Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about what is happening in the SEC. Bad boy Kiffin is now a bonafide SEC good ole boy and media hound playing the part of Mr. Nice Guy - when really he is trolling the h--l out of us and other programs/fans. The SEC chose him and OM over Heup and UT. That's the reality. It is the only reason you send the Curles crew to officiate a prime time night game with that pre-game attraction and profile.

Our response - keep throwing sand in the machinery. Stress the system - UT, the SEC, the media. Be the black hats. We've been quiet and apathetic way too long.

Did I see that the umpire in our game was an OL who played at Bama? There’s another one, along with Curles living in Birmingham.

The guy who stopped the play at the goal line when the Bama defense was confused in 2019 went to Hoover High School, and Rob Skelton is the son of a Bama QB who has done plenty of Bama games. He can do them because he went to Jacksonville State.

Yep, seems about right.

Conferences using and paying their own refs is a huge problem. In fact, the whole de-centralization of college sports is a big problem. Needs to be a central body looking out for the game, not a league. Sankey has made this problem very clear recently. No pro league would let conferences become so imbalanced and let one megalomaniac run amok. It's ridiculous and a bad system.

The thing is I don't see how anyone is going to stop them. The NCAA has been weakened by conferences, public opinion (fans only see them as an enemy), court cases, agents etc. and there's absolutely no check on conferences any more. The championship in football has always been private but now it's even more private. I'm having a hard time seeing how college football survives it's own corruption for very much longer. The only player on the board that can force change is we the fans and as evidenced by the beating we take in the media whenever we stand up, they really don't like it when they're challenged. But this isn't UT's problem - it's a national problem - and right now our fanbase's willingness to state it's opinion and force change is the outlier rather than the norm. Everyone else is happy to sit back and take it. Fans from all over have to demand accountability and action or college football will become a relic.

Did I see that the umpire in our game was an OL who played at Bama? There’s another one, along with Curles living in Birmingham.

The guy who stopped the play at the goal line when the Bama defense was confused in 2019 went to Hoover High School, and Rob Skelton is the son of a Bama QB who has done plenty of Bama games. He can do them because he went to Jacksonville State.

Yep, seems about right.

Time to burn the whole system down. I don’t know what the answer is, but I know what we’re doing aint it.

That hasn't stopped the SEC from having LSU fans ref LSU basketball games or Bama grads ref Bama games.
Bama grads haven't reffed Bama games. That's prohibited. But the children of Bama grads have reffed Bama games. I know the son of a former Bama QB has reffed Bama games, but the son wasn't a Bama grad himself. Still seems like a conflict of interest.

My wife used to eat mayo on hot dogs....for some reason it wasn't as disturbing as a guy doing it.

The banana and mayo sandwiches she would eat was horrifying though.

Look at some of those cookbooks from the 50s-60s. There wasn’t a single category of food for which they didn’t find some way to include mayonnaise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back