Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small piggy back, with HDMI cords ya gotta look at what type of HDMI it is too. You need a 2.1 HDMI cable to get 4k and multiple brands offer that. Also length of cable does matter, as with Ethernet the longer the cable the more quality you lose.

If a 3' cable is all you need then buy that over the 6' one. A great source for cables is monoprice.com
Truth. If you don’t need an 18ft cable then don’t buy it hah. Also, this is why I love DisplayPort. Much bigger bandwidth. From what I have gathered you can do 4K over HDMI 2.0 up to 60Hz, but picture and audio options are limited. 2.1 really brings out the options. I actually ended up going pretty top of the line with these AudioQuest. I bought a 6’ Pearl and have had great experiences with it over the 3 years I’ve owned it.

Also, so many people don’t realize they have Cat 5 cable in their house and are paying for above 100 Mbps speeds. Just a waste of money. The amount of knowledge needed with technology is just so vast it’s really easy to not know something while trying to do the right thing. Thankfully I checked my house and we have the speed for my 1 Gbps up/down speeds.

Edit: this has been fun as I enjoy talking about technology and science

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Sorry for the nerd/tech talk...lol

It's something I've gotten very into since filming. And a lot of the big boy cinema cameras that exist (and those used on sidelines for sports) don't capture 4K even. It's a ton of information/data and sadly a lot of people think "4K is best!" and so much more goes into it and I've seen cameras that film in 1080p get upscaled to 4K and look better than native 4K cameras.

Also one other small tip, take into account how close to the TV you're actually going to be. A huge TV you're too close to will look worse than a smaller TV you're a tad far from.

1 to 1.5 times the size of the TV is how far your optimal viewing spot is.

So for a 40" TV you'd want to be at least 40" away up to 60" away. So if you're 5' from the screen a 75" will look awful.

What's the best size TV for my room?
Speaking of cameras..I bought a Canon sx740hs before our trio specifically for the awesome zoom that thing has to take great long range pics and vids...I left it sitting on a stone wall at Tunnel View on the second morning of our trip...I lost a ton of shots I had gotten at Calaveras Big Trees California SP the evening before, and some really awesome shots from Taft Point and Glacier Point in Yosemite that morning..it makes me want to puke 🤮

This is such a bad take and has the empathy and emotional intelligence of a caveman.

There is a 0% chance he said "I know I have other options but I don't want to get tackled - even though I've been playing football all my life and have been tackled thousand of times - so I'm going to avoid that at the cost of my other options to possibly win the game."

There is a much higher chance that he simply panicked and didn't have the mental fortitude to process his options and possibly thought he was stopping the clock by not getting tackled in bounds.
Considering that he looked up to the clock as he was running out of bounds, I don't think he was in the game AT ALL.

I get that everything slows down in those huge moments, but he only had 3 seconds left. The second the ball was snapped, the game was over. He wasn't in that space.

It looked like he went into auto-pilot:
* Take the snap
* Survey the field
* Nobody is wide the hell open, what is this defense? Everyone is 20 yards downfield.
* Internal clock is ticking, ah, I got bumped, time to roll out
* What am I doing, what am I doing, what am I doing
* Don't turn it over, don't force it <--- this is where the error took place. A logical thought to have as the QB in 97% of passing plays. But you have to trump that thought with "Where can I put this to give my guys a greater than 1% chance of making a play?" which probably should have happened at step 3.
* Ok, gotta go, let's make it a positive play
* Ah, s*** this is the last play of the game isn't it?
* Get outta bounds, wait, the clock? Do I even -- and I stepped out of bounds...

His head wasn't in the game. He wasn't present in the moment. This probably isn't the first time that his Football IQ/mental awareness has come into question.

He was treating his first possession of the game like it was the first possession of the game. No awareness whatsoever.

Last edited:
I said 4-8 or 5-7 before the season and it's going to take a serious screwup not to get 6-6, so while I tried to mentally prepare myself by saying anything else was gravy, I still hate that we were just fingertips from winning a game against a top 15 team where we really were not at our best. Argh, it would have been such a great moment.
Kiffin thought the ball to Tillman was going to be caught. They went to him right after and he was squatting down and you could tell he was practically hyperventilating. They got very lucky.

Speaking of cameras..I bought a Canon sx740hs before our trio specifically for the awesome zoom that thing has to take great long range pics and vids...I left it sitting on a stone wall at Tunnel View on the second morning of our trip...I lost a ton of shots I had gotten at Calaveras Big Trees California SP the evening before, and some really awesome shots from Taft Point and Glacier Point in Yosemite that morning..it makes me want to puke 🤮

Oh hell I'd be sick! That sucks man :(

You should write notes and take a picture of it so it's in the camera.

"If I leave this somewhere, or you steal it from me please send the SD card to PO BOX..." lol

Considering that he looked up to the clock as he was running out of bounds, I don't think he was in the game AT ALL.

I get that everything slows down in those huge moments, but he only had 3 seconds left. The second the ball was snapped, the game was over. He wasn't in that space.

It looked like he went into auto-pilot:
* Take the snap
* Survey the field
* Nobody is wide the hell open, what is this defense? Everyone is 20 yards downfield.
* Internal clock is ticking, ah, I got bumped, time to roll out
* What am I doing, what am I doing, what am I doing
* Don't turn it over, don't force it <--- this is where the error took place. A logical thought to have as the QB in 97% of passing plays. But you have to trump that thought with "Where can I put this to give my guys a less than 1% chance of making a play?" which probably should have happened at step 3.
* Ok, gotta go, let's make it a positive play
* Ah, s*** this is the last play of the game isn't it?
* Get outta bounds, wait, the clock? Do I even -- and I stepped out of bounds...

His head wasn't in the game. He wasn't present in the moment. This probably isn't the first time that his Football IQ/mental awareness has come into question.

He was treating his first possession of the game like it was the first possession of the game. No awareness whatsoever.
This is an excellent take. Not sure if that's exactly his thought process, but I think it's a lot more reasonable than all the "he's so selfish" assumptions flying around. He defaulted to his training for the correct decision on 99% of plays because he panicked and didn't realize/forgot this was a 1% situation.

Sorry if already discussed, but AP said that we fake injuries on Extra Points, any reason why? Just to kill time to give more rest/prep between the kickoff? Still lame.

Truth. If you don’t need an 18ft cable then don’t buy it hah. Also, this is why I love DisplayPort. Much bigger bandwidth. From what I have gathered you can do 4K over HDMI 2.0 up to 60Hz, but picture and audio options are limited. 2.1 really brings out the options. I actually ended up going pretty top of the line with these AudioQuest. I bought a 6’ Pearl and have had great experiences with it over the 3 years I’ve owned it.

Also, so many people don’t realize they have Cat 5 cable in their house and are paying for above 100 Mbps speeds. Just a waste of money. The amount of knowledge needed with technology is just so vast it’s really easy to not know something while trying to do the right thing. Thankfully I checked my house and we have the speed for my 1 Gbps up/down speeds.

Edit: this has been fun as I enjoy talking about technology and science

Technology is always improving and it's wild how far it's came just in the last 2 decades! I also have had to learn (and constantly continue to learn) since even SD Cards require knowing what all the symbols etc. mean to make sure you can actually record 4K with it. Don't even get me started on the NVMe drives that PCs are using now as well.

I listened to the VQ podcast earlier and Rob Lewis said PFF has Hooker as a top 10 QB in the nation. Wow. Heupel is having a much bigger impact than I ever suspected.

1634662229725.png

I really, really wish he had been the QB from the get go full time. We probably beat Pittsburgh and give Florida a lot better game.

This is an excellent take. Not sure if that's exactly his thought process, but I think it's a lot more reasonable than all the "he's so selfish" assumptions flying around. He defaulted to his training for the correct decision on 99% of plays because he panicked and didn't realize/forgot this was a 1% situation.
The fact that he looked for the clock while running out of bounds tells you everything that you need to know about where his head was at. He was WAY behind where the game was at that point. It may as well had been the 8 minute mark of the 1st quarter. He was running auto until he was about to step out and finally thought "oh my god, the clock"

Golf balls are not easy to throw with accuracy. It had to be someone pretty close it came in flat maybe even one of his own done it. He likes attention.

You’re absolutely correct. Clearly someone from the Ole Miss sideline did this. Now all we need is someone to get the photoshop machine going and “prove” this to be the case. Get to work folks.

Sorry if already discussed, but AP said that we fake injuries on Extra Points, any reason why? Just to kill time to give more rest/prep between the kickoff? Still lame.

@volbeast33 had this info a few weeks ago, and I posted that I laughed at the USCe game when I saw Dayne Davis down for about the 5th time this year. We score so quickly that it gives the defense more time, AND it doesn't effect the flow of the opponent's offense like OM did. Heupel is a smart dude.

With his arm, we probably would have been better off having the last play from the 50, Dobbs style. He had too many options with a medium play. Even still, everyone knows that if you're the QB the play cannot end with the ball in your hand. It just can't.
Not sure that is far enough!!

Technology is always improving and it's wild how far it's came just in the last 2 decades! I also have had to learn (and constantly continue to learn) since even SD Cards require knowing what all the symbols etc. mean to make sure you can actually record 4K with it. Don't even get me started on the NVMe drives that PCs are using now as well.
They are awesome. I just threw 2 M.2 SATA sticks into my rig this past Christmas. Lightening fast! But with speeds of hard drives getting faster and faster, the return on investment is getting lower and lower unless because you are reaching that asymptote that you can’t cross with Y being the speed of the hard drive and. Being the access time. You definitely feel it over large projects, but boot up time and small things you don’t even notice anymore really.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Swain and Basilio both ripped him today. He was selfish and didn't want to get hit because he didn't think he'd get in. He doesn't realize that he lost so much more than that play.
Either he was not football smart enough to realize it, he has no situational awareness whatsoever, or he did not want to get hit. All of those make him look so much worse than anything else he has done prior to this, and that is saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back