Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Play calling was better when Hooker was in. No excuse to keep calling bomb plays when Milton has proven he can't hit them. If he'd have called plays like he did when Hooker was in, Milton would have been fine.
The play calling was great when Milton was in. Throws to open receivers down the field over and over. The execution was bad.

y’all would wish we’d lose before HB. Played and didn’t well. ****ing suckers. He’s the best QB on roster.

He was pretty open about his frustrations last week too.

I think Milton could have played in the second half but didn’t. They basically gave him 5 total quarters.

We talk like he’s been trotting him out there and making excuse for him for three years
I think it’s pretty clear huepel saw enough and put in hooker. Maybe he had an “injury” to save face a bit, but decision was made.

Reactions: Revived2002
Neither Milton or Hooker throw on time as they should. Both stare down their primary receiver. They are going to be mistake prone as we have seen. Hooker has the better run game and touch pass. Milton has more athleticism and big arm. They are 4th year guys. The die is cast. It can be fine tuned a bit, but nothing off the charts IMO.

Personally, I would change my philosophy to fit the team. The only reason I can see to start Milton over Hooker or Bailey is because of the big arm. That big arm is not hitting open receivers beyond short routes very often, or on time. Hooker is the better runner by far, runs like an RB. Has a decent arm, nothing special and not as good as HB IMO. But with T-Evans back, I'm riding with the run and play action game that Hooker can bring if Heup is unwilling to give HB a shot at the regular playbook. JMO.

While there were plenty of negatives we saw today that need to be fixed quickly, there were positives as well. None bigger than this team didn’t give up. They shot them selves in the foot over, and over, and over… but they didn’t quit like they would have last year. They picked themselves back up and got back to work. Even after all of the injuries, missing starters on both sides of the ball, negative plays, too many penalties to count and 3 turnovers.. we had a genuine chance to win the game late in the 4th quarter. Last year this team would have folded and lost 41-10. That’s progress at least.

Now I’ll wait and see if Heupel can get some of this sloppiness and discipline cleaned up before passing full judgement.

GREAT POST!

Reactions: hooter vol
That INT was bad too. Safety read it like a book
Im trying to erase that pick from my mind. But ive been thinking, other than early when he went in, there was only one other true drop back pass that Hooker threw today and that was on a third and long. That tells me all I need to know about how the coaches feel about his passing ability.

With multiple starters out, bad OL play, and bad QB play we put up 34 points on a solid ACC team. In the last 3 years, we have only scored 34 points in 3 other P5 games:

- 2019 South Carolina [41 points]
- 2020 Missouri [35 points]
- 2020 Vandy [42 points]

We put up 34 points with 33 yards rushing from our RBs, 13 penalties, and 3 TOs. I am usually pessimistic, but Heupel is an offensive coach and managed to put up points on a solid defense despite bad circumstances. That is promising for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back