Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooof. I’m sure Bitcoin will rebound eventually if they hold it long enough, but damn, Trevor Lawrence bitcoin investment has lost 15M 🫢

He literally bough in may 2021 when btc was at an all time high lol. Anyone who buys into any investment close to an all time high is dumb.

Edit look at all those people buying in the spring of 2021! Goodness are there no financial advisors out there?

Carnell Tate spurned us and everyone is turning on Spyre
Because some stupidly believe there's no end to what we can pay a kid. Regardless, at the end of the day, players like Tate have favorite schools. They want to play for championships amd get drafted. UT hasn't been able to offer either for quite some time. We aren't a "big name" anymore. Until we win and get kids drafted in round 1, it's an uphill climb Spyre or no Spyre.

I know that the NIL is the way going forward but how long will it be before your occasional or just average fan tunes out. When you start talking about money and endorsements people want results and if those results aren't there, when and how does the tide turn. If you are paying somebody you expect more in general.

Here is an ugly side no one has mentioned, how long before the crowd turns ugly when someone under performs and is getting paid. I've never booed a college kid, nor will I, but Pro's are different, they get paid and many fans will look at the ones getting paid as fair game and I'm not sure how that is going to play out in some of these kids homes when that happens and mama hears here 18 year old kid booed or worse by the masses. That's something I don't think many young people will handle well in this day and time.
Idiots boo their own people regardless. They did it to JG and they'll do it to kids in the future too.

Idiots will be idiots. I'll never get booing your own players or coaches. Paid or not.

You will have to check with an Ohio state fan…. I was just meaning that they need to get people to donate that don’t follow as closely as us…There are a lot of people that don’t know who or what Spyre is.
Bet they can’t illuminate the BRAND details…just the results. You underestimate the people with means to donate considerable sums.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
I know that the NIL is the way going forward but how long will it be before your occasional or just average fan tunes out. When you start talking about money and endorsements people want results and if those results aren't there, when and how does the tide turn. If you are paying somebody you expect more in general.

Here is an ugly side no one has mentioned, how long before the crowd turns ugly when someone under performs and is getting paid. I've never booed a college kid, nor will I, but Pro's are different, they get paid and many fans will look at the ones getting paid as fair game and I'm not sure how that is going to play out in some of these kids homes when that happens and mama hears here 18 year old kid booed or worse by the masses. That's something I don't think many young people will handle well in this day and time.
When they don’t PERFORM fanbases have never needed to see their W-2’s to issue callouts.

I know the coaches know what they need more than anybody and the names of the recruits we are after is not totally public but if you look at the ones on this forum there are a lot of WR, RB and Ath. Just by last years performance I would think LB, DB, LB, OT, DT and LB should be prominent.

I know the coaches know what they need more than anybody and the names of the recruits we are after is not totally public but if you look at the ones on this forum there are a lot of WR, RB and Ath. Just by last years performance I would think LB, DB, LB, OT, DT and LB should be prominent.
Then I think you'll be surprised by this defensive class. More than a couple people predicted this defensive class will be better than offensive...and that's with Nico, possibly Mauigoa, and even before we lost on Tate and Kasper.

Wait a while and let's see how defense unfolds...looks like it could be an elite D class.

When they don’t PERFORM fanbases have never needed to see their W-2’s to issue callouts.
Now that is harsh !!!! I agree, my thing is you give certain groups of people a green light when money is involved and I hate to see it. My comments weren't just about our VOLS but just sports across the board. This is just really such new territory it will be interesting to watch that aspect of it all if nothing else.

I wonder if he held all of that or sold some. If he took his entire salary in bitcoin, I assume he had to sell some to pay his income tax and living expenses.

Yeah I’m sure the numbers aren’t entirely correct. Probably just the numbers from the initial purchase and without updates of situations like you mentioned.

Now that is harsh !!!! I agree, my thing is you give certain groups of people a green light when money is involved and I hate to see it. My comments weren't just about our VOLS but just sports across the board. This is just really such new territory it will be interesting to watch that aspect of it all if nothing else.

Money should never be a green light for booing your OWN player. And besides, college kids have been getting paid for decades and decades and 100% get stipends since 2015 (P5 schools).

As fans, you're there to support and encourage and try to help. Booing your own player is just adding to the problem. A player has never looked up and thought "gee, guess I'll work harder because I love these ***hole fans"...whether pro or college, paid or walk-on. Basic psychological research says these folks lack basic understanding of motivating one's own. It's like Bob Iger recommending booing and harrassing your employees...to make them better employees. That's stupid.

Then I think you'll be surprised by this defensive class. More than a couple people predicted this defensive class will be better than offensive...and that's with Nico, possibly Mauigoa, and even before we lost on Tate and Kasper.

Wait a while and let's see how defense unfolds...looks like it could be an elite D class.
Ratings-wise, at least according to current ratings, I don't see that happening. I mean, I think we'll get some guys that can be developed and be good on defense, but I'm not sure they'll be rated better than our offensive players. IIRC, Bradley is the only 5* defender we're currently in on.

And I'm not downing what we'll get on the defensive side of the ball. I believe we'll get some really good contributors. Maybe not as freshmen, but I think they'll be good in their time here. I just don't agree that they'll be rated higher than our potential offensive haul, especially if we land Mauigoa.

Reactions: VolNash17
He literally bough in may 2021 when btc was at an all time high lol. Anyone who buys into any investment close to an all time high is dumb.

Edit look at all those people buying in the spring of 2021! Goodness are there no financial advisors out there?
Investing $24 million in btc has to have been born in Georgia. This is as bad as Michelson losing $200 million in gambling, but he is from the land of Fruits and Nuts.

Apparently Danny White had told coaches to not communicate with Spyre. If all is true and he is that scared of the NCAA then this job ain’t for him imo.
Funny how literally every sentiment like this comes out after we lose the top receiver in the 23 class to the school he's wanted to go to since he was a kid.

If the #1 qb recruit in the nation doesn’t get someone excited then they are just miserable far deeper than just following football.

I, like everyone else on this board, am super excited to have Nico.

The big issue to me, though, is that as important as we may think this board is, we are a very small segment of Vol fans. Out of the dozens of hardcore, lifelong fans that I know, I am the only one of them on Volnation. This board represents a VERY small fraction of the total number of Vol fans out there. We all know about Spyre and how impactful they could be but I think a lot of fans have no idea that they even exist.

I have talked to several friends, some of them being season ticket holders, and they had no clue what Spyre was or that they even existed. That is a major issue IMO!

Maybe I'm wrong but I took that as what the poster earlier meant about "not having a brand".

@WillAtSpyre

Post the quote…
It was from back in May, in a radio interview with Swain and whoever it is that partners with him on WNML. Some of you worship at the altar of AP and Hubbs too strongly. They aren't always right.

That'll be $9,95.

Reactions: KptVFL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back