Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will never get it.

The subjectivity of reffing in all major sports is an exploit for anyone who cares enough or pays enough to take advantage of. They leave that back door wide open for a reason.
Announcer: For that very reason, I’d pull out of the wide receiver and slip one into the tight end.

Finished the game late last night due to traveling to Jamaica. Them boys put on a show. IDC what anyone says, what TN is doing is good for the game. How many times have you heard I don’t like baseball because it’s boring? Now those ppl are falling in love with baseball because of the Vols. You know we’re good when others start hating on you. But, other team fans are starting to become Vol fans because of this baseball team. We’re the new band wagon team.
@Christian Lowe congratulations and good luck today.

UT was actually told to keep the coat and hat in the dugout a while back. The players used to run them out to home plate and dance around, celebrating with the crowd. That rustled others intensely, so UT watered the celebration down weeks ago. The media still plays it up, though, showing it in the dugout, even though the players don't keep the coat or hat on long or make much ado about it at all, anymore.
This has probably affected our mojo. It seems we have lacked energy a lot the last few weeks. Maybe I’m reading more into it than is there.

So, let me get this straight...

Peyton Manning really didn't get robbed of the Heisman Trophy, or Josh Dobbs the SEC Player of the Year?

I, also, wasnt called trailer park, and accused of being in a frenzy?

And, we really didn't get cheated out of the 2004 SEC Championship against Auburn, or the 2021 SEC Tournament Championship against Bama?

Also, we really didn't have a fumble recovery for a TD against Ole Miss this past year, or a blown whistle to let Bama get lined up in 2019; and, Jaylen Wright really didn't score in the bowl game against Purdue?

And, I guess we really are the ONLY fanbase to ever throw sh!t onto the field...the ONLY fanbase that is "TOXIC", a "DISGRACE" (media's headlines, not mine)... the ONLY fanbase that "should have to play the rest of our home games in an empty stadium"?

Also, I must have missed where broadcasters, to a national audience, accused other teams of doping; and, national radio saying, "McDonalds bags!!!"

As well, Trey Lipscomb not only didn't deserve SEC Player of the Year, TWO PLAYERS!!! were more deserving, right? And, it really wasn't a load of sh!t, that one of the greatest teams of all time (if not THE greatest) couldn't litter the All SEC teams; and, Drew Gilbert and Trey Lipscomb aren't really 1st team All Americans? Both are not good enough, i guess.

All of that must be just in my head and not real, right? I could go on for days. I think I will...

If Texas A&M is truly the lightning rod for NIL resistance, why wasn't it the firestorm in Dec and Feb, that it is now? I don't remember the fcksticks being so up in arms about it then. Seems like Sankey, NCAA, and the rest only started full steam ahead for changes after word of an 8 million dollar deal came out. 🤔

And, Greg Shiano truly is the coach we all should have been more than grateful for, right? Nevermind Ohio St or Oregon, or whoever the hell else not wanting him.

I guess all of that, and more, truly didn't happen? It's all one big conspiracy theory, made up by delusional fans? Again, I could go on and on and on, so on and so forth...

Now, I am more than willing to admit that A LOT of the kicking us while we're down, setting us on fire, and pissing on our corpse was brought on by our very own selves; however, if one is not able to see that there has been a VERY OBVIOUS slant by the powers that be (NCAA, SEC, media, etc), first thing Monday morning, a call should be made to set up a long overdue eye appointment.
The big question is why would they want to deliberately try to do that to Tennessee…. I can buy financial incentives for what the NCAA/SEC may try to accomplish.
Answer me this….. what reason does the NCAA/ SEC have for doing some of these things.
ESPN had reasons for wanting Woodson to be the Heisman Trophy winner.

The media firestorm around UT is a good thing…. It’s bc we are the number one fan base in the country and they want our clicks bc it drives revenue.

On the NIL….. did you miss the very public fight between Nick Saban and akimbo Fisher?

I can buy the SEC slanting things in favor of Bama/Georgia bc they want teams in the playoffs…. It’s good for business.

Have you seen the other players that made 1st team all American team? The stats from those players were unbelievable.

I’m willing to listen to reasons that the NCAA/SEC would want us to lose to Auburn, Ole Miss, Pittsburgh, or Purdue but I just can’t come up with one.

If they were truly out to get us…. Why not suspend Jordan Beck for his flipping off players while running around the bases? I’m sure they could of come up with some no respect for the game nonsense to justify it…. They haven’t said a word about it, publicly.

Ok...just keep ignoring the abundantly obvious. It obviously helps you to rest better and feel at ease that all is good, fair and right in the world...like believing in Santa Clause.

What I said is still true. It is almost mathematically impossible that so many game changing calls go against us in big games.
What reason would they have for doing it?

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
What reason would they have for doing it?
Dude youre gonna have an uphill battle convincing educated men to be anti tennessee on a Vols board. Youre ignorant on this one

The incentive is in many instances these refs went to schools and already have an extreme hate for UT

Start your education with this one. I was at the 88 Vols Bama game and started thinking to myself then. Wth is wrong with this power structure here ? You must not have lived through the offseason after the UNC bowl game

First lesson, if it was isolated we could see it might be random, but i bet u dont know where this ref attended school

He really believes an important group of people in all sports have meetings on how they can screw UT. Their jealousy of UT drove them to this.

Why are they Jealous? You'll get no intelligent answer from him
If I was important, I would definitely call meetings on how we could screw over Alabama and Florida so I understand the compulsion.

He really believes an important group of people in all sports have meetings on how they can screw UT. Their jealousy of UT drove them to this.

Why are they Jealous? You'll get no intelligent answer from him
Plus, most any fan base has examples where they got screwed over by “the man”. It’s part of sports and being a fan, but a mostly delusional and myopic part.

Reactions: vols 30
Ball was definitely foul. Watch the ball slowed down. You can see that the white crosses in front consistently on trajectory of the yellow pole meaning it landed to the right

I didn’t have an opinion either way, i couldn’t tell in real time and it was still pretty unclear in slow motion… and that’s the point.

So, let me get this straight...

Peyton Manning really didn't get robbed of the Heisman Trophy, or Josh Dobbs the SEC Player of the Year?

I, also, wasnt called trailer park, and accused of being in a frenzy?

And, we really didn't get cheated out of the 2004 SEC Championship against Auburn, or the 2021 SEC Tournament Championship against Bama?

Also, we really didn't have a fumble recovery for a TD against Ole Miss this past year, or a blown whistle to let Bama get lined up in 2019; and, Jaylen Wright really didn't score in the bowl game against Purdue?

And, I guess we really are the ONLY fanbase to ever throw sh!t onto the field...the ONLY fanbase that is "TOXIC", a "DISGRACE" (media's headlines, not mine)... the ONLY fanbase that "should have to play the rest of our home games in an empty stadium"?

Also, I must have missed where broadcasters, to a national audience, accused other teams of doping; and, national radio saying, "McDonalds bags!!!"

As well, Trey Lipscomb not only didn't deserve SEC Player of the Year, TWO PLAYERS!!! were more deserving, right? And, it really wasn't a load of sh!t, that one of the greatest teams of all time (if not THE greatest) couldn't litter the All SEC teams; and, Drew Gilbert and Trey Lipscomb aren't really 1st team All Americans? Both are not good enough, i guess.

All of that must be just in my head and not real, right? I could go on for days. I think I will...

If Texas A&M is truly the lightning rod for NIL resistance, why wasn't it the firestorm in Dec and Feb, that it is now? I don't remember the fcksticks being so up in arms about it then. Seems like Sankey, NCAA, and the rest only started full steam ahead for changes after word of an 8 million dollar deal came out. 🤔

And, Greg Shiano truly is the coach we all should have been more than grateful for, right? Nevermind Ohio St or Oregon, or whoever the hell else not wanting him.

I guess all of that, and more, truly didn't happen? It's all one big conspiracy theory, made up by delusional fans? Again, I could go on and on and on, so on and so forth...

Now, I am more than willing to admit that A LOT of the kicking us while we're down, setting us on fire, and pissing on our corpse was brought on by our very own selves; however, if one is not able to see that there has been a VERY OBVIOUS slant by the powers that be (NCAA, SEC, media, etc), first thing Monday morning, a call should be made to set up a long overdue eye appointment.

What hit me square in the face with all of this is the fact that a line judge (or side judge? whatever he is) can call an Alabama football game while being a graduate of Hoover High School, have a brother that flaunts being a Bama fan on social media, and an aunt that works in the SEC office in Birmingham. If there is anyone that doesn’t think this as a problem, then they will never believe there is ever a problem in college athletics.

This doesn’t even get to the Anthony Jordan fiasco in basketball and the Jeff Macias fiasco in baseball and the $500 that I spent to take my son to watch the officials interject themselves in the Music City Bowl (which was obviously not a conference problem).

Then, you have Sankey openly and obviously trying to figure out NIL when anyone with common sense realizes NIL is good for parity.

It all started with Mike Slive and has finally blown up. We all spend too much money on this stuff just to say “oh well.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back