Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that 250k to be used to compensate the refs?
they need to take the 250k and hire some compotent referees and not that crew of ass wads that were on the field. I am not saying that beat us but I am still in awe of the fumble td bs. That has to be the biggest blown call i possibly have ever seen in 58 yrs. what a true joke on that call and if it was reviewed and they agreed with the call on the field then they should be gone to. The sec should nut up and acknowledge such because the longer it goes the worse they look. Sankey is a joke and has been for a while.

“Some of our fans were hit with glass bottles” is now “I know somebody was hit with a glass bottle”.

What glass bottles? A bottle of what? They aren’t allowed nor sold.

Look, the fans throwing stuff were awful and it is a bad look, but I don’t buy this glass bottle stuff.
Plenty of glass bottles get in. I still doubt any were thrown but there were some there, no doubt.

On the play Corral was on the sideline and was marked short of the first down they reviewed and correctly gave him a first down, theo could have lit him up, they would have called a personal foul. If a player can pull up like he is going out of bounds making it where you cant hit him, he should not then be able to take an extra step in bounds for a first down

I agree that he probably got the first down, but that is subjective too as it’s where the ball crosses out of bounds. Really frustrating that they change that call right after they won’t move the Velus catch. The Velus catch was not quite a first but was clearly a foot or two further. It would have been 4th and a foot. Not sure we would have gone for it.

Just difficult to reconcile this with a review like the one against Vandy in 2013 where there was no real evidence.

If it could be proven to come from the sideline, that might be grounds for some form of sanctions. That'd be fun.
Honestly, I don't know if there's any real likelihood of it, but it just seems like strategic flopping like that wouldn't be entrusted to the whims of the players. They'd need to be directed as to when and who.

Maybe the better starting point would be for someone with too much time on their hands to log the injuries with situational data (down and distance, field position, drive info, play info, etc.) and see if a correlative pattern emerges. Maybe there's a situational trigger that's specified ahead of time.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but the SEC network replay isn’t showing the strip fumble TD.

Smh. Tell me something isn’t rotten in Birmingham, they don’t even try to hide it anymore.

As in, the highlights? Or the replay of the game itself?

Why the hell is the SEC hiring former players from SEC schools to be officials? Forget about the incompetence, bias toward higher ranked teams and part times with day jobs....that's all bad. But why do university administrators allow officials that have ties to member institutions?? That's F'ing insane!!!

I can guarantee you if they set out mayonnaise as a hot dog condiment I would have rioted long before we got screwed by the refs. “Who is this maniac flipping tables in the concourse?”
VN: oh that’s gotta be engineerVOL.
I had a friend that put mayo on hot dogs. Key word: HAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back