Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

both.jpg

I cannot offer advice, but I can offer prayers. My wife is dealing with a bulging disc and it has been extremely painful for her, so I cannot even imagine a ruptured disc. I do believe God will guide you to the right decision and I pray you get some relief soon.

Lumbar McKenzie protocol. Find a certified McKenzie therapist. (All therapy centers will say that they can do McKenzie, demand a certified therapist). The only thing that actually helps the disc heal. Once pain free, do the McKenzie exercise daily for 3-4 months for long term healing. One round only takes 10 minutes.

Only treatment that’s mandatory for my patients. All other treatments are optional and the patient and I decide their best treatment course together.

It’s a positional exercise that reduces pressure in the injured portion of the disc. This allows the injured area to build a strong scar repair. The longer it’s performed on a daily basis, the better and stronger the scar. Stronger scar means less chance of re-injury.

The correct position reduces leg pain first, centralize the pain. Then the back pain goes away. No twisting of the spine, worse action for an injured disc. Absolutely no lifting and twisting.

No core strengthening, crunches, sit-ups, etc. until pain free for at least 3 months.

Hope that helps.

Lumbar McKenzie protocol. Find a certified McKenzie therapist. (All therapy centers will say that they can do McKenzie, demand a certified therapist). The only thing that actually helps the disc heal. Once pain free, do the McKenzie exercise daily for 3-4 months for long term healing. One round only takes 10 minutes.

Only treatment that’s mandatory for my patients. All other treatments are optional and the patient and I decide their best treatment course together.

It’s a positional exercise that reduces pressure in the injured portion of the disc. This allows the injured area to build a strong scar repair. The longer it’s performed on a daily basis, the better and stronger the scar. Stronger scar means less chance of re-injury.

The correct position reduces leg pain first, centralize the pain. Then the back pain goes away. No twisting of the spine, worse action for an injured disc. Absolutely no lifting and twisting.

No core strengthening, crunches, sit-ups, etc. until pain free for at least 3 months.

Hope that helps.
You should really think of getting into medicine.

Not sure what chiro you have been to, but my wife and I have a great chiro. I was a firm believer they were all quacks before I got married. I have changed that opinion. I am sure that there are plenty of bad ones out there, but if you go to the right one, they can help a great deal.

Same here. Anybody with back issues should check out the Activator Technique that some chiropractors utilize. It might work for them as it did for me when combined with deep massage. Relief from pain and inactivity to complete recovery in just a few weeks. The exercise/stretching techniques I learned are still serving me well some 4 years later. Have not needed further or on-going visits, although I would never hesitate to go back if needed now.

Same here. Anybody with back issues should check out the Activator Technique that some chiropractors utilize. It might work for them as it did for me when combined with deep massage. Relief from pain and inactivity to complete recovery in just a few weeks. The exercise/stretching techniques I learned are still serving me well some 4 years later. Have not needed further or on-going visits, although I would never hesitate to go back if needed now.
What was wrong with your back if I might ask?

Hey guys, since it’s slow I want to share something I recently “discovered”. So, nerd alert; I like to dive into older music and movies a lot to try and find good stuff out there in particular before my time.

So, I’ve heard a lot of Elvis over the years but never deep dived into too much of his stuff, but came across this. This song is reaction to MLK and RFKs assassinations in 1968 and is maybe the most powerful and impressive live performance I’ve seen. What a voice! Just wanted to share the experience and hopefully some of you that have never seen this can enjoy as well.

Got to see him live one time and for a young teen, I thought it and he was amazing. Fun fact, Nick Bruno, who played piano for Elvis and spent quite a few nights at Graceland, is the pianist at our church here in Lebanon. Trust me, he can still tickle the ivories immensely. There is also a book entitled "The War Room" which became a movie that portrayed his mom's life story and is powerful, especially for Christians who believe strongly in prayer.

Got to see him live one time and for a young teen, I thought it and he was amazing. Fun fact, Nick Bruno, who played piano for Elvis and spent quite a few nights at Graceland, is the pianist at our church here in Lebanon. Trust me, he can still tickle the ivories immensely. There is also a book entitled "The War Room" which became a movie that portrayed his mom's life story and is powerful, especially for Christians who believe strongly in prayer.
I always respected Elvis’ reply to being called the King: there is only One King and that was Jesus Christ.

Hey guys, since it’s slow I want to share something I recently “discovered”. So, nerd alert; I like to dive into older music and movies a lot to try and find good stuff out there in particular before my time.

So, I’ve heard a lot of Elvis over the years but never deep dived into too much of his stuff, but came across this. This song is reaction to MLK and RFKs assassinations in 1968 and is maybe the most powerful and impressive live performance I’ve seen. What a voice! Just wanted to share the experience and hopefully some of you that have never seen this can enjoy as well.

A more humanized side of the 👑.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back