out a way to reach fans like her.
It'll be easier when football season actually rolls around. Just hire some people to canvas all the tailgaters and spread the word.

Reactions: volbeast33
Now that is harsh !!!! I agree, my thing is you give certain groups of people a green light when money is involved and I hate to see it. My comments weren't just about our VOLS but just sports across the board. This is just really such new territory it will be interesting to watch that aspect of it all if nothing else.
Reality is often harsh. THEY don’t require a “green light”…just the first incomplete pass. Then Nico becomes today’s JG or (to a lesser extent) HB, until he completes the next one. Pull up a game thread on any sport and study the dynamics involved. 😴

Because some stupidly believe there's no end to what we can pay a kid. Regardless, at the end of the day, players like Tate have favorite schools. They want to play for championships amd get drafted. UT hasn't been able to offer either for quite some time. We aren't a "big name" anymore. Until we win and get kids drafted in round 1, it's an uphill climb Spyre or no Spyre.

Well we did give Nico 8M so I would pump the brakes on “stupidly believe”. There’s some substance there.

How was she REACHED? Fans with means know where to go.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Can you imagine if Nico absolutely stinks it up here? I assume that NIL is not fully guaranteed, but we’d have to laugh at our luck to avoid crying.

Apparently Danny White had told coaches to not communicate with Spyre. If all is true and he is that scared of the NCAA then this job ain’t for him imo.
I heard he sits when he pees too. Please for the love of all that is holy, relax. We lost out on a couple of recruits and everyone is flipping out.

Because some stupidly believe there's no end to what we can pay a kid. Regardless, at the end of the day, players like Tate have favorite schools. They want to play for championships amd get drafted. UT hasn't been able to offer either for quite some time. We aren't a "big name" anymore. Until we win and get kids drafted in round 1, it's an uphill climb Spyre or no Spyre.
chicken or egg dilemma
We can’t win big games until we get big time players. And we can’t get big time players until we win big games.

I just want to warn y'all now, if Mauigoa chooses someone other than Tennessee, I'm gonna go bat **** crazy and declare we're doomed, there is no hope, the sky is falling, this staff can't recruit, and any other crap I can possibly think of to throw against the wall.

I won't mean any of it, even though I really want Mauigoa, but I'm gonna do it anyway, just because.

Remember, I do not blue font.

I just want to warn y'all now, if Mauigoa chooses someone other than Tennessee, I'm gonna go bat **** crazy and declare we're doomed, there is no hope, the sky is falling, this staff can't recruit, and any other crap I can possibly think of to throw against the wall.

I won't mean any of it, even though I really want Mauigoa, but I'm gonna do it anyway, just because.

Remember, I do not blue font.
He’s an IMG guy. Let’s hope Niedemeyer (sp?) doesn’t get in his ear poor mouthing UT.

Funny how literally every sentiment like this comes out after we lose the top receiver in the 23 class to the school he's wanted to go to since he was a kid.

The rollercoaster of thoughts on NIL has been all over the place and happening at the flip of a switch at any moment. Up...down.. up...down and at the extremes.

And Bass is hardly even here sitting front row on the rollercoaster haha

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
FF finding any reason at all to not get involved with Spyre. It's baffling, really.

I read the thread in the FF on Spyre and really I’m not all that surprised to see a passionate range of opinions. Larry (@LWSVOL) has been around for long time and I think a lot of folks know and respect him. I’ve always been interested in his view of things. I’m getting close to 70 years old and I think he’s probably more than twice my age. I agree with him about giving up on the NFL once free agency came about and for the same reason. I was a fan of the players not the team. I think with college though it’s different. College players have always came and went with a lot more frequency than in the old days of the NFL. College fans I think are more a fan of the teams (schools) and always have been. jmo.

I think when people have objections it’s prudent to listen to their reasons. It doesn’t mean you’re going to change their mind but we should respect their views. We have a lot of fans for our football program and maybe 25% or more may be open to supporting our NIL efforts. Talk to everybody but key in on that 25% or so. We don’t have time to waste when there are so many fans eager and willing to jump on board, if they only had heard about the good news. jmo.

Things change and older people such as myself tend to have an aversion to change. I don’t know if NIL is here to stay but I suspect it is. I also think that once House vs the NCAA is decided it could change things even more radically, meaning that the schools would have to start sharing TV revenues with the players. Regardless of what changes are underway or may be in the future, generations move on through time. Older generations leave a legacy but newer generations chart their own destiny. I mean it’s like when the Silent generation went to the moon, their parents in the Greatest generation were probably saying that if God had wanted man on the moon he would have installed an escalator. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back