Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need Dead End BBQ to sponsor the OL
The cookie company can have the DBs for all I care
Another business gets the QBs, RBs, WRs, DL, LBs, etc etc

Just funnel the money through them. If we gave Dead End $500,000 to sponsor our entire OL class we could boost recruiting overnight.

I wonder how serious people are about crowd sourcing NIL. I may or may not have taken some preliminary steps to setting that up but then abandoned it cause my kid was born.

A cleaning crew would have to immediately service the announcing booth if Gary Danielson ever witnessed Alabama do that to another team. And it would stand, and it would be celebrated. Kiffin would stand there crying and whining at the refs, and they'd shrug him off.
Take that tin foil hat off dude. I'm going to make sure you do when I take my blinders off.

Just did cursory research and by that one click research on Curles - how does a crew that was once suspended for 3 weeks by the conference for their ****** officiating keep getting hired and assigned? This particular crew always seems to make the call the conference wants - to save the ones favored from themselves. This conference needs to be investigated.

Any you filthy Georgians gonna be at Shaky Knees in Atlanta this weekend? Mac Demarco...Run The Jewels...Portugal.The.Man...pretty excited. This year got the new (soon to be) BiL's house to stay at and walk from, just 4 blocks from Central Park. And the weather should be beautiful...a music festival concert in the Fall is a dream come true...dangit Bonnaroo though for falling through 😑

If Hooker and both of the Mays are held out this week, do we score on the bumps?

And in honor of the week: You know what you call a girl in Alabama that can outrun her brothers?

A virgin.
Milton could score a few imo. He'll at least stress the defense. Best runner. And they'll at least have to respect his deep shots, whether or not he hits them. Will open up the run game. And this isn't a classical Bama defense.

So...yes.

41-20 imo without Hook

41-33 with.

And no idgaf if fans don't want to see him, as long as the coaches and players can get behind him is all that matters. JG 2019 all over again, 90% of fans would've benched him the rest of the way and we'd have gone 4-8. But JJ and the team believed in him and he helped us win and avoid total disaster...for that stretch at least. Don't care, just win.

Last edited:
It would be interesting for someone with access to all the video feeds to look at each questionably injured player right before they drop and see if there appeared to be communication from the sideline.

If any signals were coming in regarding when to flop and which player, they probably wouldn’t have been too sneaky, because who’d be looking for that? If something like that could be tracked down and documented, and then made public, it would leave some fun in its wake.

If it could be proven to come from the sideline, that might be grounds for some form of sanctions. That'd be fun.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Here's the problem - if fans hadn't lost their cool would anyone be talking about this? They wouldn't and we all know it. The Conference has successfully muzzled coaches by fining them for deigning to question officials. Fans throwing things is the only way it gets mentioned. THAT is a real problem and it is one the conference has created.

No one should throw things but goodness if it's the only way things get talked about people are going to keep throwing things.

Just did cursory research and by that one click research on Curles - how does a crew that was once suspended for 3 weeks by the conference for their ****** officiating keep getting hired and assigned? This particular crew always seems to make the call the conference wants - to save the ones favored from themselves. This conference needs to be investigated.
Conferences using and paying their own refs is a huge problem. In fact, the whole de-centralization of college sports is a big problem. Needs to be a central body looking out for the game, not a league. Sankey has made this problem very clear recently. No pro league would let conferences become so imbalanced and let one megalomaniac run amok. It's ridiculous and a bad system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back