Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is after the last SEC Baseball Tournament championship the Vols football team elevated to the next level....hoping that's about to happen again!
We will not see another team this dominant. This team was ridiculous, and I don't think people realize how special this team was.

I believe we will have a really good program, and we will have good to great teams as long as Tony and Frank stay around, but this years team is one of the most, if not the most dominant to ever play the game at the college level...and that is a quantifiable fact.

It is sad and infuriating that this Tennessee team will get screwed out of the rightful national recognition it deserves as being one if the GOATs simply because they had a couple of off games.

I'd say this is a little premature and or asinine. He walked into a situation with Tony V and Barnes as head coaches and a rich school eager to spend NIL $. Not too tough. What has he actually done? I like him and I think he's done a fine job...but we're gonna put him next to Pat Summitt already? He already rubbed fans/me wrong with his comment after the Ole Miss game and his text a buddy crap.

We will not see another team this dominant. This team was ridiculous, and I don't think people realize how special this team was.

I believe we will have a really good program, and we will have good to great teams as long as Tony and Frank stay around, but this years team is one of the most, if not the most dominant to ever play the game at the college level...and that is a quantifiable fact.

It is sad and infuriating that this Tennessee team will get screwed out of the rightful national recognition it deserves as being one if the GOATs simply because they had a couple of off games.
They won't get respect either because they weren't choir boys

Yeah I'd be interested to see the line since Addison left. They did get a pretty good portal QB though. I just don't see this being a 10+ point spread, "big disappointment" territory at their place, similar to last year.

As did LSU get a nice portal QB. Our luck, as usual. Still think we win that one though, as well.
I don't know what to expect this year. There are just too many holes and thin spots for me to feel really good about it.

What sucks is that people are going to turn on Heup if he doesn't show the big improvement in results that it seems everybody is "expecting".

I think the thin roster will, or I will say "may" create a up and down season very similar to last when all is said and done.

I hope I am wrong and we win 9-10...but no way in hell am I going to "expect" it

I also take solace in the fact that Skankey is working to change the rules to have a season, then an SEC tournament, and then a playoff -- the very system that everyone says is bad in baseball and basketball -- because cheating Nickie and the guy with the goods on Alabama are afraid they are going to miss the playoffs soon. Unless Skankey gives them a backdoor way in,
The only thing bad to me about the baseball tourney is too many teams and the series should be best of five.

I don't think either is "bad"...just that the best teams, even the best teams by far in baseball almost never win it all.

I don't know what to expect this year. There are just too many holes and thin spots for me to feel really good about it.

What sucks is that people are going to turn on Heup if he doesn't show the big improvement in results that it seems everybody is "expecting".

I think the thin roster will, or I will say "may" create a up and down season very similar to last when all is said and done.

I hope I am wrong and we win 9-10...but no way in hell am I going to "expect" it
Having Nico in the class may (should) act as insurance.

Thin roster?

Yep. But it happens. Patriots undefeated season team is without question one of the best teams the NFL has seen and they didn't win it all. Peyton's 2013 Broncos also were a dominant team that you could argue was the best ever and didn't win it all. 2015-16 Warriors team as well.

I don't think we'll see another baseball season this dominant either, but I think we very well could see a CWS title from a team that gets hot at the right time and closes the season strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back