Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t have an opinion either way, i couldn’t tell in real time and it was still pretty unclear in slow motion… and that’s the point.
I mean, it’s unclear to us, but I would assume they have technologies they utilize to figure it out. It would be easy to have a program the can discern white from yellow in the frame. Etc etc. or a program that can track the change in pixilation across the screen. But I get what you are saying

Dude youre gonna have an uphill battle convincing educated men to be anti tennessee on a Vols board. Youre ignorant on this one

The incentive is in many instances these refs went to schools and already have an extreme hate for UT

Start your education with this one. I was at the 88 Vols Bama game and started thinking to myself then. Wth is wrong with this power structure here ? You must not have lived through the offseason after the UNC bowl game

First lesson, if it was isolated we could see it might be random, but i bet u dont know where this ref attended school

This may be the greatest example of documentable bad officiating by one official in one game. This was his third really bad call of the day.

With seconds to go before the half Matthews called a running clock on the sideline when a UT receiver caught and toe tapped on his way out of bounds and was contacted by a DB, probably costing us at least a FG attempt.

At the same endzone of the pass, a FL player caught a ball in the left flat and was driving for the endzone, was contacted, came down clearly very upright on BOTH knees just outside the one and then fell and slid forward into the endzone and Matthews awarded a TD. Replay would have corrected this one today.

Two things showed how bad this exhibition was. There was an emergency rules meeting called to clarify what it takes to be a catch in the endzone and a mid season letter went out to all crews. But the most obvious one is that Matthews was SOON reassigned to Rocky Goode's crew where he could not possibly be assigned to another UT game. Think that was an accident?

All of those calls are on the game film.... Oddly enough there was a TV crew following this crew that day for one of those TV features. The post game meeting they had looked like a bunch of cats feathers in their mouth and hanging their heads. I was surprised the league allowed them to show it. They ALL knew they were part of a documented debacle. It happens, and will as long as humans attempt to fill those roles. Most do an admirable job within the limits of their humanness, it's those exceptions, the really bad ones that stick out.

The big question is why would they want to deliberately try to do that to Tennessee…. I can buy financial incentives for what the NCAA/SEC may try to accomplish.
Answer me this….. what reason does the NCAA/ SEC have for doing some of these things.
ESPN had reasons for wanting Woodson to be the Heisman Trophy winner.

The media firestorm around UT is a good thing…. It’s bc we are the number one fan base in the country and they want our clicks bc it drives revenue.

On the NIL….. did you miss the very public fight between Nick Saban and akimbo Fisher?

I can buy the SEC slanting things in favor of Bama/Georgia bc they want teams in the playoffs…. It’s good for business.

Have you seen the other players that made 1st team all American team? The stats from those players were unbelievable.

I’m willing to listen to reasons that the NCAA/SEC would want us to lose to Auburn, Ole Miss, Pittsburgh, or Purdue but I just can’t come up with one.

If they were truly out to get us…. Why not suspend Jordan Beck for his flipping off players while running around the bases? I’m sure they could of come up with some no respect for the game nonsense to justify it…. They haven’t said a word about it, publicly.
Through these years of watching it unfold, the first reason I have come up with for all of the hate (where it truly began picking up steam), the NCAA and SEC HATE!!! Phillip Fulmer. They absolutely detest and loath and despise and abhor the man for being the one to speak up about the recruitment of Albert Means. If you don't know what all that led to, and the can of worms it opened, you should look it up.

Then the Greg Shiano fiasco just added infinite tankers full of fuel to that already burning fire. I don't believe you truly understand how much the powers that be hate us for that; hell!!!, even I hate us for part of it...claiming the reason it happened was because of his involvement with Penn St, knowing full well the reason being, his name wasn't Jon Gruden. The dipsh!ts in this fan base had convinced themselves, AGAIN!!!, that it was him; and, the moment they learned it wasn't, boooom. Penn St just gave a more legitimate reason. However, back on point...they hate us because we didn't bend over for another sh!tty hire; we went national with it, even getting State Reps involved. It showed EVERYONE, including the powers that be, just how powerful a fan base can be. The powers that be can't have that.

I'm not going to answer all of the questions you've brought forth ...feel I shouldn't have to; those examples I gave in my previous post are real, and anyone with a pulse and clear vision know it...and, I have countless more.

However, I will say this: I don't give a sh!t if Mike Trout and Aaron Judge are on the 1st team All American team ahead of Lipscomb and Gilbert and Ortega and Burns and Beam. If Trey Lipscomb and Drew Gilbert played at Vandy, or FSU, or Texas...and, if ANY of those schools had had the year that we just had, there is not one single doubt in my mind they would have had more than ONE!!! player on the 1st Team All America team...again, not one single doubt.

As far as Saban and Jimbo...when did that public fight happen? Did it happen in Dec of 2021? Did it happen in Feb of this year? Or, did it happen after March? Was Sankey saying, "There are some concerning trends...I think it's important we recenter ourselves on what's supposed to be happening here"...was he saying that in Dec or Feb? Or, was he saying it in May, just a month or so AFTER Nico committed to us, and rumor of an 8 million dollar deal? Did the NCAA appoint a "task force of national leaders", and begin to use the term "collective" right after A&M signed their historic class, OR after Nico committed to us, and word of 8 million dollars? Yes, A&M has their part; but, UT and Nico's commitment, along with the publicity of Spyre, blew it wide open, to the tune of NCAA task forces and new guidelines, and public outcry by Saban and Dabo and the like. Again, where were Saban's public comments on A&M and Deion Sanders in Dec and Feb? Why was it that he went public about his outrage, AFTER Nico committed, and not AFTER those classes were signed?

I'm not going back and forth all day, this is the last ill say about it. Again, we have brought a lot of the hate and bias onto ourselves, no question. Whenever we act like dipsh!ts by burning sh!t in the middle of the road, or pelting our very own with trash, we deserve all of the shame and hate that comes our way; yet...to say that Charles Woodson wasn't ANYTHING but an agenda; or, Pitt, Ole Miss, Purdue wasn't ANYTHING but straight up cheating...it's pure blindness.

Last edited:
The big question is why would they want to deliberately try to do that to Tennessee…. I can buy financial incentives for what the NCAA/SEC may try to accomplish.
Answer me this….. what reason does the NCAA/ SEC have for doing some of these things.
ESPN had reasons for wanting Woodson to be the Heisman Trophy winner.

The media firestorm around UT is a good thing…. It’s bc we are the number one fan base in the country and they want our clicks bc it drives revenue.

On the NIL….. did you miss the very public fight between Nick Saban and akimbo Fisher?

I can buy the SEC slanting things in favor of Bama/Georgia bc they want teams in the playoffs…. It’s good for business.

Have you seen the other players that made 1st team all American team? The stats from those players were unbelievable.

I’m willing to listen to reasons that the NCAA/SEC would want us to lose to Auburn, Ole Miss, Pittsburgh, or Purdue but I just can’t come up with one.

If they were truly out to get us…. Why not suspend Jordan Beck for his flipping off players while running around the bases? I’m sure they could of come up with some no respect for the game nonsense to justify it…. They haven’t said a word about it, publicly.

In 2004, Auburn was undefeated and vying for being top 2 in the BCS. Ultimately they missed it because I think there were 2 other undefeated teams. But if we beat them, there is no chance that an SEC school gets to the BCS National Championship Game.

For all the people saying "these things happen to every team," Show me an equivalent game deciding call for every SEC team that is so blatantly wrong as that Gaffney "catch".

The only one I can remotely think of is Missouri vs Kentucky a couple of years ago.

Also the Petersen interception vs Alabama. I don’t know if that would of decided the game though.

Almost forgot about Texas A&M vs LSU in 18 or 19 I think. 74-72 game I believe

The difference between the games I listed and UT is the frequency that they happen.

Reactions: SugarCC
We set all kinds of offensive records and every single game our fans complain about garbage inconsistent strike zones…. They must be able to adjust some.

Most of the time it’s not inconsistent but just some key missed calls. Humans screw up but when it happens with bases loaded in the 8th and ends an inning with you still trailing like the other night, it is magnified and people go nuts. All teams complain about the strike zone regardless.

So, let me get this straight...

Peyton Manning really didn't get robbed of the Heisman Trophy, or Josh Dobbs the SEC Player of the Year?

I, also, wasnt called trailer park, and accused of being in a frenzy?

And, we really didn't get cheated out of the 2004 SEC Championship against Auburn, or the 2021 SEC Tournament Championship against Bama?

Also, we really didn't have a fumble recovery for a TD against Ole Miss this past year, or a blown whistle to let Bama get lined up in 2019; and, Jaylen Wright really didn't score in the bowl game against Purdue?

And, I guess we really are the ONLY fanbase to ever throw sh!t onto the field...the ONLY fanbase that is "TOXIC", a "DISGRACE" (media's headlines, not mine)... the ONLY fanbase that "should have to play the rest of our home games in an empty stadium"?

Also, I must have missed where broadcasters, to a national audience, accused other teams of doping; and, national radio saying, "McDonalds bags!!!"

As well, Trey Lipscomb not only didn't deserve SEC Player of the Year, TWO PLAYERS!!! were more deserving, right? And, it really wasn't a load of sh!t, that one of the greatest teams of all time (if not THE greatest) couldn't litter the All SEC teams; and, Drew Gilbert and Trey Lipscomb aren't really 1st team All Americans? Both are not good enough, i guess.

All of that must be just in my head and not real, right? I could go on for days. I think I will...

If Texas A&M is truly the lightning rod for NIL resistance, why wasn't it the firestorm in Dec and Feb, that it is now? I don't remember the fcksticks being so up in arms about it then. Seems like Sankey, NCAA, and the rest only started full steam ahead for changes after word of an 8 million dollar deal came out. 🤔

And, Greg Shiano truly is the coach we all should have been more than grateful for, right? Nevermind Ohio St or Oregon, or whoever the hell else not wanting him.

I guess all of that, and more, truly didn't happen? It's all one big conspiracy theory, made up by delusional fans? Again, I could go on and on and on, so on and so forth...

Now, I am more than willing to admit that A LOT of the kicking us while we're down, setting us on fire, and pissing on our corpse was brought on by our very own selves; however, if one is not able to see that there has been a VERY OBVIOUS slant by the powers that be (NCAA, SEC, media, etc), first thing Monday morning, a call should be made to set up a long overdue eye appointment.
You left out about three pages worth...

Only a blind fool can not see the truth at this point, whether blind by internal choice because they can't face the real truth because it would shatter their fantasy that competition is fair and just, or blind because they have no observational skills or cognitive abilities.

UT was actually told to keep the coat and hat in the dugout a while back. The players used to run them out to home plate and dance around, celebrating with the crowd. That rustled others intensely, so UT watered the celebration down weeks ago. The media still plays it up, though, showing it in the dugout, even though the players don't keep the coat or hat on long or make much ado about it at all, anymore.

boringgggg

For all the people saying "these things happen to every team," Show me an equivalent game deciding call for every SEC team that is so blatantly wrong as that Gaffney "catch".
The only one I can think of off the top of my head, and I am sure there are more, is the extra down Colorado got to help them win that game. Don't even remember who they were playing.

Dude youre gonna have an uphill battle convincing educated men to be anti tennessee on a Vols board. Youre ignorant on this one

The incentive is in many instances these refs went to schools and already have an extreme hate for UT

Start your education with this one. I was at the 88 Vols Bama game and started thinking to myself then. Wth is wrong with this power structure here ? You must not have lived through the offseason after the UNC bowl game

First lesson, if it was isolated we could see it might be random, but i bet u dont know where this ref attended school

Exactly...over and over and over and over again.

This may be the greatest example of documentable bad officiating by one official in one game. This was his third really bad call of the day.

With seconds to go before the half Matthews called a running clock on the sideline when a UT receiver caught and toe tapped on his way out of bounds and was contacted by a DB, probably costing us at least a FG attempt.

At the same endzone of the pass, a FL player caught a ball in the left flat and was driving for the endzone, was contacted, came down clearly very upright on BOTH knees just outside the one and then fell and slid forward into the endzone and Matthews awarded a TD. Replay would have corrected this one today.

Two things showed how bad this exhibition was. There was an emergency rules meeting called to clarify what it takes to be a catch in the endzone and a mid season letter went out to all crews. But the most obvious one is that Matthews was SOON reassigned to Rocky Goode's crew where he could not possibly be assigned to another UT game. Think that was an accident?

All of those calls are on the game film.... Oddly enough there was a TV crew following this crew that day for one of those TV features. The post game meeting they had looked like a bunch of cats feathers in their mouth and hanging their heads. I was surprised the league allowed them to show it. They ALL knew they were part of a documented debacle. It happens, and will as long as humans attempt to fill those roles. Most do an admirable job within the limits of their humanness, it's those exceptions, the really bad ones that stick out.
The one thing that people forget about all of this is that it was only second down for Florida. They still would have had at least one more chance and could have kicked a FG on 4th down to tie. Still, horrendously horrible call.

I’m not arguing about it anymore. Watch the game. Use your eyes. Know the pitcher.

Let’s all just agree that college athletics are just for fun and all games are officiated fairly and correctly. There are no agendas and no bias in the game.

Fantasy land.

Preach!

Reactions: VolGee4
Most of the time it’s not inconsistent but just some key missed calls. Humans screw up but when it happens with bases loaded in the 8th and ends an inning with you still trailing like the other night, it is magnified and people go nuts. All teams complain about the strike zone regardless.
We are 56-7 25-5…. One game from back 2 back college World Series…… Pitcher of the year….. coach of the year….. freshman if the year….. if they are trying to shut us down…. They are doing a very poor job….I agree fans go nuts in key moments.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
We are 56-7 25-5…. One game from back 2 back college World Series…… Pitcher of the year….. coach of the year….. freshman if the year….. if they are trying to shut us down…. They are doing a very poor job….I agree fans go nuts in key moments.
That's because we have an insanely stacked team...not because they aren't trying.

Crocodiles are the ones you need to worry about.
There are TONNES of those in the mountains also. Esp Saltwater Crocs. Makes me nervous.

At Watauga Lake last weekend my 6 yo asked me how many Gators there were. I said as many as 0, you need to exercise extreme caution.

This is their indoctrination into extreme sarcasm.

UT was actually told to keep the coat and hat in the dugout a while back. The players used to run them out to home plate and dance around, celebrating with the crowd. That rustled others intensely, so UT watered the celebration down weeks ago. The media still plays it up, though, showing it in the dugout, even though the players don't keep the coat or hat on long or make much ado about it at all, anymore.
a sport that takes 4 hours to complete, is slowed by video review, horrific officiating, and bad rules, has absolute excitement injected into it. let's remove that interest because feewings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back