Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why a lot of people were saying that they're potentially the best team ever.
Best team in Tennessee history for sure and not just because some of the best talent in the country on one team. One thing for certain is the following that they brought to UT. I’ve never seen this much interest in our basevols.

Best team in Tennessee history for sure and not just because some of the best talent in the country on one team. One thing for certain is the following that they brought to UT. I’ve never seen this much interest in our basevols.
Since the media and Twitter are untrustworthy, I am not convinced that a lot of people around the country didn't like our team. However I think that if we had gotten time slots and reliable reporting worthy of a #1 team, we would for sure have generated a huge national following. Everybody doesn't have their head up their pig --- like Arky or Vandy or ESPN. My theory. All exposure that was mediated by biased haters was false and Pravda-esque. But propaganda is not ubiquitous on account of necessarily failing.

Last edited:
Tldnr but liked it for effort.
What happened is @Ulysees E. McGill posted very reasonably this morning, saying (my bold):
I don't know what to expect this year. There are just too many holes and thin spots for me to feel really good about it.

What sucks is that people are going to turn on Heup if he doesn't show the big improvement in results that it seems everybody is "expecting".

I think the thin roster will, or I will say "may" create a up and down season very similar to last when all is said and done.

I hope I am wrong and we win 9-10...but no way in hell am I going to "expect" it
Then this monomaniacal guy spent half a day and 20+ posts insisting that we weren't thin, that at LSU is his ideal team to play this year, that only AL and GA have more depth than us, and whatever else he said after my eyes glaced over with boredom. Bottom (implicit) line: Anything less than 11 wins is failure, you see?🙄

@BigSteve09 very reasonably and patiently tried to explain things to him. To no avail.

Thus -- consciously or not -- this argumentative nitpicker proved McGill's point by making himself the first example:

What sucks is that people are going to turn on Heup if he doesn't show the big improvement in results that it seems everybody is "expecting".

Last edited:
What happened is @Ulysees E. McGill posted very reasonably this morning, saying (my bold):

Then this monomaniacal guy spent half a day and 20+ posts insisting that we weren't thin, that at LSU is his ideal team to play this year, that only AL and GA have more depth than us, and whatever else he said after my eyes glaced over with boredom. Bottom (implicit) line: Anything less than 11 wins is failure, you see?🙄

@BigSteve09 very reasonably and patiently tried to explain things to him. To no avail.

Thus -- consciously or not -- this argumentative nitpicker proved McGill's point by making himself the first example:
Saying we are thin because we might not have great depth at linebacker and secondary is a little ridiculous in my mind…sorry if that effected you in any way lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back