Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyams doesn’t know his ass from his elbow and Fuad is a kicker….what do either of them know about play calling?

They're no more expert than we are - especially Hyams. The only questionable calls are those damn shovel passes that never get much yardage and are risky. I wish we'd stop doing them. Execution and talent were the main issues and a lot of that is explained by having so many out. But the key call in that game was the bad spot.

Reactions: ndubvols
My only positive is that Hooker is better than Milton, but a fumble and INT doesn’t give me good vibes moving forward. Need to take care of the ball better
I disagree. Play calling was better when Hooker was in. No excuse to keep calling bomb plays when Milton has proven he can't hit them. If he'd have called plays like he did when Hooker was in, Milton would have been fine.

you dont think a guy who played in NFL knows something about football?
What does a kicker know about calling plays? How many in-depth game planning meetings you think he sat in on?

Does he know about team chemistry, the locker room, camaraderie, etc.? Absolutely and he provides great insight there.

To my knowledge he’s never been a coach or anything like that, so what would he know about play calling or game plans?

I wonder if they’re just afraid of a bad snap and handoff since they’re never under center
I’m sure that has something to do with it, honestly I’m fine with the call if anyone other than Wright was running it.. the smallest guy on the field shouldn’t have the ball in his hands there. I thought hooker could’ve kept it

Reactions: ACvol3
I disagree. Play calling was better when Hooker was in. No excuse to keep calling bomb plays when Milton has proven he can't hit them. If he'd have called plays like he did when Hooker was in, Milton would have been fine.

The thing is Milton did hit a ton of those. Our recievers just couldn't hold onto them. But Hooker is a liability when it come to turnovers. The question is what Hooker brings worth living with turnovers for? It might be since no one has trouble catching his passes but that includes the dbs.

Reactions: jave36
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back